Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 78 of 79

Most Mormons know a lot about their church - Page 78 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Sep, 2015 - 7:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 79 pgs.  74 75 76 77 78 79 
Mormon doctrine on polygamy Mormon Doctrine on Plural Marriage - This Thread goes deep into all the angles of Mormon Polygamy, the requirement of Celestial Marriage which once encompassed Plural Marriage and the current standing of it with the modern Church. Also deeply analyzed is Joseph Smith's secret practise of it that latter lead to his death. Controversial Mormon Issue.
Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Related Information to Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...
19th Jan, 2015 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... - Page 78

I don't know if I will say never. There may changes in the future that would allow the fullness of the Gospel to be fully practiced on earth.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2015 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

Name: Major

Comments: Many will say that the Church's support for the gay community is strange, but they don't realize this is the beginnings of the modern church being more open to all relationships like plural marriage, which needs to be restored.

15th Apr, 2015 - 1:59pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall... Studies Doctrine Mormon

Major has a good point, it may even be a reason why the church wants the supreme court to definitively decide what marriage is and isn't. If they decide marriage is for anyone regardless of gender then the next will be plural marriage and the number of persons one individual can marry. We may still be years from there but its coming close.

Post Date: 18th May, 2015 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 78 Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

Name: Stephen

Comments: Joseph Smith emphasized this doctrine as one that must be obeyed and the only reason it was temporarily discontinued was because of the pressure of the government. Such pressure does not seem to be around now, will this come back? How do we know its not still being practiced?

25th Jun, 2015 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Shall Women Day That Marriage Plural

I've always been fascinated with this aspect of Mormonism. Its the only Christian religion I know that once placed so much emphasis on plural wives. I can see why it didn't last. Against main stream Christianity having many wives can be seen as just wanting a harem.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2015 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...

Name: Bromars

Comments: It does seem like if gays can marry so can other people in other relationships. Plural marriage may be just on the horizon. I just hope our nation does not end up as perverse as other countries where you can marry animals!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Sep, 2015 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...
A Friend

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... - Page 78

I post this as a thought, not having read through all 78 pages of this thread. The first 40 pages was pretty intense.

The Prophet Joseph Fielding Smith was sealed to three women. His first wife died during or shortly after delivery of their 3rd child. His second wife died to an early age illness. He saw his old age with his third wife.

Now these sisters sealed to this brother, were all sealed in the temple through proper priesthood authority. Are they not all part of a plural marriage?

The promise of eternal life and the resurrection are not dependent on how long we live in this earthly life. In the Lord's own due time.

24th Sep, 2015 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Plural Marriage That Day Women Shall... Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 78

Most Mormons know a lot about their church but whenever I ask them about plural marriage I get that look, the one that tells you its something they don't know much about or they rather not discuss.

+  « First of 79 pgs.  74 75 76 77 78 79 

> TOPIC: Plural Marriage: In That Day Seven Women Shall...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,