The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread - Page 4 of 8

Not that your TACTICS are too good, I think, - Page 4 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Oct, 2010 - 8:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Closed
20th Oct, 2010 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread - Page 4

Yeah, good point, I'll see about breaking down the rolls further in my posts for the game thread.

Psychonaut, once you iron out your character sheet, can you re-post? It will just help if I need a modifier to keep the game moving.

Also, Servax is carrying a sickle if it will help? Uses the same die as his unarmed strikes, and is slashing damage. I just assumed that they were undead, but not necessarily textbook Zombies. Didn't even bother checking the stat-block on them, being that I'm not DM.

Sponsored Links:
21st Oct, 2010 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Thread Questions Character Abbey Haunted The

In the future I would like more description / information on the attack.

Myranni put that she is using her signature spell but no rolls or information was given. I have to go back and search around for that in order to post.

Aive declared that he was using a crossbow in the party thread but in game thread it just said something about a missile. I originally posted his attack with a dagger but then reading his post had to go back and edit.

Servax you post that you are charging but don't say what sort of attack your doing. If it's a kick or a punch, whatever, so I have been just assuming a lot of that. If you want we can do it this way. If you want to be more descriptive I won't fault you for it either.

About the acrobatic zombie. He fell from the tree on the 4th round and began to stand. On the 5th round he would be standing and able to shift 5 feet. On the 6th round it has an action, either move or attack.

21st Oct, 2010 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Fair point. I don't have any details on this custom spell. Can you post the description Rentok?

As far as Aive's movement actions then, will you be allowing a full move to the target square? If I am reading correctly he was originally 65ft away from where we wanted him to arrive. If so, he should be in the square as the zombie is standing. If not, we'll just have to skip the attack of opportunity. Either way there are several attack rolls available.

21st Oct, 2010 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Thread Questions Character Abbey Haunted The

Personally I dant care much for the theatrics during combat, a little bit is ok but you go through that many attacks I just want to know when its dead, and if my weapon wasn't effective or not.

The important things I find are the hits, damage and distances, and I guess the less writting there is the easier it is to find those things. I don't mind what type of blow Aive delivers as I might not see the enemy the same way you do.

It was stated I prepared my rapier, I did notice he didn't mention my crossbow perhaps he assumed you read it in party thread.. I don't know,

anyway if I notice my rapier is unnefective I shall swap to my silvered shortsword, just minus one from the damage rolls.

Also I assumed the falling was his 4th round action as it would have required movement, and standing up I assume would take all of his 5th, but yea I don't mind how it turns out rolls are provided but yea upon noticing the weapon ist working please swap to my other sword

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 21st Oct, 2010 - 5:09am

21st Oct, 2010 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

Thread Questions Character Abbey Haunted The

Honestly as we get more players and enemies I can't continue to write this way. I prefer that type of script but I understand needing to know the facts.

Your changing of weapons is noted. I tried to drop hints in the text that your rapier didn't work, and when the target was dead.
I need a little more information from you guys when it comes to why you are doing something. You and Servax met 48 seconds ago but are using fighting techniques as if you know each other.

21st Oct, 2010 - 8:17am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread

I have a copy of Myrrani's Rapid Growth Bamboo saved on my computer, actually. I can easily list it right here.

It's that spell I homebrewed way back, with input from you?

Myrrani's Rapid-Growth Bamboo
Conjuration

Level: Sor/Wiz 1, Bard 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Targets: Up to five creatures, no two of which can be more than 15 ft. Apart
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex Negates
Spell Resistance: No

A shoot of bamboo grows up under the feet of an opponent, impaling them and dealing 1d6 piercing damage.

For every two caster levels beyond 1st, you gain an additional bamboo shoot - two at 3rd level, three at 5th, four at 7th, and the maximum of five shoots at 9th level or higher. If you grow multiple shoots, you can have them strike a single creature or several creatures. A single shoot can strike only one creature, and cannot hit creatures higher than 5 ft in the air. You must designate targets before you check for spell resistance or roll damage.

Material Component
A seed and a pinch of dirt, sand, or ground rock.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Oct, 2010 - 8:20am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey Character / Questions Thread - Page 4

Wait, so your objection here is that our tactics are too good? Both characters have strong mental abilities (Aive 18int, Servax 20wis), yet thay cannot use a basic tandem tactic like "Flank the slow moving opponent" because they are not long term friends? Both the Monk and Rogue classes are designed to rely on mobility and versatility to survive. This is a tactic they would have been trained to employ. If you want to rule against that, very well, but keep in mind that thus far the only damage seen by a PC was 9, which would drop 3 of the 4 characters in the party.

21st Oct, 2010 - 8:34am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey Character / Questions Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 4

Not that your TACTICS are too good, I think, but rather your flawless teamwork without any form of communication whatsoever. I could believe you two could work together flawlessly, if you were talking. They're zombies, it's not like you need to worry about them hearing your plan and changing their actions accordingly. You'd probably just have to say something like, "OK, you hit it from the left, I'll hit it from the right." and that would explain things.

Since this isn't an entire campaign, we don't actually have to be a traditional party as much as we are a bunch of people working towards the same goal, solving the island mysteries. We are as much rivals as we are allies. I'm probably going to do a bit of a "mysterious benefactor" stuff. Aiding you from the shadows, and acting mystical and benevolent if you ever decide to take notice. I have a +18 Bluff check and I'm not afraid to use it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.