The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread - Page 5 of 8

Thinking on that last post, since this is - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Oct, 2010 - 9:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Closed
21st Oct, 2010 - 9:04am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread - Page 5

Unless we are playing with some heavily customised rules here, you can't use bluff on a player character. NPC's only. Might work on the zombies though? tongue.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2010 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread
A Friend

Thread Questions Character Abbey Haunted The

Ok so I recised my character sheet and here it is.

Character: Draco Ophidian
Classes: Wizard
Race: Elf
Religion: Boccob
Hit Points: 2

Player: Psychonaut
Level: 1
Alignment: True Neutral
Experience: 0
Base Attack Bonus: 0

Strength:13 1
Dexterity: 17 3
Constitution: 7 -2
Intelligence: 17 3
Wisdom: 13 1
Charisma:15 2

Fortitude: 0+(-2)=(-2)
Reflex: 0+3 =3
Will: 2+1 =3
Initiative: 3+0 =3
Melee: 0+1+0 =1
Ranged: 0+3+0=3

Money : pp-0 gp-48 sp-0

Armor class : 3+10+3=16

Skills:
balance 2 + 2 = 4
concentration 1 + -2 = -1
escape artist 3 + 3 = 6
forgery 1 + 3 = 4
gather information 1 + 2 = 3
handle animal 1 + 2 = 3
hide 1 + 4 = 5
listen 3 + 1 = 4
open lock 2 + 5 = 7
search 2 + 3 = 5
spellcraft 2 + 3 = 5
spot 2 + 1 = 3
Immune to sleep

Equipment:
Quarterstaff 1d6 (1)
Dagger 1d4 dam
Backpack 2lb (3)

Feats/Specials:
agile
Summon familiar
Scribe scroll

Familiar: Snake

Languages:
Common
Elven

Wizard Spells

Disrupt Undead -- Necro -- 1
Touch Fatigue -- Necro -- 1
Acid Splash -- Conj -- 1
Dancing Lights -- Evoc -- 1
Daze -- Ench -- 1

I hope this makes my char. Proper, if my maximum limit of spell memorizing is less than 5 then you disregard the spells from bottom with respect to the max limit. I've also mentioned the familiar that I've chosen. I hope thats all I need to do.

21st Oct, 2010 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Sorry to skip over your post Psychonaut, I'll let Oliron field your questions.

Oliron, I thought what you did with your last post in the game thread was perfect. I think the DM needs freedom enough to go ahead and tell the story once he has a feel for the intent of the characters. I'd be happy with your continuing untill you run out of rolls provided nothing really serious happens, like a PC taking significant damage, or a new opponent is introduced. I just think it would be good for the sake of keeping the story moving, rather than spending days in a 90 second encounter.

So we have one Zombie left to kill, provided Myrrani is happy with the spells that were used whilst you were improvising, yes?

22nd Oct, 2010 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Thread Questions Character Abbey Haunted The

Psyconaut that looks really good. I have a few more questions though. I think your ac may be off and I am pretty sure you can know more spells. Mind you, you can only cast a certain amount a day but wizards usually know more spells than they can memorize. Also are you going to choose a familiar and magical item? After looking at your spells I am pretty sure some of those are 0th level spells. You get slots for memorizing different leveled spells separately. Meaning you can memorize a certain amount of 0 level spells and separate from that a certain amount of 1st level spells. Your memorization and amount of spells known are separate. Each level of spells are separate in that regard from each other.

I'm not saying you can't fight tactfully I am just saying as far as character knowledge Aive can only guess your a monk who can fight. Servax can only guess that Aive is a rouge. You don't know each others fighting styles / hp / equipment and so forth. You guys are attacking like a well trained unit and that's great. I just wonder realistically how you guys would know without thought or question to fight that way. Just something I wanted to toss in there is all.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 22nd Oct, 2010 - 5:44am

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2010 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Questions Character Abbey Haunted The

Okay so I've decided to finish reading the whole Players Handbook and hence avoiding and future problems. So excuse me me if I cant post for a few days. But wont be long though. So by the end of it, I'll post my character again, and hopefully; with no discrepancies this time.

22nd Oct, 2010 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

(laugh) its ok Psychonaut, takes a long time to learn it all. You will find we all will still fault from time to time, also things can be interpreted differently wich raises some occasionally heated discussions...

If your a wizard focus on the spell casting requirements, learn to understand spell casting slots, spells known, spells per a day, arcane spell failure and I guess get to know some of your spells, I guess the stuff Olrion said

I avoided wizard I think for many years as they are one of the most complicated classes for a beginner, to this day I don't recall playing a wizard actually. But none the less at high levels very verry useful.

Oliron I wear chain mail and don't have big muscles and he is allowed to sterotype me as a common theif? I could be a spell caster taking the chance at failure, I could be a ranger who has spent some time in the city. Out of all the assumptions that one is a little vague tongue.gif 9 damage if I played aive like I did when lwentano was around Servax would be dead, and the mages wouldn't be far behind.

However I'm keen to get into this abbey, is any healing going to be available? what about shops... I don't think Aive thought this through properly.
((laugh) I just noticed if I'm admitting a downfall I say it was Aive, could lead to some expensive therapy sessions if I keep it up)

umm that is all nothing important just blabin pretty much enjoying H.A tho

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Oct, 2010 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey Character / Questions Thread - Page 5

There will be healing available, generally after every fight. Not every time though as it would take away from the fear factor. I will have to be creative in how I introduce the healing stuff to the players. It may end up a little gimmicky at times.

Psychonaut wizards are tough to start as. Once you cast those spells you have no more magic until you rest 8 hours. I should have said something before but playing any spell caster in this type of adventure can be hard to pull off.

23rd Oct, 2010 - 9:24am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey Character / Questions Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

Thinking on that last post, since this is a confined quest. Maybe the spell casters should have reduced memorization time.

Perhaps there can be a safe area / zone were once in they become "refreshed".

If a place existed it would not be a safe haven. I can't have magic users just gaining back spells all the time.

Maybe these "refreshing" moments can just come upon a spell caster.

All this makes it sound like I will let you sail threw. No, don't think I am pulling punches.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 23rd Oct, 2010 - 9:36am

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.