The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread - Page 6 of 8

Oliron, is Servax going to be able to shed - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Oct, 2010 - 9:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Closed
23rd Oct, 2010 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread - Page 6

Spells are stronger and more diverse and applicable then a heavy mellee attack for that reason, they are limited.
But then again if we come against a large number of zombies first thing in the morning the caster we be unefective for the rest of the day...
If there is a sanctury area can I ask it also speeds healing, perhaps resting in there for 2 hours is treated as resting for 8 for all purposes? As them running out of spells is sort of equivelt to us front fighters running out of hp...

Diff topic, since when is a 20 on a skill check a natural success? If I try to jump to the moon 20 times technically suddenly I will... If 20 ants try to trip me suddenly I will loose my balance and hit the floor.... If I told god 20 times that he had to grant me his powers or he would die he would eventually believe me...
Not only dose it make no sense I cant find it in the rules, if someone can find it I will stop complaining but untill then, what the..

By the rule book 20 is only an automatic hit, it isnt even an assured critical, by the book to ensure critical damage you roll again and if this second roll beats the AC then the crit damage is applied. It makes sense to me, I think its a good balancing mechanic,
The higher your attack the more chance you have of pulling the extra damage because the more skilled you are at using the weapon.

Sorry that was a side rant about crits, I was just mainly trying to asy no matter how lucky you get if someone is just far better then you they should still win.

Anyway are we including gold weight in this game>? we are using it in kntorans, or can we carry as much as we like un hindered?

Sponsored Links:
23rd Oct, 2010 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Thread Questions Character Abbey Haunted The

Natural 20's are always a hit because that is the way my friends and I always played. Yes your right in some situations it is not applicable. If your saying you want to jump to the moon and roll a 20, it's just not going to happen. If your trying to run and jump into a tree and roll a 20 I might try and write up how that happened.

I just introduced a bag of holding with some potions in it. That should solve the encumbrance problem. Now its up to your party to use the potions wisely.

24th Oct, 2010 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I hate to be the bearer of bad news here Oliron, but the bag doesn't fix the encubrance issue. Myrrani currently has 10lbs of inventory, excluding her gold. A 'Bag of Holding II' weighs 25lbs "regardless of contents", meaning even when empty. 30lbs is the top of her heavy load, so she could pick the bag up, but not move at the same time.

A portable hole would fix the issue, as they are practically weightless, but that's a 20000gp item. If we are going to be giving characters 20000gp items to fix their weaknesses, I expect that everyone will be getting one? Some magical remedy to Servax's horrible scars would be nice, and I'm sure Aive would appreciate a magical weapon to help with his damage output.

Alternatively we could downgrade to a Bag of Holding I, which weighs in at 15lbs. Not really an ideal fix, but a cheap one, and Myrrani could lift it. It would put her on a heavy load, restricting her base speed to 20ft, run speed to x3, and imposing a -6 check penalty.

Not a fan of the snake dragging a big bag of cash Oliron?

Reconcile Edited: Inferatus on 24th Oct, 2010 - 1:20am

24th Oct, 2010 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Thread Questions Character Abbey Haunted The

Myranni doesn't have to carry it. You could bury it with her gold in it and get it later. Someone else could carry it too.

No the snake dragging the gold does not work in my head. Picturing it is giving me a slight headache. smile.gif

24th Oct, 2010 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

Thread Questions Character Abbey Haunted The

Yeah, well I wasn't thinking about the mechanics of the familiar-bag. The thought just seemed amusing.

Can't much see the point in burying the bag of holding. Surely the GP are already in a bag that we could bury. And then where would the potions go? Better if Servax holds onto the bag. Myrrani is welcome to store anything she wants inside of it. Not sure how well that fits with the whole 60-second relationship though. "Hi there stranger, will you hold onto my 2000gp and promise to give it back?".

As far as the accelerated resting goes, doesn't that ring of sustenance already allow Myrrani to recover her daily spells in 2 hours?

24th Oct, 2010 - 5:58am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread

That's actually been an ongoing debate. Technically no, the ring does not work that way. Though it would be pretty cool if such a ring existed.

Obviously no there is no reason Myranni or anyone should toss all their stuff in the bag. Though the alternative is not much better.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Oct, 2010 - 6:40am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey Character / Questions Thread - Page 6

Ahh, fair enough. So the ring functions more to accelerate healing, than to memorise spells?

You're right with the bag. Not your job to work out the details for us. We have a way to carry everything now. Up to us to work out how to properly roleplay it.

26th Oct, 2010 - 9:35am / Post ID: #

The Haunted Abbey Character / Questions Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Oliron, is Servax going to be able to shed any light on these buildings? Being one of the monks from this abbey, I thought he may know something. Just looking for anything he can remember about the internal layout, hidden entrances, or any interconnected buildings.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: The Haunted Abbey - Character / Questions Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.