It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea? - Page 7 of 8

QUOTE but it is our personal revelation on - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Apr, 2014 - 10:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 
Early Mormon settlers used ephedra
6th Apr, 2014 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea? - Page 7

Yes I will try and find those and post them as soon as I can. Do you happen to know what plant "Brigham Tea" comes from? The recipe said it grew wild in Utah but didn't say what it was?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2014 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Tea Drink Mormons OK It

Name: WilforW

Comments: Herbal tea like green tea is not good because it is "tea". Other plants that are not part of the tea variety are usually okay.

8th Apr, 2014 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea? Studies Doctrine Mormon

From Wikipedia:

international QUOTE
The four basic types of true tea are (In order from most to least processed): black tea, oolong tea, green tea, and white tea. The term "herbal tea" usually refers to infusions of fruit or of herbs (Such as rosehip, chamomile, or jiaogulan) that contain no Camellia sinensis. (Alternative terms for herbal tea that avoid the word "tea" are tisane and herbal infusion.)

This statement shows that the green tea is an actual tea, which is against the word of wisdom.

Also, from the following link:
Source 5

international QUOTE
The official LDS Church doctrine states that drinking tea is against the Word of Wisdom.

Under the Gospel Topic of Word of Wisdom at LDS.org it states:

"The best course is to completely avoid the substances that the Lord prohibits in the Word of Wisdom."

But to clarifty, herbal tea is not against the word of wisdom, although we have been cautioned: "Some people enjoy herbal teas, but even these should not replace more nutritious drinks in the diet" (Lora Beth Larson, "The Do's in the Word of Wisdom," Ensign, Apr 1977, 46.)

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2014 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Tea Drink Mormons OK It

Name: KimB

Comments:

international QUOTE
Do you think herbal teas are forbidden within the Word of Wisdom? How do you reach that conclusion?

If you look for the definition of "hot" in an earlier period dictionary, you'll find it defined as "stimulating" I personally believe that this is the context in which it was used in the WoW. Therefore green tea would be included as as a "hot" drink, because it contains caffeine. I also truly believe, as an ex-coffee drinker, that the main purpose of not drinking "hot" drinks, is because they are addicting. And if you are addicted to something, it has some measure of power over your life, which is really bad. I, myself, enjoy herbal teas from time to time and have no problem with them, as long as they don't contain caffeine.

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2014 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea?
A Friend

Tea Drink Mormons OK It

Herbal tea is great! it surely does not go against the word of wisdom usually. Raspberry tea is especially helpfully during the nine months of pregnancy. It helps you so much!

8th Apr, 2014 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

So we all agree that the Word Of Wisdom doesn't speak about caffeine right? I see many members talk about the caffeine.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2014 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

It OK Mormons Drink Tea - Page 7

No it does not state caffeine. But our body is a temple and we should abstain from any harmful substances but it is our personal revelation on what is the word of wisdom.. . Some things are needed to be known for just oneself and should not be proclaimed to the church as a whole.

9th Apr, 2014 - 10:41am / Post ID: #

It OK Mormons Drink Tea Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

international QUOTE
but it is our personal revelation on what is the word of wisdom..

Hmm... Joseph Smith clearly stated what the Word Of Wisdom is, not sure what you mean?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,