It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea? - Page 8 of 8

Anyone who's served a mission outside - Page 8 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Apr, 2014 - 11:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 
Early Mormon settlers used ephedra
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2014 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea?
A Friend

It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea? - Page 8

Yes he stated the word of wisdom, and as members of the church we should always take the commandments, and ponder and pray about them. We all adhere to the letter of the law with the word of wisdom, but finding the meat of the law is another thing, and is done on a personal level with god.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Apr, 2014 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tea Drink Mormons OK It

Having served my mission in Japan I know that barley tea (Mugicha in Japanese) is okay to drink. It was served at church socials and was a staple drink with the missionaries. It is simply roasted barley and nothing else. The taste is strange to a new-comer but is very satisfying once you are use to it.

Also, remember that in the WOW it says.. .

international QUOTE
10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man.. . D&C 89:10

If you cook you herbs (Make a tea-like drink out of it) then how does that make the herb bad? I think most herbal teas are nothing but harmless, if not wholesome herbs ordained for the use of man.

Post Date: 9th Apr, 2014 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Good point Clif, I know a lot of saints in Germany drink a roasted barley and chickory drink called pero and there are other varieties by other name. Postum for example, a coffee substitute, many SLC saints were very upset when post stopped making it.

9th Apr, 2014 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Tea Drink Mormons OK It

Anyone who's served a mission outside of the US knows that when it says "tea" it's referring to the black tea from India, and not any other kinds of herbal tea. What's the principle behind Word of Wisdom? Don't ingest things that are harmful to the body. Herbal tea is not harmful to the body.

+  « First of 8 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: It Is OK For Mormons To Drink Tea?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,