Did Adam have a Belly Button? - Page 3 of 6

[quote]Therefore shall a man leave his father - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th May, 2003 - 4:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
24th Apr, 2003 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Did Adam have a Belly Button? - Page 3

Nephiproject, hope you do not mind, but your quote was moved in order to keep this thread on topic. Your quote goes right in line with the thread on the life of the earth.

The country has a treasure trove of secrets buried beneath its sands and rivers and in the vaults of its ancient libraries.

Yes, sad to say a lot of it was looted ;(

Going back to the topic though, I do hope to find more quotes, references about this topic. As I do I will be sure to post it here.

Sponsored Links:
24th Apr, 2003 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Button Belly have Adam Did

What interesting information that you Nephiproject and JB are given. It makes me want to study more the scriptures and read more about it. Hey, it would be interesting if any of you can open a new thread about Kolob or what the Church leaders thought about solar systems and those kind of stuff.

24th Apr, 2003 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Did Adam have a Belly Button? Studies Doctrine Mormon

[quote]Hey, it would be interesting if any of you can open a new thread about Kolob or what the Church leaders thought about solar systems and those kind of stuff.[/quote]
:spock: You can open it too LDS_forever.

24th Apr, 2003 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Button Belly have Adam Did

[quote]You can open it too LDS_forever. [/quote]

Well, I suggested you all because maybe you know more about the subject than I do ;D

24th Apr, 2003 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Button Belly have Adam Did

Going back to the topic of Adam. I am trying to retrace the endowment in my mind. There are some key things said there that may just give us hints, too bad we cannot discuss this here.

:spock: Maybe we can all make an appointment to meet in the Celestial Room sometime?

[offtopic] [quote] Well, I suggested you all because maybe you know more about the subject than I do[/quote]
Who says we 'know' more? Plus you are a great researcher, so maybe you can jump ahead and look for topics about it and then post it here.[/offtopic]

Post Date: 27th May, 2003 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Did Adam have a Belly Button?
A Friend

The scriptures only say that Adam was created out of the dust of the earth, we are also created out of the dust of the earth.  Brigham Young taught that Adam was created the same way we are.  So he had to have a belly button.  One has to ask themselves how was Adam any different because we do in fact read that we are all created out of the dust of the earth, we know that our parents did not just through some dirt together and create us.  

Something more to think about:

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother and shall cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh"

How did Adam know that a man should leave his father and his mother?  How did he even know what a mother was?  The answer, he had one.  Our heavenly mother is the biological mother of Adam.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2003 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Adam have Belly Button - Page 3

You are right, God uses true science to create miracles.  Or in other words, God uses natural laws to create miracle.  Brigham Young even explained that miracles were just the use of natural laws that we are ignorant about.  Elder Nelson, now one of the 12 used to be a heart surgeon, and in the early days, he was helping to invent the first heart pumping machine.  He gained his inspiration from the part in the Doctrine and Covenants were it says that there was a law decread before the world was.  He figured that if he could learn what those laws were that governed the movement of the heart he could also learn how to make it so those laws can be applied to a machine, which was so, he helped invent the first heart pumping machine, he made his own, and he was the third man in the world to perform open heart surgery.  The Lord uses true science as one means.  We must learn all things, and science is just one aspect of that.  Unfortunatly too many christians have the feeling that science is somehow a work against God, that is not what true science is, true science is learning how God does things, that is what true science is, and there is nothing wrong with that because we are suppose to learn to become gods ourselves.  

I was taught that you can't be saved in the Celestial Kingdom unless you know chemistry, and I know that is true.  According to the Book of Mormon the Holy Ghost gives us to know the truth of all things, it does not just teach us that the Book of Mormon is true, but it teaches us all truth, no matter if that truth is found in the dirt we walk on, the air we breath, or a truth found in chemistry, physics, anatomy, or astronomy.  From the Book of Abraham we learn that Abraham had an interest in astronomy.  

27th May, 2003 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

Did Adam have Belly Button Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

[quote]Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother and shall cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh"

How did Adam know that a man should leave his father and his mother?  How did he even know what a mother was?  The answer, he had one.  Our heavenly mother is the biological mother of Adam. [/quote]

Great scripture Brian T!!! Thanks for sharing that!. smile.gif

[quote]I was taught that you can't be saved in the Celestial Kingdom unless you know chemistry, and I know that is true.  [/quote]

I want to believe that whoever taught you that said it in another context and not literally as you wrote it ;D because with that sense people who are illiterate cannot be saved because they don't even know how to read and write you cannot ask them to know about  chemistry :smile.gif ;D

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Did Adam have a Belly Button?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,