Did Adam have a Belly Button? - Page 5 of 6

I was answering the question: Does Adam have - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Jan, 2004 - 2:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
2nd Jun, 2003 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Did Adam have a Belly Button? - Page 5

[quote]which would suggest He was born from a mortal mother like Adam also?[/quote]
Then that would also imply that you (LDS_forever) are saying that Adam was born of mortal woman? I was more thinking it could be an immortal mother.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jun, 2003 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Button Belly have Adam Did

[quote]Then that would also imply that you (LDS_forever) are saying that Adam was born of mortal woman? I was more thinking it could be an immortal mother. [/quote]

I don't want to go off topic, maybe you would like to open a thread about it?. I didn't express myself properly, sorry about that. But let me answer you quickly, I think he was born of a immortal father and immortal mother (whom were formed mortal father and mortal mother). But if you wanna discuss more about it, like I said open a thread about it and we can discuss it. Okie dokie? ;D

Post Date: 13th Aug, 2003 - 3:28am / Post ID: #

Did Adam have a Belly Button?
A Friend

Did Adam have a Belly Button? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Allow me to add my two cents.  this is what the First Presidency reported...(the official statement of the First Presidency is that "Adam, our progenitor, `the first man,' was, like Christ, a pre-existent spirit, and like Christ he took upon him an appropriate body, the body of a man, and so became a `living soul.' The doctrine of the pre-existence,—revealed so plainly, particularly in latter days, pours a wonderful flood of light upon the otherwise mysterious problem of man's origin. It shows that man, as a spirit, was begotten and born of heavenly parents, and reared to maturity in the eternal mansions of the Father, prior to coming upon the earth in a temporal body to undergo an experience in mortality. It teaches that all men existed in the spirit before any man existed in the flesh, and that all who have inhabited the earth since Adam have taken bodies and become souls in like manner" (Clark, Messages of the First Presidency, 4:205; emphasis added). Be it Adam, Christ, or any other human being, the process of birth is the same)  This would indicate, that Adam and Eve both had Belly buttons!  Although we do not know exactly who their parents were, we read in Moses 6;22, "Adam was the son of God." And in Abr.1;3 "The Firstborn of all earth's inhabitants."  Just my thoughts.

13th Aug, 2003 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Button Belly have Adam Did

...saw that great expanse of nothingness and just poked him and said "goochie", then there was a belly button mark...

spock.gif Sorry?

Message Edited!
Admin: Post deleted! Let us keep it serious here, no off jokes, especially about Heavenly Father!

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2004 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Button Belly have Adam Did

Adam and Eve had a belly button. Gods gave birth to them. That how "humans" are created. To say otherwise denies the truth that a God is: "without parts of passions." Then y'all might as well adopt idol worship or views of catholicism, from the beliefs that God is only spirit. Anyhow, it stands to reason that they were created in this natural way because of their corpreal nature of being "terrestrial", an immortal, which is curious since it opens the door to the Fall.
In summary, Gods make babies too, if they did not, an ethereal body would suffice or even the buddhist idea of "infinite being". But this is not the case. My mission to Thailand got me to understand more about how the world defines a God. Their wrong. God's physical nature has purpose.

25th Jan, 2004 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

Grim, when posting such 'theories' please do include quotes from the GAs and/or scriptures to show your point. Now in comment concerning your post, are you saying that God somehow uses the reproductive process in the same way we do 9including the first stage) in order to have Adam? Are you saying their is a term where Heavenly Mother is involved?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2004 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Did Adam have Belly Button - Page 5

O.K. I have read all of the posts in this thread. Many of them were way to deep for me. Here is what I think though. I think Adam had a belly button. We know "as man now is God once was...", so I believe Heaveny Father has a belly button. Whether Adam's belly button was simply placed on him by Heavenly Father to make him in his exact image or he got it as a result of the creation process, I do not know, but I do believe he had one.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2004 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Adam have Belly Button Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

I was answering the question: Does Adam have a belly button?
Such questions by all means have no relevance toward our salvation. A true point to consider and acknowledge is that where truth is weak, scripture is scarce. These eternal truths are quoted by prophets is many volumes of scripture. One thing to note however is the "eternal truths" mentioned are namely: Creation, Fall and Atonement. The first two have little to do with are salvation, yet they are truths, they did happen, there is no changing it--eternal truths. Since this question seems to deal with the first it seems we can search the scriptures under the topic "Creation". Why not read Moses 6:59
Study it.

That confirms and defines the creation of Adam from dust, as physical birth by blood and water and spirit--God made babies in the "mirror image" manner humans do. You asked if there is a Heavenly Mother? No scripture there. Of course there are people that will point out to you that "fire is HOT" and will always seem to fail to explain to you why "Water is wet." tongue.gif
Think about the purpose of the resurrection. Think of Biology. What is the purpose of a physical body with animals/plants? What defines life? What does it mean God is a "LIVING GOD"?

interesting topic.

grim.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Did Adam have a Belly Button?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,