Did Adam have a Belly Button? - Page 2 of 6

The 'dust of the earth' in Hebrew and Sumerian - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Apr, 2003 - 2:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
24th Jan, 2003 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Did Adam have a Belly Button? - Page 2

I don't have the patience to sit and read all of these long posts but I get the general idea.  I agree with nepiproject about the Bible as being a sum up and who knows how many other books are missing from it and I also believe that God uses science to create miracles etc... 

I partially agree with your posting but I don't think God uses science to create miracles. Look at the example of the first clone baby, do you think that God gave the scientists this gift to create a human being?. Paradoxically, they named the little girl 'Eve' and they scientist who was responsible for it has stated 'I have created life!'.
I know that God is perfect and has far more knowledge of scientific things than any scientist on earth could hope to imagine, so why wouldn't he use it.  Just because we don't understand it.  It is a mystery but mysteries can be revealed.  That is what a mystery is something not yet revealed not something that unexplainable thing that will never be revealed. 

He would not use it because he doesn't have the need to. He's God, come on!. What he would want to use a mathematical or chemical formula to be able to permorm a miracle?? He doesn't need to do that. He's the creator of ALL things, ALL things obey him if he just command it too. I don't see any mystery about all this, I think all those who cannot comprehend the magnitute of His power, they try to rationalize it in a human way of thinking but I don't see any mystery to be resolved in here.
I don't think ANY scientist or person can understand fully the power that God has.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2003 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Did Adam have a Belly Button?
A Friend

Button Belly have Adam Did

Why wouldn't God use mathematics and chemicals and such? He is the one who created them.  He is indeed in command of all of the elements and has a knowledge of their properties and how to use them.  I'm not suggesting that he is in a lab whipping up strange chemical potions or anything.  I'm just saying that he is also a God of logic and uses the matter that has always existed to create and mold and make, I don't think he is making stuff out of nothing.  I believe that God can also inspire men of science to learn how to do some of these things for the benefit of mankind, unfortunately men will also use it for the destruction of man.  I believe that there is an explanation to every act of God that can be revealed but that they are not because we as humans cannot even begin to comprehend the methods he uses.  We are not ready to understand.    

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2003 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Adam have a Belly Button? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Also not all men are inspired by God.  I believe that men will often stumble on a discovery such as cloning, and misuse the power and knowledge they have discovered and play God themselves instead of just appreciating the discovery and leaving it alone.  
I'm not trying to humanize God in anyway but God is trying  to deify us and isn't part of becoming like God learning and understanding his mysteries?  I believe that at some point God allows man to discover his mysteries so that those he can be verified even more.  It's just more of a testimony to me.  Scientists are just barely figuring out what God already knows.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2003 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Button Belly have Adam Did

I happened to be reading the President Brigham Young in the Presidents of the Church Priesthood Manual and found this interesting statement:
"Here let me state to all philosophers of every class upon the earth, when you tell me that Father Adam was made as we make adobes from the earth, you tell me what I deem an idle tale. When you tell me that the beasts of the field were produced in that manner, you are speaking idle words devoid of meaning. There is no such thing in all the eternities where the Gods dwell. Mankind are here because they are the offspring of parents who were first brought here from another planet, and power was given them to propagate their species, and they were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth. 7:285-286.
Discourses of Brigham Young, p.105
So Pres. Brigham Young seems to agree that we are offspring of parents brought here from another planet. Zecharia Sitchin's interpretation of Genesis in the light of ancient Sumerian tablet texts seems to make more sense all the time.  

23rd Apr, 2003 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Button Belly have Adam Did

Wow, I missed a lot on these threads, haven't looked at it for awhile. For the earlier posts... I believe God uses higher laws or let's say higher knowledge that enables to do things beyond our current understanding. I guess if anyone of us went to a primative society and whipped out a cell, typed on our laptop, use two asprins to sure a headache, etc. we would also be seen as a 'god' by that same society. I believe God's 'cellphone' and 'asprin' is way beyond our understanding... didn't he say something like our thoughts are not His and our ways not His ways. A lot of the Christian Science groups believe like this too.

Interesting point nephiproject, so then what are we saying... an Adam and an Eve were used to create Adam?  Does the words 'dust of the earth' only hold symbolism? Those wanting to believe the 'alien fatherhood theory' would be excited about this (no, I am not being sarcastic, genuinely, they would be)

The other place we need to go is why the Church uses the Discourses at certain times in institute manuals and other related literature but at the same time will not say it is official works of the Church? Were they to do that then a whole new world would be opened up.

23rd Apr, 2003 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

[quote]"Here let me state to all philosophers of every class upon the earth, when you tell me that Father Adam was made as we make adobes from the earth, you tell me what I deem an idle tale. When you tell me that the beasts of the field were produced in that manner, you are speaking idle words devoid of meaning. There is no such thing in all the eternities where the Gods dwell. Mankind are here because they are the offspring of parents who were first brought here from another planet, and power was given them to propagate their species, and they were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth. 7:285-286.
Discourses of Brigham Young, p.105 [/quote]

Wow Nephiproject, thanks for sharing this quote in here!. I was very impressed and yes surprised by those statements of Brigham Young. It is very very interesting, do you have the actual book or just this quote?.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Apr, 2003 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Did Adam have Belly Button - Page 2

LDS_forever, I think this link below will give some more insight. Here are some other interesting quotes:

Joseph F. Smith, Deseret Evening News, Dec. 27, 1913, Sec. 3, p. 7. The Son, Jesus Christ, grew and developed into manhood the same as you or I, as likewise did God, His Father, grow and develop to the Supreme Being that He now is. Man was born of woman; Christ, the Savior, was born of woman, and God, the Father, was born of woman. Adam, our earthly parent, was also born of woman into this world, the same as Jesus and you and I.

This one about the creation of Christ earthly body is interesting too:

Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, 4:217-218. [Emphasis added.] Thus you may continue and trace the human family back to Adam and Eve, and ask, "are we of the same species with Adam and Eve?" Yes, every person acknowledges this; this comes within the scope of our understanding. But when we arrive at that point, a vail [sic] is dropt, and our knowledge is cut off. Were it not so, you could trace back your history to the Father of our spirits in the eternal world. He is a being of the species as ourselves; He lives as we do, except the difference that we are earthly, and He is heavenly. He has been earthly, and is of precisely the same species of being that we are.... Things were first created spiritually; the Father actually begat the spirits, and they were brought forth and lived with Him. Then He commenced the work of creating earthly tabernacles, precisely as He had been created in this flesh Himself, by partaking of the coarse material that was organized and composed this earth, until His system was charged with it, consequently the tabernacles of His children were organized from the coarse materials of this earth. When the time came that His first-born, the Saviour, should come into the world and take a tabernacle, the Father came Himself and favoured that spirit with a tabernacle instead of letting any other man do it. The Saviour was begotten by the Father of His spirit, by the same Being who is the Father of our spirits, and that is all the organic difference between Jesus Christ and you and me.

Brigham Young, JD 11:122. I believe that the declaration made in these two scriptures is literally true. God has made His children like Himself to stand erect, and has endowed them with intelligence and power and dominion over all His works and given them the same attributes which He Himself possesses. He created man, as we create our children; for there is no other process of creation in heaven, on the earth, in the earth, or under the earth, or in all the eternities, that is, that were, or that will ever be.

https://www.byui.edu/Ricks/employee/MARROTT...lOfSalvOvrv.htm

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2003 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Did Adam have Belly Button Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

The 'dust of the earth' in Hebrew and Sumerian and Akkadian means 'clay vessel' as I have understood it. Clay is a perfect physical material in which to create life from a fertilized egg or germinating plant etc. Nutrient rich - protected - so I don't think it was meant to be symbolic but unless one has read the fuller record of the creation of the 'Adapa' or 'Adam' in the Enuma Elish in the original language in which it was written, the English rendition could easily throw us off track.  Zecharia Sitchin has done an admirable job of tracing many an obscure phraseology from the Bible and casting light on them from older texts that clarify their meanings in the Bible.  

The Brigham Young Quote is directly from my old Priesthood Manual that we used in the Elders quorum in the Presidents Of the Church Series.

By the way, a few weeks ago, I also happened to run across a discourse of Joseph Smith Jr. himself on the nature of our Solar system etc and in it he states that there is a large planet (larger than the earth) that acts like a comet in that  it has an elliptical orbit that takes it through our solar system intersecting with planets and disturbing them (causing earthquakes, massive tidal waves) from time to time, including ours. Zecharia Sitchin in his 1976 Book called the Twelfth Planet explains in great detail how this planet was known very well in the Sumerian Astronomer Priest class.  The planet used to  be called Nibiru which in sumerian means 'crossing'.  I'll have to dig up that quote again from JS and post it here.  In many ways, I'm happy that Iraq will be opened up again for archaeological digs and research. The country has a treasure trove of secrets buried beneath its sands and rivers and in the vaults of its ancient libraries.  Perhaps more detailed information  
about the knowledge of the Astronomer-Priest class will be uncovered. I for one will be keeping my eyes peeled for news about these matters in the coming years.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Did Adam have a Belly Button?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,