Elizabeth Smart - Page 3 of 11

QUOTE This case demonstrated that they are - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Nov, 2003 - 8:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »
Elizabeth Smart Case
Criminal - Brian David Mitchell
10th Apr, 2003 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Elizabeth Smart - Page 3

When I read weeks ago that the parents of Elizabeth hired a hollywood agent to agree to make a book and a movie out of the story of their daughter I was shocked but I do understand why they're doing all this, they want to have control over what it's going to be written and put on TV but they're naive to think that there will not be more movies or books about it just because they have the rights and sign a contract...
For me, even though I understand why they're doing it, it's unwise and a dangerous game that it's not going to help in any way to the recovery of Elizabeth, the media is way to big for them to try to control.
They will be making more than 1 million dollars out of it also...sad.gif

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
4th May, 2003 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Smart Elizabeth

Won't they leave this girl alone?

From Deseret News:

LOCAL COPS GET BLAME
Law enforcement officers in four agencies leaked information and rumor about
Elizabeth Smart's kidnapping investigation, and an attorney for the family on
Friday asked the area's top cops to get to the bottom of it.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...33023%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

6th Jun, 2003 - 7:59am / Post ID: #

Elizabeth Smart History & Civil Business Politics

I have never seen a case followed up so much.

From Deseret News:

ELIZABETH -; ONE YEAR LATER
Elizabeth Smart answered the door to her family's Salt Lake City home Wednesday
morning much like she might have done last June 4.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...38027%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

1st Nov, 2003 - 9:23am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Smart Elizabeth

Its good to know she is getting 'back to nomal' or should I say able to 'deal with it' since most say you never forget but instead learn to deal with a traumatic experience.

SMARTS: ELIZABETH BACK TO DOING TEENAGER THINGS
In a much-publicized case, Utah teenager Elizabeth Smart was reunited with her
family in March, nine months after being kidnapped from her home. While her
alleged abductors, Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Ilene Barzee, await trial in
Salt Lake City, Elizabeth is returning to normalcy, according to her parents,
Ed and Lois Smart. "I think she's very age-appropriate," Lois Smart says. "I
mean, she's interested in dating and being with friends and talking on the
telephone and, you know, doing all the things a teenager wants to do."

1st Nov, 2003 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Smart Elizabeth

Those are great news about Elizabeth! although I'm sure she's doing some kind of therapy to deal with everything she went through. I'm a bit concern about her when the trial starts...will she testify? I heard the parents do not want her to do it.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2003 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Elizabeth Smart
A Friend

Elizabeth Smart

Elizabeth Smart

Now I haven't followed this story from start to finish, and I will freely admit that I do not know all the details but can anyone tell me exactly what is so special about this girl. Don't get me wrong I feel for her and I don't think that any child should go through the horror of being abducted, yet the sad truth remains that dozens of children get abducted each day.

How many abductions do we even hear about? And of those how many get book deals, made for TV movies, etc.

An upper class white family becoming the center of media when they little girl is abducted, what are the odds.

Here's an idea, take all the money it took to produce that movie and publish those books and put it into finding another missing child.

Edited : Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section and that there was a topic about this already.

More Info

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Nov, 2003 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Elizabeth Smart - Page 3

I think what is special is that we rarely have a child abducted by a stranger while they are sleeping in there bed.  Then on top of that how often does one get recovered alive after so many months?  Just about never.

We have all been conditioned to believe that if we teach our children to never speak to strangers they will be safe from abduction.  This case demonstrated that they are never safe, even while lying in their own beds.

The fact that she was found "safe" after such a long time gives hope to all, especially to those with loved ones of their own that have disappeared, that maybe others will be found as well.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

12th Nov, 2003 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Elizabeth Smart Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

This case demonstrated that they are never safe, even while lying in their own beds.

Yes, that is so true. Sometimes many are relaxed with their boy children thinking they are somehow 'safer', but they are equally in danger because of the sickos out there. Often I have found that predators can be the 'nicest' people, so really you have to be careful of all that comes in contact with our children.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Elizabeth Smart

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,