Elizabeth Smart - Page 3 of 11

QUOTE This case demonstrated that they are - Page 3 - Laws, Security, Justice - Posted: 12th Nov, 2003 - 8:05pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 4 19 107 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »
Elizabeth Smart Case
Criminal - Brian David Mitchell
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2003 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,351
Avg: 3.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 98.5%
[+] Gain: 989.96 FP
Charm: 334

Elizabeth Smart - Page 3

When I read weeks ago that the parents of Elizabeth hired a hollywood agent to agree to make a book and a movie out of the story of their daughter I was shocked but I do understand why they're doing all this, they want to have control over what it's going to be written and put on TV but they're naive to think that there will not be more movies or books about it just because they have the rights and sign a contract...
For me, even though I understand why they're doing it, it's unwise and a dangerous game that it's not going to help in any way to the recovery of Elizabeth, the media is way to big for them to try to control.
They will be making more than 1 million dollars out of it also...:(

Investigation Level: Police Chief / Criminal Law Participation: 1521 LawLawyerPolice Chief 90%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th May, 2003 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,950
Avg: 8.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,475.32 FP
Charm: 330

Smart Elizabeth

Won't they leave this girl alone?

From Deseret News:

LOCAL COPS GET BLAME
Law enforcement officers in four agencies leaked information and rumor about
Elizabeth Smart's kidnapping investigation, and an attorney for the family on
Friday asked the area's top cops to get to the bottom of it.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...33023%2C00.html

Investigation Level: Police Chief / Criminal Law Participation: 1235 LawLawyerPolice Chief 90%

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2003 - 7:59am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Elizabeth Smart Justice & Security Laws

I have never seen a case followed up so much.

From Deseret News:

ELIZABETH -; ONE YEAR LATER
Elizabeth Smart answered the door to her family's Salt Lake City home Wednesday
morning much like she might have done last June 4.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...38027%2C00.html

Investigation Level: Police Chief / Criminal Law Participation: 1235 LawLawyerPolice Chief 90%

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2003 - 9:23am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Page 3 Smart Elizabeth

Its good to know she is getting 'back to nomal' or should I say able to 'deal with it' since most say you never forget but instead learn to deal with a traumatic experience.

SMARTS: ELIZABETH BACK TO DOING TEENAGER THINGS
In a much-publicized case, Utah teenager Elizabeth Smart was reunited with her
family in March, nine months after being kidnapped from her home. While her
alleged abductors, Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Ilene Barzee, await trial in
Salt Lake City, Elizabeth is returning to normalcy, according to her parents,
Ed and Lois Smart. "I think she's very age-appropriate," Lois Smart says. "I
mean, she's interested in dating and being with friends and talking on the
telephone and, you know, doing all the things a teenager wants to do."

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2003 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,351
Avg: 3.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 98.5%
[+] Gain: 989.96 FP
Charm: 334

Smart Elizabeth

Those are great news about Elizabeth! although I'm sure she's doing some kind of therapy to deal with everything she went through. I'm a bit concern about her when the trial starts...will she testify? I heard the parents do not want her to do it.

Investigation Level: Police Chief / Criminal Law Participation: 1521 LawLawyerPolice Chief 90%

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2003 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Xtrasweetgirl
Elizabeth Smart
A Friend

Elizabeth Smart

Elizabeth Smart

Now I haven't followed this story from start to finish, and I will freely admit that I do not know all the details but can anyone tell me exactly what is so special about this girl. Don't get me wrong I feel for her and I don't think that any child should go through the horror of being abducted, yet the sad truth remains that dozens of children get abducted each day.

How many abductions do we even hear about? And of those how many get book deals, made for TV movies, etc.

An upper class white family becoming the center of media when they little girl is abducted, what are the odds.

Here's an idea, take all the money it took to produce that movie and publish those books and put it into finding another missing child.

Edited : Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong section and that there was a topic about this already.

More Info

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2003 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + G.I. Jane
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 21.1%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 182

Page 3 Elizabeth Smart

I think what is special is that we rarely have a child abducted by a stranger while they are sleeping in there bed.  Then on top of that how often does one get recovered alive after so many months?  Just about never.

We have all been conditioned to believe that if we teach our children to never speak to strangers they will be safe from abduction.  This case demonstrated that they are never safe, even while lying in their own beds.

The fact that she was found "safe" after such a long time gives hope to all, especially to those with loved ones of their own that have disappeared, that maybe others will be found as well.

Investigation Level: Warden / Criminal Law Participation: 94 LawLawyerWarden 9.4%

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2003 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Elizabeth Smart - Page 3

This case demonstrated that they are never safe, even while lying in their own beds.

Yes, that is so true. Sometimes many are relaxed with their boy children thinking they are somehow 'safer', but they are equally in danger because of the sickos out there. Often I have found that predators can be the 'nicest' people, so really you have to be careful of all that comes in contact with our children.

Post Date: Sun Feb 25, 2018 - 2:07:02 GMT / Post ID: #

History

A pause from Elizabeth Smart to share wisdom from antiquity:
HistoricToday is: 25th February (GMT), in history on the 25th of February, 1910 AD the following birth happened:
Millicent Fenwick: NYC, New York -- (Rep-R-New Jersey 1975-82) (Doonesbury)

Guest please SHARE: "Elizabeth Smart" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »
Sponsored Links:

If you have input into "Elizabeth Smart" do not be shy, give your input
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Elizabeth Smart

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Law Topics

Current Law & Order Discussion from our Community:

Highlights

Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By News 1.7 Day(s) Ago
Bulletproof Backpacks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Chaser 2.8 Days Ago
Nikolas Cruz: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Vex 2.9 Days Ago
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 3.4 Days Ago
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:03am
Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By Opinion 17th Jan, 2018 - 5:29pm
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Pagan 1st Jan, 2018 - 3:45am
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm
A Science Fiction Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By LitRPG 16th Nov, 2017 - 12:42pm
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am
Offensive Trademarks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm
The 9.11 Conspiracy: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 22nd Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm

Updated every: 14 minutes