Elizabeth Smart - Page 4 of 11

Name: Ashlynn Comments: This is honestly one - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Oct, 2008 - 6:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »
Elizabeth Smart Case
Criminal - Brian David Mitchell
2nd Dec, 2003 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Elizabeth Smart - Page 4

I would imagine she will have no choice but to testify. This is a tough one. If she doesn't testify, I think he might not get convicted. Yet, if she does testify, the defense attorney is likely to try to protray her as something other than a victim. One thing though, if she testifies and he is convicted, it might help her to feel empowered knowing she helped to put these people behind bars.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

Sponsored Links:
31st Dec, 2004 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Smart Elizabeth

I read that a NY production company will start running a 'satire' of the Elizabeth Smart's case, of course, they will not mention her name but the story is very similar and they will focus on the effect on the Media rather than the case itself. Of course, the parents of the girl are so angry. I wonder who could be sick enough of making a 'satire' of something so terrible??!!!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

9th Apr, 2004 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

Elizabeth Smart History & Civil Business Politics

I was wondering... what is the latest update with this... is everything back to 'normal' as it can be or is she still being pursued by the press and other freaks? Did they really begin a movie production over this?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Feb, 2005 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Smart Elizabeth

I do not think this guy is mentally stable....at the same time, it seems like for the law he is although so far all that he does is singing!

Drifter accused of kidnapping sings in court

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) -- The drifter and self-proclaimed prophet accused of kidnapping Elizabeth Smart was removed from his competency hearing Wednesday for singing a religious song -- the third time he has done that in court in recent months.

Brian David Mitchell, 51, and his wife, Wanda Barzee, 59, are charged with kidnapping, sexual assault and burglary counts in the 2002 abduction of the Utah teenager. The competency hearing continued without him.

Last month, Judge Judith Atherton delayed his hearing after Mitchell began singing "Repent for the kingdom of Heaven's at hand."

Atherton ordered the competency hearings after Mitchell sang a Christmas hymn during a court appearance in December...

Read More...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 21st May, 2008 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Smart Elizabeth

Elizabeth Smart hopes to aid victims

She offers advice in survivor's guide pamphlet

In other words, Smart is like almost every college-aged woman in Utah. She is a survivor and shows no sign of being scarred from her long abduction.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700227525,00.html

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2008 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Elizabeth Smart

Judge denies request to forcibly medicate Elizabeth Smart kidnapper

A judge has denied a petition to forcibly medicate accused Elizabeth Smart kidnapper Brian David Mitchell.
Because of Thursday's decision, federal prosecutors, who had an indictment returned against Mitchell earlier this year, may step in and move Mitchell in to the federal court system.
Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Oct, 2008 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Elizabeth Smart - Page 4

Interesting. This only the second hearing Utah has ever had for court ordered meds? We have them in Alaska all the time. We cannot even keep someone hospitalized unless they are gravely disabled or a danger to themself or others. Even then we have to prove that they can be helped and their condition improved by continued hospitalization. That cannot happen without medication.

If they are found incompetent to stand trial they are either hospitalized or released into the community. From what I have read about the Smart case, this guy would go after Elizabeth Smart if he were released. That makes him a danger to others. I don't know a lot about Utah mental health laws but it seems they need some tweaking if they cannot even medicate someone who obviously needs it.

If they cannot keep him hospitalized then they need to lock him up in jail. Then you are treading on constitutional rights if he cannot stand trial.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2008 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Elizabeth Smart Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Name: Ashlynn

Comments: This is honestly one of the most heart-wrenching things I've ever heard. I remember actually praying for Elizabeth to be found and be safely brought back home, but it's true that she won't be totally like herself anytime soon. No one knows what horrors she had to go through when she was missing. It must truly be horrible for her family. God Bless Elizabeth and the rest of the Smart family.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Elizabeth Smart

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,