Topic Ads & Block Ads

Topic Ads Block Ads - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 1st May, 2006 - 3:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Feedback on the Ads in this Community
3rd Jan, 2006 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

Topic Ads & Block Ads

Topic Ads & Block Ads

First of all, this thread is different from the thread located in the Upgraded section called, "Banner Ads", which refers to the ads seen at the very top of every page just under the menu. Within this thread we will be discussing the ads that appear in between messages within a thread. Sometimes they appear as Google ads or our own in house ads. Here are some questions for feedback:

1. Do the ads distract you or do you not even notice them at all?
2. How likely are you to read one of these ads between (1-10) with 10 being most likely?
3. Does the ad's color co-ordination with the Skin make it look like part of the message?
4. How likely would you want to Upgrade your Membership if you knew that it would remove these ads from in between the messages?

UPDATE: I'm including our recent Block Ads here as well.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jan, 2006 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

Ads Block and Ads Topic

I have seen only one or two that I would say have really distracted me at all. The one that comes to mind is a rather large square add. I can't remember what it was exactly now but it seemed larger than most and seemed to be a brighter array of colors.

2. How likely are you to read one of these ads between (1-10) with 10 being most likely?
I do actually read the titles on them a lot of the time. I am even guilty of clicking on one of them.(Testing of the PS3 add I believe)

3. Does the ad's color co-ordination with the Skin make it look like part of the message?
Some of the smaller text Google adds in some cases do seem to blend a lot with the medieval scheme a little bit. Mostly because it is on a darker brown background I guess. Not that it doesn't look nice but it doesn't accent the ads much. *Suggestion: Maybe a something with a greenish tent to it, still dark and with a brown content, but it should look nice as well as give it more depth.

4. How likely would you want to Upgrade your Membership if you knew that it would remove these ads from in between the messages?
Personally I do not believe that if they are there or not make a lot of difference in the use and appeal of the community. Even an upgraded member might find something they would like to read about or look over on one of these ads. I do myself anyway.

Rather off topic, but...
Are a number of these ads affiliate programs of sorts? If they are any upgraded member can understand that income other than contributions helps to keep the price of upgraded membership down. This is always something that I consider myself.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2006 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Topic Ads & Block Ads
A Friend

Topic Ads & Block Ads Feedback & FAQ News Community

I have never been distracted. But I notice them, and take not of them as I scroll down. I have been using the internet so long that my eyes go to them briefly by habit.
I am to curious for my own good. If I glance and don't recognize it, the chances are close to 10 that I will read it.
Not to me, it looks like an ad, no matter how pretty. But wouldn't making it look like part of the message make it less likely to be noticed?
Don't know, Don't Care. Ads are a part of every forum and website. I except them as something that goes with the territory. Google has nearly perfected advertising without annoying the heck out of users like my self. My donation and upgrades in the future will not be influenced one way or the other by the ads.

4th Jan, 2006 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Ads Block and Ads Topic

No the ads don't distract me, I glance at them occasionally, but I can't think of any that I have actually clicked on.

I am somewhere between 2 and 3. If one is advertising something I'm interested in, such as the RPG ones, I may take the time to read it.

I don't think so, I've never found myself "accidently" reading an ad.

It would have no bearing on the matter, the ads are small and unobtrusive, which I appreciate and can accept.

Reconcile Edited: Tastanagee on 4th Jan, 2006 - 4:55pm

6th Jan, 2006 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Ads Block and Ads Topic

I am surprised that the ads do not distract you good people as I know there are those who get irritated easily by it. I never liked having ads, and only did so to fill the void from lack of continuous participation within the Community. As for the color, they are supposed to blend in with the posts and not stand out. Yes, I know it seems counter productive, but cosmetics is always a big issue for me and so I do not want an ad being overly highlighted to the point that it stands out like a sore thumb.

On another note I have been considering just using two concentrated ad bursts between posts rather than three so that the scrolling will not be as long.

6th Jan, 2006 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Topic Ads & Block Ads

Since the ads aren't popups, they don't bother me. I recognize that they are there, and even occasionally read them. I guess that I am so used to ads being part of everything, that they are just minor noise now.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Mar, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Topic Ads & Block Ads

Recently, we have been working with the idea of making the Topic Ads more in tune with the Community when it is not covered by Adsense. You may have noticed various colorful, funny or intriguing ads depending on your Membership Status: regular Members see certain types of ads and Upgraded Members see others. These ads generally point towards our web design services or Secret Boards available only to Upgraded Members as an incentive to Upgrade. What do you think about these? Do they bother you, do you find yourself curious enough to click on them?

1st May, 2006 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Topic Ads & Block Ads Community News FAQ & Feedback

Of recent I have been playing around with the larger box ad rather than the banner sized one. Does the box ad entice you more or does it just simply make you scroll pass it faster?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Topic Ads & Block Ads

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,