[Medieval] Living Night - Page 4 of 5

Liete says, "We should inspect the body - Page 4 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2003 - 8:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
24th Oct, 2003 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Leirsgrios replies, "Yes, we believe that these bats are biting the animals and causing them to go mad."

Omega says, "Mr. Smith do you possibly know of any place in town we could acquire something very flamibal and explosive, so we could engulf that cave in flames?"

Mr. Smith looks at you with a funny expression and says, "Now I reckon you have not any camping days? Or maybe did a few dirty tricks in your youth? Well let's see. Oil is a good long burner, but if it were me I would probably build a large fire at the entrance of the cave, just enough to get all the smoke going within."

Then with hand raised in the air and finger extended to make a point he continues... "Make sure that you keep that fire really hot and big so those vamps don't be a coming out from the smoke. I mean that fire has to be really going!"

He then puts down his hand and says, "Hmmmmm... maybe if you put some wood in the cave, it might help, but if it is a high cieling then I be guessing that you will need to rely on the thick smoke to kill them. Oil should do the trick, but it be really expensive."

GM: Say what you will do now. It is 3:00pm.

Sponsored Links:
25th Oct, 2003 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Night Living Medieval

The Game Master says...

Liete says, "We can get oil easily enough, but wood, we will need wood.  It would take too long to cut down a tree and the wood would probably be too wet."

She turns to Mr. Smith and Liete suggests to the farmer about using some of his wood as well as a wagon and horse to haul it into the forest. Mr. Smith looks at you strangely and explains that he finds it odd that you would want to use his wood here when you could just gather dead branches sufficient near the cave, then he asks, "It's near or in the forest right?" He then continues to say, "You know there be no roads to where you described?"

Feeling a bit confussed at your own sugestion you then tell Mr. Smith that you will be back after a quick run into the Village.  Omega shops for some items while trying to haggle unsuccessfully and hearing the reply, "I don't know you lad." Omega is disappointed, but not as disappointed as when he sees Jonas begin to look faint.

Jonas says, "I feel sick, I believe I have caught some kind of cold. I have had it for sometime now, but did not want to say anything that might hinder our progress, but I believe I will have to quit for now." Jonas heads to his home as you bid him health.

You head back to the farm.

GM: Say what you will do now. It is 4:30pm. Jonas is out of the party.

27th Oct, 2003 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Back at the Farm

You have walked a lot today, this added with not such good sleep makes you feel a bit uncomfortable. You tell Mr. Smith your plans and then immediately begin them.

The party goes in groups of two looking for twigs, however they don't go too far from each other.  It is not hard to find twigs and Omega thinks looking for branches would be even better, so you also gather branches both green and dry for your pile. Your plan was to stay until sun down. By 6:30 you have collected a fair amound of dead wood and piled it up near the cave. Around this time you notice that bats are starting to come out the cave first one by one, then by twos and threes and tens, hundreds, etc.

You become very cautious and head back to the farm where you prepare for the night, Omega then goes out and ties the dog to the NE corner of the chicken fence. Omega sits at the NW corner of the barn and Leirsgrios chooses to be 10 feet to his right on the North side of the barn.  Omega watches West, NorthWest and his dog that is several feet away from him while Leirsgrios is watching North and Northeast and East. Liete will be 5 feet to the left of Omega on the West side of the barn watching West, Southwest and Northwest.  Everyone gets their weapons ready incase of attack. Eneyla is up in the hayloft with her bow overlooking the field.  She is watching the field intently watching for any signs of movement.  

You each take turns watching through the night, this makes everyone crancky. The night comes quickly. The dog barks occassionally, but not in a fashion as the last. You always seem to keep one eye open no matter how tired you are. You hope to not meet a bear or pack of wolves, you would much rather the warmth of your own cloak and hay.

The sun breaks and nothing happens during the night to your relief. Breakfast is given to you by Mr. Smith's children. They then go about the duties of the farm.

Later... after eatting you hear word from one of the children about a farmer in the area that lost some livestock due to some creature of the night. You look at each other's eyes for reaction.

GM: Say what you will do now.

28th Oct, 2003 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Night Living Medieval

The Game Master says...

After hearing about the deaths of another farmer's livestock, the group has decided that this will be the last day the bats infect any more animals.

Liete says, "I think we better take care of this problem by heading to the cave and setting the fire to burn.  Let's put these creatures to rest permanently!"

Enelya nods in agreement and says, "Yes, let's rid these farmers of this trouble."

Leirsgrios says, "But we have not rested very well last night.  Should we not rest until almost noon and then head to the cave?"

Omega says, "I agree that we should try to rest.  I will ask Mr. Smith if it is possible for him to wake us around noon and then we will head over to the cave."

Liete and Enelya reluctantly agree.

The farmer awakes you. The sun is very hot so it is easy to awake. After resting until noon, the party takes their flasks of oil, torches, flint, and Liete's blanket and of course their weapons and head to the cave.

After a healthy walk through what seems to be very familiar forest now you reach the cave and begin to search around for even more wood.  Your pile from the previous day is still intact and Omega sums up that no one ventures through this area often.

Omega pours one flask of oil on the ground just inside the cave where they will begin to pile the twigs and tree branches just inside the opening of the cave, after the first few layers Omega pours another flask of oil on the wood.  Half way thru the pile, Omega pours another flask of oil on the wood.  The group will then proceed to pile as much of the tree limbs and twigs into the cave as they can possibily fit. You now have a lot of branches, twigs and logs as you can find.

You leave enough small holes in the wood so that you can push the smoke to the other side with the blanket and so the fire can get enough oxygen, but small enough that the bats can't get through. Omega, in ritualistic fashion once again pours another flask of oil on the wood and use a flint to light one of the torches. With the torch lit Omega sets the pile alight!

As the twigs begin to crack under the heat you see smoke beginning to rise from the oil and wood. You keep on gathering pieces of old bark, twigs and branches so as to keep the fire ablaze. Omega uses the blanket to fan the smoke towards the inside of the cave rather than have it outside.

You begin to hear fluttering and the strong squeals, the bats are beginning to suffocate. The noise is now getting very strong and you begin to step back a bit. One or two bats manage to squeeze through some of the branches as you hear some flesh of others being charred.  

Leirsgrios says, "We should be prepared in case some of the bats try to escape the cave thru the fire."

Enelya agrees that she will have her bow ready to shoot any of the bats that come thru the flames.  Leirsgrios and Liete keep adding wood to the fire when needed.

The smoke is now fulling the cave, so much so that you can see that it is starting to come bak out. You do not see any signs of bats, but you do become worried about the intensity of the fire which may start to catch other debris in the surrounding area.

GM: Say what you will do now.

29th Oct, 2003 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

Night Living Medieval

The Game Master says...

Panic sets in. Liete looks down and sees that there is a high risk of setting the surrounding area on fire.  She turns to Leirsgrios and says, "Don't put any more wood on that fire.  Quick, take your  weapon and rake away all the dried leaves and brances away from the mouth of the cave then grab the pile of extra wood and move it farther away from the cave."  She then turns to Omega and says, "Keep fanning to keep the embers flowing inside the cave."    

Leirsgrios says, "Alright, lets clear everything back as far as we can."  

Their old camping skills should of told them to do this, but their eagerness to kill the bats made them forget. Both Leirsgrios and Liete get on the ground with their swords and hands and start raking the dirt, pulling all the dead leaves and twigs back. First clearing everything 5 feet from the entrance then working on clearing everything to be 10 feet away.

They make sure there is nothing that can catch fire.  If there are any hanging tree brances near the entrance of the cave, Liete will take her two handed sword and cut the branch and move it away from the mouth of the cave.  

Omega says to Eneyla, "Keep an eye our for those stray bats, tell us if ya see them and shoot it if ya can." Eneyla looks, but sees nothing save for the birds that normally fly at this hour of the day.

Omega fans the smoke and embers into the cave as Liete and Leirsgrios rake the leaves and dried twigs away.  Omega is also listening for any squeels as an indication that they are still alive, but hears nothing but the burning and crackling of the wood.

Omega says, "Once we are sure all the bats are dead we can smother the entrance of this cave with the blanket and cut off oxygen to the fire."  Mumbles under his breath, "I wish I had an Ice Spell right about now....."  

Eneyla looks around intently with her bow drawn ready to fire at a bat.  She is slowly prowling around the area saying, "Here batty, batty!" She sees nothing.

After what seems to be an hour of time you see that your fire is starting to out. The area around the entrance to the cave is charred. You do not see or hear of any bats and assume that they must all be dead. The cave is still full of smoke though and it will be awhile before it can be cleared. You choose to wait as well as smother the area with dirt and stone to make sure that the fire does not light up again.

You stand at the mouth of the cave and peer in carefully. The smell is that of bat steaks. It is gruesome really because there were so many of them. The smoke hurts your eyes a bit as some of it is trapped in the cieling. You do not know if you should go in further or wait some more or if you should even bother with this cave anymore.

GM: Say what you will do now?

30th Oct, 2003 - 10:16am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night

The Game Master says...

Liete sees that with the putrid smell of roasted bat and smoke there is no way they can enter the cave at the moment. Liete says, "Lets come back to the cave later and while we're waiting for the smoke to clear, we could go back to Mr. Smith's farmer and ask him directions to the other farmer that had his livestock attacked during the night.  Lets go and talk to that farmer... look around a bit and then come back to the cave again and inspect it completely.  I'm pretty sure those few bats, could possibly come back to this cave again after everything settles down, but before we leave the cave let us double check to make sure the fire is completely out.  I don't want to be responsible for starting a forest fire."

Everyone nods in agreement.

Leirsgrios says, "I wonder if there are any more of these types of caves... anyways, lets get going."

After checking to make sure the fire is out they head back to the farmers home.  When there Omega reports the events at the cave to Mr. Smith and asks directions to the Farmers house that got his livestock attacked last night.

"Fantastic!" exclaims Mr. Smith who is glad that the creatures of the night are no more. He is glad that you are going to visit the other farmer, because you can witness to him all that you have done. He even recommends that you visit not just the one he is sending you to, but all the neighboring farms and their owners. He draws you a tiny map to show you where all are.

You travel to the next farm and meet with the farmer and his family. He is very interested in what you have to say since he cares much about his livestock and the life of his family.

"What can I do for you?" says Farmer Clybeck.

GM: Say what you will do now? Time: 10:00am.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Oct, 2003 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Omega says, "We are here because we heard some of your lifestock we attacked."  

The farmer is shocked! "You attacked them?!"

Omega then realizes his fumble and says, "I mean your livestock was attacked!"

He then goes on to tell the farmer of the theory of the bats biting the forest animals which has been turning them mad to attack the livestock. He also goes on to tell him that they believe that they have destroyed all of the bats in a nearby cave by making a fire and that when the smoke settles we will go in to make sure they are all dead.

Leirsgrios then says, "Could we look around your farm for any animal tracks or signs of disturbance?"

To which the farmer replies while gesturing to Omega, "Sure so long as you do not attack them!" He then holds his belly and laughs in an irritating way.

You look around, but do not find anything unusual, tracks of: bear, wolf, dog and the animals around the farm. Omega then asks the farmer for directions to another nearby farmer's house. After some directions you head to another farm. Everything is the same save no tracks from bear or wolf and you assume it is because this farm is further away from the cave and forest.

Enough looking around you think and start to head back to the farm where Mr. Smith gives you a light lunch. You the journey towards the cave again and find that it is blackened within and the smell is still gruesome, but breatheable. Omega starts to vomit (low body) and cannot enter. He is also tired from all the walking and needs to rest. He feels sick. The rest of you enters while Omega sits outside on a rock near a cleared patch of grass.

Inside you see hundreds of wings and bat skeletons heaped on the floor. In one corner of the room you see what seems to be a human skelenton clad with some old leather armor. You are taken aback by this because you are not sure if this was a result of your doing or if the 'humanoid' was dead already. Closer inspection will let you know.

GM; Say what you will do now. It is 1pm.

2nd Nov, 2003 - 8:27am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Living Night World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Liete says, "We should inspect the body of that humanoid."  

Leirsgrios says, "Alright, I will go look at it, if it moves run!" He chuckles to himself.  

With his mace ready in one hand, he puts the torch close to the skeleton to try and determine its death. Closer examination by Leirsgri avails nothing since his soul and mind are not high enough to investigate. He does see a curious clooking map bag around the corpse's neck. The equipment it was carrying is either burnt partially or totally destroyed.

Leirsgrios says, "I don't think we caused this death.  The bats probably did this or something infected by the bats.  Lets take his stuff, its useless for him in here.  Maybe we can use some it or pawn it off.  Lets grab it on our way out."  

Eneyla says, "Isn't that a bit unrespectful to violate someones corpse?"  

Leirsgrios chuckles and says, "Not if its dead it isn't.  We can give it a good proper buriel when we are done.  Lets go check out these bats."  

Eneyla raises a brow and looks at Leirsgri in a disgusting way as though to say, 'Men are so brutish!'

Liete stoops down to look at the corpse and finds that it is likely that this skeleton was here long before their fire since there is no charred flesh on it. She ponders a bit and then guesses that the first time the bats were too much a distraction to notice the skelenton.

Except for the curious looking map bag there is nothing of value that you can see.

With torches shining forward they walk towards the den, when they enter the den they look for any living bats, but find none.

Leirsgri takes the map bag outside, everyone else follows. You check on Omega who is a bit better now and more interested on what Leirsgri has brought out of the cave.

GM: Say what you will do now. Be secific on who will examine the map bag, if they will open it, etc. It is 1:30pm.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: [Medieval] Living Night

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,