[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' - Page 3 of 6

Still in the Village... New blood seeks to - Page 3 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 7th Aug, 2003 - 3:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Closed
18th Jul, 2003 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' - Page 3

The Game Master says...

Lucia seems to be trying to soak everything in her gut after hearing the calls. She looks to Mystic and Zenobia who are still lodged by the bottom of the mountain and says,

"I saw one of them.  They're wearing black.  What is that sound?  Are they calling for each other to swoop down and take us out? Or are they just trying to protect their territory?"

Zenobia looks at Lucia, still behind the wagon, and shouts back,

"I don't have an idea, but let's finish what we started! Since we have the grappling hook and rope, now we can climb the mountain and see how many of them are out there. I will climb it while Mystic is behind me and you (Lucia) stay in the ground with your eyes well open. (looking at Mystic now) Mystic get ready your arrows, I will have mine ready too."

Mystic seems shaken and pessimistic,

"I don't know what to do now, maybe they are going to attack us somehow or calling for more of them to come. are we going to die already?"  

Lucia tries to be confident and frowns her brow...

"If we play our cards right, we won't die.  Zenobia, I will keep my eyes open and alert you and Mystic to any sudden movements.  Hopefully, we will get the end of this and continue on our journey."

Mytic does not seem to like Zenobia's instruction too much and says,

"Ok I want to find somewhere so I cannot be hit without seeing them coming first. I think Zenobia and the warrior (Lucia) should get ready to fight since they can attack better. I will shoot an arrow as backup."

Lucia throws the rope and grappling hook to Zenobia. Then Zenobia climbs the mountain using the tools, Zenobia clearly forgets she cannot climb the mountain with a weapon and becomes a target if anything came at her from the top or bottom. Mystic stands near the base of the mountain watching on. Lucia is on the ground still behind the wagon waiting and ready for a surprise attack.

Suddenly a yell is heard from the Southern part of the mountain, you see two black humanoids approaching quickly by foot less than five seconds away, they are armed with swords and faces full of focused anger. In the same breath a yell from the North also comes as four of the same approach with equal speed.

GM: Zenobia is about twelve feet up the mountain. Mystic is at the bottom, and Lucia is behind the wagon. Say what you will do now without much planning you have time only for one move and that is it. If you take too long to decide I will suddenly post without party order (refer to the map below).

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jul, 2003 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

Zenobia shouts to Lucia and Mystic...

"Don't worry girls, I'm only 12 feet up and I'm going to jump right now and I'm ready to fight".

She then jumps down, grab her long sword from her side and thinks 'I'm ready for all you darling' with a voice that denotes she wants blood. She moves quickly like the wind and grabs Mystic by her hand and directs her to go inside the wagon in a way that would seem like if she were throwing here like a small bag of potatoes and says...

"You hide there, if you can throw some arrows, go head. Keep hiding."

Mystic who seems surprised by the sudden shove says,

"Lets do it, I am ready I am going to try and get out of the way and let you big ladies handle these guys"

Zenobia has just enough time to say to say to Lucia in a frantic voice,

"Quickly, fight those two coming to your way..."

While the four men approach, Zenobia thinks to give a shout of 'war' and jump straight to two of the men, kick them and slash their throats so quickly that she would only have two left to deal with...

Zenobia is able to react first, she swings at the first uncoming bandit with her sword going from left to right across his throat, he falls like a rock to the floor while reaching  for his neck. With that right direction Zenobia carries the momentum trying to continue the motion with the next approaching bandit but she misses completely and the move almost throws her off guard. This give the approaching bandit a chance to attack but Zenobia parries. The other bandit furiously swings his sword as well cutting into the skin of Zenobia...

"Arggghhh... ", yells Zenobia as she tries to consume the pain with her anger at being hit.

Mystic has only one chance to fire her bow before being too close for comfort, but she misses the bandit who comes upon her quickly with a wild swinging motion that misses...

Lucia runs to meet the two oncoming bandits and manages to do give a deep blow to one of them, but she completely misses the other. They fight back, one misses and the other manages to wound Lucia, who now feels the pains of battle for the first time.

Zenobia becomes red with fire in her eyes as she swings at her opponents... cutting them in half as though they were butter. Their bodies fall helplessly to the hard ground.

Mystic fumbles with her bow and at the same time tries to get her hand to hand weapon, this enables the bandit to swing at her but her heavy leather aromor protects her skin this time. Zenobia notices Mystic's dangerous position and springs for an attack.

Lucia continues her battle alone and finishes off one of the already wounded bandits with such a blow that it splats blood all over her and her last enemy. This makes no difference to the living bandit as he swings and misses Lucia. Lucia attacks back and misses.

Zenobia reaches the bandit to deal with him from behind opening his back and showing his spine and rib bones.

Mystic is grateful that she does not have to actually fight as the bandit that Zenobia kills almost falls on top of her.

Lucia continues to fight with her opponent who is still untouched by her attacks. He too has not been able to hit her quick dodges, Zenobia looks on wondering if she should jump in or help Lucia...

GM: Zenobia without posting in camp decide if you wish to help Lucia or let her handle it. Post your decision in Party Order III

23rd Jul, 2003 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Zenobia is not sure whether these humanoids are dead or alive, after all they are not 100% humans she thinks to herself... so she decides to leave Lucia to fight by herself, Zenobia think she can handle it and she doesn't want to take way the opportunity for Lucia to gain experience, grow and get that feeling of pride that a good warrior always must possess. She keeps an eye on the fight while she search the bodies of these humanoids, she asks Mystic to stay where she is until she tell her otherwise, with sword in hand and ready to fight again if its neccessary, Zenobia's wisdom is on her best shape..... as Zenobia makes her way over to one of the corpses she realize that she really is not in good shape. She is bleeding a lot and is only at 1/3 of her health level. She stops and turns to see how the fight is progressing for Lucia. Iron hits iron as the battle wages, it seems as if Lucia is equally matched, but alas the bandit makes a fatal swing that misses Lucia completely and at the same time leaves himself exposed to the pointed edge of Lucia's sword which pierces the bandit's black cloth right into his gut. The bandit falls to the ground. Lucia bows and places her hands on her knees, she is tired and overwhelmed at the fight.

Zenobia then goes over to the bodies, check for life by proding her sword and giving a few kicks here and there. No sign of life, they do seem very human, their blood is red and there are no features that should make you think they are anything else buth ruthless thieves. You are not sure how many more there are though and if you could handle another attack like that. Zenobia feels her warm blood dripping from her open wounds, she does not feel well.

The air seems faint, you hear no unusual sounds, no arrows have come at you yet so you assume that these men you killed were the ones on the mountain, but you are not sure.

GM: Decide what you will do now.

26th Jul, 2003 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

After sometime there is composure once again in the party. Lucia is exhausted, but still alert to any strange sounds or sudden movements.  She looks at Zenobia and at Mystic.  Lucia sees that Zenobia is hurt.  Lucia runs to Zenobia and asks,

"Zenobia, these wounds look bad.  Do feel like you can make this journey out of this area?  We need to go quickly to avoid anymore of these people.  You should get into the wagon and rest.  Mystic, can you tend to her wounds?  I will try to guide the horse and wagon out of this area.  Once we get out of this area, we will be able to care for Zenobia's wounds without the chance of being attacked again."

Zenobia listens to Lucia and says,

"I'm fine, I'm fine"

Zenobia's wounds are looking really bad. Infact she doubts she could take on another round of combat like she did before. Zenobia also ponders what she has learned. She feels with full rest she would be twice renewed. She goes to the wagon and rests for a minute or two and then with pride says,

"I think I can walk and when we get out of here I can see about my wounds, don't worry about it."  

Mystic is watching at Zenobia's wounds and then laments not having healing potions or elixirs. Her brooding only serves as a 'I told you so...' to everyone. Zenobia raises an eyebrow and says to Mystic,

"It's not time for complaints now."

Lucia interrupts Zenobia and says,

"I know that you feel that you could walk, but I think you might need to rest in the wagon until the bleeding stops.  Those wounds look pretty bad. The more you move around, the more your blood is going to come out of your wounds. You are a valuable leader and Mystic and I would hate to lose you on this journey."

Zenobia looks at her with a slight grin that shows that her ego has been touched again by Lucia's words, she then says,

"Lose me? Are you kidding me? I'm Zenobia, the greatest warrior, you forgot?"

She says this while giving a fake smile and not showing her true pain. Zenobia then tries to distract attention off of her by asking Lucia to see if there are clothes that can be used as bandage. Mystic tries to do the best she can with the less than satisfactory first aid tools. Zenobia not caring much for doctoring says...

"Let's move on people!'  

Lucia says, "Sounds good to me, we need to get out of here before we run up on anymore of these humaniod looking people.  I will draw the map by memory once we get out of this area."

As you begin to go further south you heart begins to feel fearful, everyone is uneasy as to if they should continue. You feel as if you are being watched...

[b]GM: It is 3:00pm, you are hungry and thirsty. Say what you will do now. To reach the other end of the mountains will take you until dark and you will be in very dangerous territory.

30th Jul, 2003 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

A thought comes to Zenobia's mind... 'Okay we need to decide fast'. She then says...

"I think we should get back to the village, I'm  very hurt and maybe I will not be able to make it through the journey since the real enemy didn't attack us yet. Mystic wants to get back too. Its up to you Lucia now to say what you wants to do."  

Lucia listens to everyone's concerns on what they want to do.  She thinks for a moment and looks at Mystic and Zenobia and says,

"Ok, we head back to the village.  Maybe if we're lucky, we might find another warrior to travel with us.  Plus, we will get some supplies and get Zenobia's wounds fixed up."

Zenobia nods her head in agreement and says,

"Okay, let's find the place to stay, we will eat, feed the horse and rest until very early in the morning, we will leave just before the sun comes out."

You turn the horse around and start the difficult journey back. Your wagon wheels crush some of the dead men's bones since you did not move them out of the way. The breaking sound is irritating to your ears as it reminds you of the the 'sound' of death. You are only a couple miles from the outer edge of the mountains and the sun is starting to go down. You have the choice of many possibilities...

__ Stay at the base of the mountain
__ Look for a patch of trees as before
__ Try to continue your journey towards the Village to be as far from the mountains as possible
__ Some other plan

Already you can hear the faint sounds of wolves in the distance. It makes you wish that your travels did not have to be so difficult. You begin to think of the number of you in the party and the possible number that wants you dead in the wilderness. You begin to think that serious planning should take place even before reaching the Village so that your return is without delay. You ponder if you should not talk to some travellers in the local bar since that is where all the gossip takes place, it may cost you a coin or two of gold, but well worth the price. Even the bartender is sure to have 'overheard' the stories of those in earshot. You begin to find yourself wondering in thought when the decision of if to camp now or keep moving is asked...

GM: Say what you will do...

1st Aug, 2003 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation'

The Game Master says...

Lucia looks at the sky and says,

"I wonder how much daylight we have left. I think we should try and find another patch of trees for a safer place to set up camp. I would rather we be away from the mountains at this point.  Everything here still feels wrong to me somehow."

She then turns her direction to Zenobia,

"Zenobia you should ride in the wagon until we find a safer place to set up camp. I think we are a days journey from the village. So, you can conserve your strength. We can feed the horse and we can eat alittle bit of our food while we are traveling. I also think that Mystic and I should travel along side the wagon until we find a place to set up camp."  

Zenobia looks at Lucia and replies in agreement, Mystic is also anxious to leave the mountain area while making her bow ready for any uncoming enemies or foes.  

After many hours all of you are very tired, it has been a long day. The dark now rests upon you like a thick blanket. The moon is not out so it makes movement more difficult. You manage to find some trees in what seems to be a secluded area. You make good use of your rations from great hunger. Three days have passed and you have not even accomplished much as far as maps are concerned. You fear having to meet Greaves in the Village, but become assured when you remember he does not venture out of his home.

You recall the day's events and suddenly realize that you made no effort to search the bodies of those you have slain. Possible clues may have been missed there, but you count it as experienced gain. You look forward to a full night's rest and then an evaluation of your skill level.

The night passes without any event. You are happy about this and breed a sigh of relief. Quickly you journey towards the Village and reach by noon time. The sounds of busy bodies and horses rumbling through the Village streets is like music to your ears.

GM: You are safe in the village, Lucia has 4 rations left and Zenobia only 1 (did not buy pats for the horse). It will be necessary to see about rest, tending to wounds, evaluating your mission and any lack of preparation and then journeying out again as quickly as possible. Zenobia will need at least a week to fully heal naturally unless she can find some faster means. After you are fully rested you will be told how much experience you have gained.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Aug, 2003 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III 'Desolation' - Page 3

The Game Master says...

In the Village...

Zenobia's wounds are not good, she needs to be attended to. Lucia has her own cut which should also be dressed. You all smell foul and many in the Village are watching you as you are approached from either side of the wagon by new adventurers eager to go with you on your exploits. You heart tells you to quicken your pace since much time has been wasted in the long travel from the mountains.

7th Aug, 2003 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III 'Desolation' World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 3

The Game Master says...

Still in the Village...

New blood seeks to join your group and you ponder how they will fit into your established way of doing things. Zenobia continues to bleed, her wounds are not well dressed by the primative cloth used to band her up. People in the Village start to wonder if you are some kind of noon day zombie because you bleed but have no care for your life. Time rolls on...

The clouds are forming and you can tell that a storm is brewing in the East. The sun disappears behind the clouds and birds take shelter under the curved lats that secure the buildings of the Village. You see that you cannot do much today already and had better seek rest.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: [Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,