[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' - Page 4 of 6

Lucia turns to everyone and says, "Now, - Page 4 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 13th Aug, 2003 - 4:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Closed
9th Aug, 2003 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Rain begins to fall, the drops soak into your clothing and cause discomfort to an already tired group now bogged down by enthusiastic souls ready for adventure. Indecision blows in the wind as the rain starts to send most of the villagers under safe shelter and coverings.

Sponsored Links:
9th Aug, 2003 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

In the middle of all this bad weather Zenobia looks at Lucia and says,

"Take me to my place where I can lay down for a while and rest from all this journey.  I'm a bit too weak to think about it right now, I think you can handle it."

Mystic then says,

"We need to make sure and get a lot of food and good armor. I read something about checking the bar too who is going to do that?"

Lucia thinks for a brief second, looks at Mystic and then says,

"I think we should both go to the tavern.  We could look for more adventurers while we get some alcohol for Zenobia's wounds.  We could also inquire if there is a healer in town.  We must get Zenobia to her home.  The rain is already starting, so I don't think that we will be able to get supplies until the rain stops, but surely, the tavern would still be open to the weary traveler."

The cart moves off...

GM: You need to specify what is going on with those who joined your group. After this the story will continue.

9th Aug, 2003 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

The cart moves through what is now muddy paths caused by the great rainfall, everyone moves towards Zenobia's home. A decision is made to take Zenobia to her own abode while Lucia and Mystic look for adventurers. Lucia says to Zenobia,

"We need to get you to your home, so that you can rest.  I am also wounded, but not nearly severe as you.  I will tend to my wounds after I have insured you being taken care of first.  While you are resting, I will dress my wounds.  Since the rain has started, we will have to wait to get supplies.  Mystic and I will try to recruite some more adventurers."

On the way a new member of the group called, 'Adauwyr', a warrior, notices the bleeding state of the ladies, he says with compassionate concern,

"Perhaps it would be wise if Zenobia and Lucia's Wounds should be properly bound and dressed before we proceed with the travels, lest one or the other should take their leave due to loss of vital fluid."

Lucia looks at Adauwyr and says,

"You all can go with Mystic, and I to nearest bar.  Zenobia's wounds do need to be cleaned and properly dressed.  We can also inquire in the bar if there is a healer in town, while we purchase some alcohol for Zenobia's wounds.  We may also hear some local lore of what's been going on since we left last.  I also need to go to the market and purchase what Zenobia needs and what I need to get for the journey back out again.  Please everyone make sure you get everything you need in the market before our next journey out, but now that the rain has started, it will have to be after the storm passes."  

At Zenobia's home

The rain subsides somewhat although the day continues to look dreary. The door opens, everything seems normal. You help Zenobia into her home and bed. The place is in an unsafe area and many watch you curiously, especially with all the 'cargo' in the wagon. Lucia looks at Zenobia rests her hand on Zenobia's shoulder and says,

"Stay safe here in your home. We should not be long. Hopefully, we will find a healer."  

Adauwyr turns to Lucia and says,

"So, what are we waiting for, let us tarry no longer... The lady Zenobia is in dire need... let us forthwith proceed into the market!"  

Kane looks at Lucia and says,

"Yes, we should go before she ends up worse?"

A curious fellow comes up to the group at the same time and motions a friendly gesture while saying...

"Sorry to interput your conversation. Hello everyone, my name is Cloud and I'd like to adventure with you on your journey."

Lucia looks at the newcomer, smiles and says,

"Hello, Cloud.  You want to journey with us?  What skills do you have?  Are you a warrior?  A magician?  A thief?"

Cloud is taken aback by the interest, Cloud says,

"I am a magician, I also have the special skills of a jester and an artist"

Adauwyr looks to the new comer and says,

"Well met Cloud, looks as though you are equiped to travel",

to this Cloud nods in agreement... "Hello sir, yes I have come prepared"

Lucia looks at Cloud, Adauwyr, and Kane and says,

"Please feel free to go with us on our journey, but at this time, one of our fellow adventurerers is wounded and we must head to the tavern to purchase some alcohol for her wounds.  We also must inquire at the tavern if there is a healer in town as well."

You start your walk towards the Village Bar. It is assumed that everyone made a wise decision in taking the wagon with them as Zenobia may not be able to protect it.

Village Bar

This place is usually half full, but never empty. Sometimes it can be very crowded depending on if the King's guard are passing through the Village on their way to some destination or not. All of you gather inside the Bar, there are not many there today, some look at the lot of you with curiosity. Some already are whispering their tall tales about the possibilty of why you are there. You enter, and take your seat around a table made of wood, the stools set around it are of the same material, both are well worn with etches of knives and ale stains.

The bar tneder sends one of his helpers across to you, a bar maid she is and a gruf one at that. In looking at her you can see she is strong and full of charisma. She has worked there a long time and has dealt with all types. She stands beside you and says,

"Good day mates, welcome to the Village Bar, I am here at ye service and most willing to bring a helping mug of ale or our fine wine for a piece of gold if you so pleasure, so what shall it be on this cold rainy day?"

10th Aug, 2003 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

A lot of talk develops in the group as to what questions might be asked of this woman. Adauwyr decides to keep watch of the wagon outside to which Lucia nods in agreement. Lucia then turns and looks at the bar maid and says,

"Sorry for the wait, I will take a mug of ale, if you will please."  

Lucia then holds up three gold pieces and says,

"One gold piece is for the ale.  The other two gold pieces will for you, if you might be able to tell us if there is a healer or an alchemist in town."

The woman looks at the money with a grin, she opens her eyes, looks side to side and then with quick motion takes the gold pieces and pockets them quickly in her apron.

Lucia is glad to see that information might shortly be coming and adds...

"Also, do you know if there is anyone that might sell healing potions?  And if you could recommend a decent place for lodging for the night and possibly what the cost would be."

She looks around to see if anyone is looking and then says,

"Let me bring your ale in a jif and I will be sure to answer your needs"

With what seems to be a skip and a hop she runs off behind the bar counter and seems to be getting your ale poured into large wooden mugs. You look around the bar, nothing unusual, or at least apparently unusual. The woman returns and while setting your ale on the table she answers your questions...

"There are lodgings here at the bar, upstairs you can have a room for two for a mere gold piece, they are not fit for a king, but then again we do not have many a king pass through here anyhow (she laughs like man and then resumes). About your wanting potions and the like, I have not heard anything bout' it, but I can surely say that the Village herbalist should be able to set you right. (By this time she has set all your ale on the table) I got time for one more question if I can help I will answer, but take this advice... stay away from those mountains in the South, they have wicked bad bandits you hear... wicked bad (she shakes her head in disgust), so anything else I can get for you?"

11th Aug, 2003 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

Lucia looks at the bar maid and says,

"Thank you kindly for you advice on the mountains.  We will make sure we keep clear of them.  We will return to secure us a couple of rooms for the night.  Also, do you know if the Village herbalist is located at?  I am in much need of seeking some of his services.  Also, is the marketplace still open or is it closed because of the rain?"

The woman raises one eyebrow and says,

"Ye bunch of blade carriers be young in these parts huh? Let me give you some quick tips... in this here Village gold rules, so do you think a little rain will stop em' from the rioting of coins in the market? (she pauses to give out a man-like laugh. She then composes herself and continues) There be many herbalist, some of them are in the market, speak to any of em', yep ye can do that."

Lucia thinks back to the horrible events that happened to her, Zenobia, and Mystic in the mountains.  They were lucky they managed to get back and live to tell the tale.  She also remembers the loss of poor Sky.  So, young in her life.  She shakes her head to clear her mind.  Time to focus on what is of dire importance, Zenobia's health.

The woman then says, "It be 4 gold pieces for the rooms" she then puts out her hand for payment.  

Lucia then turns to everyone at the table and says,

"So, if we going to stay at the lodge here tonight, we must seek out the village herbalist first.  The more time we waste, the harder it will be to save our friend, Zenobia.  We will secure our lodging after we help Zenobia first."

The woman heres your conversation and withdraws her hand with the words, "Alright mates".    

Lucia instructs Cloud,

"Cloud, will you please pour some of my ale into your flask, please.  So, we can carry it back to Zenobia?"  

Kane quickly drinks down his ale and then he gets up and says to everyone,

"Yes we must go and look for this herbalist first, for we need to save Zenobia first. I'm sure that she hasn't much time"  

Kane then looks at Cloud and says,

"Yes please pour some of her ale in to your flask that way Zenobia can use it to clean her wounds."  

Mystic says, "Maybe we should split up to get things done faster"

Kane then turns to Mystic and says,

"Splitting up would be a good idea but we are not sure what is out there waiting for each of us so I think it would be best to stick together."  

In the mean time...

Zenobia wonders at her home why Lucia and the rest of the group are taking so long to return with the medicine...she feels very weak....each hour that pass counts.

Market

The rain is light now, it has not stopped completely, but it is good enough for you to get on out. You arrive at the Market. You find a herbalist, an old woman... you describe Zenobia's condition and ask if there is anything she can do to help her. The old woman replies...

"Of course I can, I may be an old hag, but I am still nimble and able to discern a bruse or cut or soar eye for that matter, where be the las?"

The old woman gestures for you to take her to Zenobia, but you are curious as to what she is going to do and ask about her methods. She responds with an explanation of herbs and special massages, then she goes into a long boring story about her childhood and how she has a 'gift' of healing. She then pulls you all in closer, closes one eye and opens the other bigger and says,

"Well, I can heal her, all depends on how fast you want it done"

She then winks her eye and it makes you curious as to if this woman can even heal. So you ask her an explanation of time with healing and she says...

"Well the traditional method is but a gold piece only and based on your description I would say a week or so, but (she looks around to see if anyone is looking and then whispers) I can do it within an hour with a special brew. (She pulls out from under her apron a special flask of strange liquid} This here be fine for health and it only costs 50 gold pieces, but, but (she speaks louder as you open your eyes about the price) but, remember it works within the hour and as you people look so in need of your friend's health I will let you have it for 49"

The old woman then winks her eye and waits your decision.

GM: Say if you will pay for the old woman's services or not and who will pay. If you decide to pay she will not go to Zenobia's home as she says the potion works on its own.

13th Aug, 2003 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation'

The Game Master says...

Lucia looks at the woman, and says,

"Could you give us a just a moment please to see how much gold we have?"  

The old woman looks around and sighs that you will stand talking in the market as a group bring more attention to her and yourselves, but she agrees to give you a moment. Lucia gives thought as to how the amount can be paid and decides to pay it herself and hope that Zenobia gives her back the money. Lucia gives the old woman 49 gold pieces. The old woman smiles like an imp in hell and gives you the potion which looks blood red in color. The old woman then scuttles off with the words...

"Make sure your friend drinks the full vial and she will be as good as new, look for me if ye are in need of more of my brew."

GM: You have the potion of healing, or at least you hope you do. Say what you will do now.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Aug, 2003 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III 'Desolation' - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Lucia turns to everyone and says,

"Now, that we have the potion, we will go quickly to Zenobia's home and give her the potion.  The old woman said that Zenobia must drink all of it.  Then we will see if it heals Zenobia or not."

Adauwyr says, "Well, what ever we are doing lets quit jabbering and get on with it... More walk less talk people."  

Mystic says, "Since we are in the market do we buy now?"

Lucia looks at Mystic and says, "Mystic, we will shop in the market place after we get this potion to Zenobia.  For every minute we waste, is one less minute Zenobia has left."

Lucia then looks at everyone and says, "We will go and buy our supplies after we get the potion back to Zenobia.  She too needs to get supplies.  So we might as well all shop at the same time on the way out of town."  

Adauwyr says "The sooner we travel the better. Enough tongue wagging and let us be on our way... Zenobia's life may depend upon our swift return."

Adauwyr taunts the group to get going and it helps the group to move faster. Mystic seems puzzled as to why she needs to go also to give a potion to Zenobia, nevertheless, you are all on your way. At Zenobia's home she is resting, you explain that you have bought a potion from an old woman in a market for 50 gold pieces and she says to drink all of it.

Zenobia looks at the potion and its blood red color and wonders if it is a poison or really has life giving properties...

GM: Zenobia will need to say if she drinks it since she did not buy the potion herself.

13th Aug, 2003 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III 'Desolation' World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Lucia turns to everyone and says,

"Now, that we have the potion, we will go quickly to Zenobia's home and give her the potion.  The old woman said that Zenobia must drink all of it.  Then we will see if it heals Zenobia or not."

Adauwyr says, "Well, what ever we are doing lets quit jabbering and get on with it... More walk less talk people."  

Mystic says, "Since we are in the market do we buy now?"

Lucia looks at Mystic and says, "Mystic, we will shop in the market place after we get this potion to Zenobia.  For every minute we waste, is one less minute Zenobia has left."

Lucia then looks at everyone and says, "We will go and buy our supplies after we get the potion back to Zenobia.  She too needs to get supplies.  So we might as well all shop at the same time on the way out of town."  

Adauwyr says "The sooner we travel the better. Enough tongue wagging and let us be on our way... Zenobia's life may depend upon our swift return."

Adauwyr taunts the group to get going and it helps the group to move faster. Mystic seems puzzled as to why she needs to go also to give a potion to Zenobia, nevertheless, you are all on your way. At Zenobia's home she is resting, you explain that you have bought a potion from an old woman in a market for 50 gold pieces and she says to drink all of it.

Zenobia looks at the potion and its blood red color and wonders if it is a poison or really has life giving properties...

GM: Zenobia will need to say if she drinks it since she did not buy the potion herself.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: [Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,