[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' - Page 5 of 6

Everyone agrees to go around the mountains, - Page 5 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 29th Aug, 2003 - 11:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Closed
14th Aug, 2003 - 9:51am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' - Page 5

The Game Master says...

Zenobia drinks the potion quickly and she expects to feel great soon. She says

"If this potion heals me, we should be going to the market right away to get some stuff for our journey. So please everybody get ready whatever you want to buy." She then says with a serious face, "...But if it doesn't heal me and die I want you all going to the journey anyway and remember that Zenobia was here and that she was a great warrior."  

Lucia looks at Zenobia and says,

"Well, hopefully, it will heal you.  I would feel lost without me traveling by your side.  Even if we have only traveled a short time together, I have come to look up to you."

With that statement Zenobia sits up, opens the cork on the vial and throws the liquid down her throat as if she were an alcoholic drinking hard liquor. She then gasps for air, starts to pant fast and holds on to the sheets of the bed. You watch in amazement as she seems to change slowly to a normal state. Her wounds regenerate at a quick rate and she is made whole within a few minutes! Zenobia stands up with mighty will and strenght and declares her readiness to advenure.

Everyone is relieved that the old woman was true to her word, and you begin to think if the potion should not be bought more abundantly for your future journey. Zenobia feels renewed and as you journey to the market she comments that her skill has increased and she feels more perceptive.

At the Market

All may buy what they need now as they are finally at the market. The day is slowly coming to an end. Lucia, Zenobia and Mystic will surely need a good rest tonight before journeying again.

GM: Buy items now. Zenobia went up to level 2. Everyone's stats and equipment will be updated after all is bought.

Sponsored Links:
17th Aug, 2003 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

You buy several items to your delight. With the groups help Zenobia looks for the old woman that sold the potion. The old woman is around and sells you one of the potions again for 50 gps and comments to you how she knows her brews always work while winking her eye and pocketing the money in her apron.

Zenobia carefully puts the potion away. All of you make checks of what you buy and now decide to find rest as the sun will soon set. Your stomach growls for a good meal cooked with herbs and spice from the bar or local resturant instead of dry rations. Kane nags for food and will feel uncomfortable if he does not eat something 'nice' (this due to low soul count).

All your character's stats have been updated. You will want to check it over. Make sure to find a place to rest if you do not yet have one. Say when you will start to adventure tomorrow and your new party order if one is needed.

20th Aug, 2003 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation' RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Lucia looks at everyone and says, "I think we should go to the tavern and secure our rooms for the night.  Kane, will you would quit grumbling about food.  We are going to eat after we get our rooms.  Anyone have any suggestions on where to eat?"  

Zenobia thinks we can eat in our rooms, we don't want to be spread all around for people to be asking questions about what we are doing there and stuff although we could also find more information.

Lucia agrees with what Zenobia says, "I think it would be best to eat in our rooms.  I know that the barmaid in the tavern told us to steer clear of the mountains for there were wicked bad bandits.  Unfortunately we found out the hard way.  We could go back to the tavern and speak with her again.  She may have some more useful information that we could use on our journey."

Mystic says, "it would be good if we had a thief with us. I think talking with the bar maid is wise too maybe the bartender might know more than her. maybe we should take a different way this time?"

Lucia says, "I was thinking the same thing, Mystic.  I think we should take a different way.  Possibly around the mountains or maybe over them.  That's also a good idea about talking to the bartender too."

Kane says, "Yes that would be a good idea to go around or some way avoid the mountains. A theif is always good to have around untill they still you blind then we have problems. But they do come in handy for a lot of things."  

A newcomer comes up to the group and says, "My name is Raynon.  My skills are jester and artist and all I have is a dagger, a cloak, a set of clothes, leather boots and a cloak.  I couldn't afford tools and I assumed I'd be in town long enough to buy food.  I wish to one day be a full clown, until then I try to male a living conning old people out of their savings and cutting the strings of fat purses.  I hope you don't mind being in a party with a scoundrel, but you did say you have use for a theif and, well, what do you expect.  I must be true to my nature. "

Adauwyr turns to the newcomer and says, "Well met Raynon, it may just be usefull to have one with your skills..."  

Zenobia looks at Raynon very suspiciously but straight to the eyes and says, "Look, I'm not the leader in this group but I will tell ya a couple of things so there is not misunderstandings between each other. No stealing from your fellow partners, no fooling around, no sudden distraction to try to get our money, in a couple of words....'Don't make me kill ya'" (she flexes her muscles while holding her sword and running her thumb up and down the edge of the blade).  

Lucia looks at the newcomer and says, "Hello Raynon.  I am Lucia and I am the leader of this group.  We will not tolerate stealing from anyone in the group.  It will certainly lead you to your demise.  Yes, I believe we could find use of your skills.  But, you will have to buy enough rations and skin, water, for I do not have alot to be able to share what I have."  

Adauwyr shakes his head and says, "Geez Ladies I was looking foreward to hearing him plead and cry his little 'I didn't know you would take it so seriously' all the while removing his limbs one by one and and then standing him up on a ground spike for the ravens... IF he were to 'FIND' some of OUR posessions in HIS posession..." Then with eyes of steel looks down to the thief and asks in a very serious tone "Now what fun is it going to be?"  

Lucia looks at everyone and says, "Enough dilly-dallying, let us go to the tavern and secure our rooms and eat a real meal.  We should head out just before day break."

Cloud nods in agreement with the decision of the group.

You head to the bar, nothing has changed much since your last visit except for new faces and more drunk ones. The same woman that served you before runs over to your side, possibly from remembering your last tip. She says,

"Well it be my ole friends again, what shall it be this time? Ale or fine wine? Ehhh, and since it be supper maybe you fancy a hot meal to get you rested well for the night?"

She then stands waiting for your answer while mentioning that your two rooms are ready but it will be another two rooms since there is seven of you now. She explains that it is two per room and the rooms are not very big.

Hot meals are a gold piece, they usually include enough to feed a very large man, and it includes quality ale. Say who will buy, who will pay for the rooms, etc. I also need to know who is running Robert123's character? If no one wants to, then I will send him home for now. Where is all the equippment of Zenobia? Where does she leave the wagon and horse, etc? There are stables available for a gold piece for the night, this includes grooming and feeding your horse.

22nd Aug, 2003 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

At the bar rooms and food are the main conversation. Everyone discusses the sleeping 'sections'. Zenobia's items are kept secure in her room while her horse is getting the needed care it deserves. Unfortunately for the horse it does not know the difficult journey ahead for her.

Mystic then says, "What happened to the thief that joined the group?"

Everyone looks around curiously only to notice that Raynon is not there!

Mystic continues, "Is someone going to keep an eye on him or can we like really trust him?"

Kane looks at Mystic and says "I really don't trust a thief anyhow so if he shows his face then I say we keep our eyes on him, you never know."

Everyone eats, they savor the well cooked delights and relish in the ale of the day. You feel sleepy from your meal. Ash is almost drifting off to sleep on himself. The sun is down, the bar is a bit noisy, more of the villagers have come in to drink, make great laughter and gossip. You doubt you can sleep at the moment. Possibilities of mingling among the crowd downstairs seem tempting, but you are unsure if you should. Maybe too many questions may be asked of you?

GM: Decide what you will do now?

24th Aug, 2003 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Desolation III Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

Having not seen Raynon most of the day you begin to wonder what has happened. The bar maid from downstairs comes to Zenobia and Lucia's room door and knocks. Upon your opening she says,

"Sorry for breaking your rest, but a lad in a dark cloak who called himself 'Raynon' came to the bar asking for you all. I told him that you were upstairs having supper and getting rest, he then nodded his head and said that he had a mission to do and would not be with the bunch of you at this time. He then left straight away as though he had something urgent to take care of... weird one that."

The bar maid then shurgs her shoulders and goes back downstairs with her tray in hand ready to serve the busy crowd. You begin to wonder what Raynor is up to and if there is some  motive behind all of this. Thoughts of spying, getting information and other thoughts bog down your mind. You start to check and see if all your belongings are in tact... they seem to be.

25th Aug, 2003 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation'

The Game Master says...

Lucia looks at Zenobia and says, 'That was strange, don't you think? You don't think that he had an alternative motive do you?  Not that it matters at this point.  At least, we won't have to worry with keeping an eye on him as well as watching everything else."

Everyone decides rest is most needed. The night passes fairly quickly. You gather yourself, use the necessary facilities such as bath, outhouse and other items. You feel restored. In fact all wounds are healed, save for slight scars from battle.  The bar is open early, but hardly anyone is in. Breakfast is served for those that paid for it. You then meet outside. Raynor is not around. You are more suspicious of his actions.

The journey starts again. You move towards the South and make good headway because of your early start. You are just before the mountains at it is night. You need to make important decisions based on the map you were given.

GM: Decide what you will do now. It is night time and the group is tired. You are about a mile away from the mountains Zenobia, Mystic and Lucia travelled through.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Aug, 2003 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III 'Desolation' - Page 5

The Game Master says...

Lucia looks at everyone and says, "I think we should set up camp for the night and get some rest. I also think it would be wise to eat some of our rations. We will all take turns during the night, keeping watch. I know we are not far from the mountains, but we must also decide how we are going to get around the mountains. If we go over the mountains, we will have to leave the horse and wagon. Which will also make our journey more difficult, because we will have to carry all of the equipment. Zenobia, Mystic, and myself found out that going through the mountain path was too dangerous. Or we can go around the mountains. Greaves wants the area mapped out just past the mountains. I was going to draw the map, unless one of the newcomers wants to draw the map.  Who wants to take the first shift of keeping watch while the others rest? Which way should we take to go through the mountains? Does anyone else want to draw the map? I am still willing to draw the map, just checking to see if anyone else wants to do it."  

Adauwyr pipes up, "I'll take the first watch, though we should decide on a rotation and length also, I would propose that since there are 4 warriors we split it amongst ourselves as the mages might hurt themselves in the dark.  Mayhap a 2 hour rotation.  You are welcome to keep the map Lucia, I am better suited to a sword than a quill'. Going through the mountains may still be our best bet.  maybe we just need to find another way through them, there has to be some kind of passes through them maybe we should seek out one of those. As for our actual direction, where ever is fine.  we'll kill it if it gets in the way, eat it if it is edible and put its head on a post either way as a warning to the rest of what ever they are."

Kane looks at Lucia and says, "I will keep a late watch I think it would be wise if the ladies took the early watches cause most of the creatures of the nite wait till they think that every one is out for the nite.  Late nite is the most dangerous time so I think that the guys should take all the late watches.  Does that sound alright to all of you?"

Lucia looks at Adauwyr and says, "Zenobia, Mystic and myself are lucky to live to tell the tale of trying to go through the mountain pass.  It was a vicious battle and we even lost one of our fellow travelers there.  Even the barmaid at the tavern told us of vicious bandits in the mountains.  If we move swiftly and quickly, we might be better off going around the mountains.  We don't want to lose any of you on this journey."

Lucia then looks at Cloud, Mystic, and Zenobia and says, "What do you guys think?  Should we let the magicians rest the night through?  What about going through the mountains?"

Adauwyr looks to Kane and says, "Doesn't matter much to me, just thought the Ladies would like to sleep some, to me a watch is a watch - a warrior is a warrior, when on watch you look and if you see something yopu wake the camp up."

Then he turns to Lucia, "Well we are glad you made it through alive, you are in charge you lead the way. Doesn't matter much to me. Though not just letting them sleep we should probably keep them between us while we travel also. I can't see them being much use as a shield mate.   maybe as a shield.  nahhh."

Zenobia looks at Lucia and says, "We are very close to the mountains but we don't know what we are going to face, last trip was a real battle. We should rest a lil bit and then find out another way to get through the mountains, any suggestions on how we are going to accomplish that?. Who ever feels very tired should say so now and sleep. I don't feel to sleep right now but I will  take the suggestion of  Kane and rest a bit while the men watch, then we can take turns."

Cloud looks at the group with a sense of confusion and says: "I'll go along with what you guys agree is best for us at this point in time."

Lucia looks at Mystic and says, "Ok, do you agree with the night watch?  What do you think we should do when we get to the mountains?  I remember you saying that we should find a different way.  I am thinking more of going around the mountains, what do you think?'

Mystic says, "Whatever for the night watch I'm more interested in not getting ambushed again. I think we should either go around the mountains or maybe go to the very top and scout it? I saw Zenobia attack some people in a cave before maybe there is something new there that can help us? That is if the cave is still there?"

Lucia says, "Ok, I am thinking more of going around the mountains.  It seems to easier, but also longer.  But as I said before, if we move swiftly, it shouldn't take us as long.  As for the night watch, I think it should be Adauwyr first, then myself, then Zenobia, and then Kane.  Cloud and Mystic, you will sleep through this night, but there will be other nights for you two to help keep the night watch."

Lucia turns to Mystic and says, "Scouting out the mountains sounds like a good idea, but we have little time to get the task done that Greaves has set out for us to do.  Possibly, we could scout out some of the mountain on our journey around them.  As for going back to where we battled the bandits, there is no garantees that anything would have been left.  I am sure by now, that their fellow bandits have already come and retrieved their fallen friends and their belongings."

The party talks much as the night air blows around bout' them. The moons above give light to the area. You realize that a lot of this planning should have been done before as you decide what you should do.

GM: Rather than relate what everyone says word for word in party order, it will be wise to put pertinent conversation as it relates to a final decision. Since all of you have said a lot above but yet it does not tell me what you are actually going to do right now. Utilize the camp for discussion as much as possible so that the party order is just the final decisions of everyone. Otherwise it gives the GM quite a lot of work to figure out what you are actually doing.

29th Aug, 2003 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario III 'Desolation' World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 5

The Game Master says...

Everyone agrees to go around the mountains, but lack of specific decisions as to which direction around the mountains leads to more indecision. Looking at the map you see you can go both East and West. You decide to have a better look at the map in the morning.

Lucia looks at everyone and says, "Ok, we are going around the mountains.  If we move swiftly, it shouldn't take us as long.  As for the night watch, it will be Adauwyr first, then myself, then Zenobia, and then Kane.  Cloud and Mystic, you will sleep through this night, but there will be other nights for you two to help keep the night watch."

The night passes without much events. The sun breaks light and all of you have eatten one day's rations. The day seems to be bright and sunny. You all gather in a circle around the wagon. You take out the map:

[center]user posted image[/center]

You are North of the mountain's opening near 'Death's Mouth'. Looking at the map you are able to get a better feel for your current challenge. If you go to the East then there is a similar opening in the mountains that you can travel through, or you can bypass this and go even further East and see where it leads. There seems to be no breaks in the mountains to the West. If you do not use the valleys to get to the South then eventually you will have to go over the mountains. Climbing the mountains will be difficult and of course a wagon and horse will not be able to follow. Decisions, decisions, but they are important you realize, being new to the life of an adventurer gets the better of you.

GM: Please be detailed on where you want to go as general answers do not point exact paths.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: [Medieval] Scenario III, 'Desolation'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,