[Medieval] Scenario II, 'The Scroll' - Page 2 of 5

Upon hearing these words, Kagan throws her - Page 2 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 31st Mar, 2003 - 5:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
24th Mar, 2003 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario II, 'The Scroll' - Page 2

The Game Master says...

Kagan looks at the man with a warm greeting on her face and says,

"Good day to you sir. Hunting you say?  No. Just five restless friends looking for something to do outside of this old village.  This place doesn't hold much excitement for our insatiable curiosities of what lies beyond."

The man replies with a smile,

"There is lots of good work for you in this here small Village, in fact (he points to Greaves home) Greaves was a looking for some adventurer tpes like you for a task he has. If you ask him he may give it to you."

The hunter then leans slightly towards you, puts his hand to his mouth in a cup so as to hide what he is saying and then says in a whisper,

"But don't let him intimidate you, he just does that so you do not ask for too much money."

He then chuckles and waves good-bye before you can say another word.

It is now 11:00am

Sponsored Links:
25th Mar, 2003 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Scroll The II Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

You watch the man walk away with his catch.

You then form your small circle again to talk when you hear the voice of Greaves,

"Wait, you be here still?! Get on with it already or do you not know which direction is South to the cave. I am not paying you to stand arround speaking with passers by!"

You try to figure out where his voice is coming from as the door to his home is closed. LadyMoab figures out that the walls of the home have slits with which air goes in and out (an intervention for windows). Kagan realises that Greaves has been watching them all this time because of his mention of the starnger passing by.

You look over at the house kind of startled by the fact you were being watched. You hear Greaves grumpy voice again,

"Well, you have legs, begin already!"

GM: it is now 11:15am

26th Mar, 2003 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario II, 'The Scroll' RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Kagan just glances at the direction of Greaves voice, gives a sigh of frustration, and then turns back to the group ignoring Greaves and says,

"All right, now that he is gone we get everything else in order. We are in agreeance that we will be getting the horses tonight and looking around the town during the day to make out our route, Right? Now we can split up and check out the village.  Your best bet is to stay near the homes, it isn't likely that any of the govrenment building and such will be holding any horses.  Let us all meet back here this evening at sundown and report what you have seen and then we will plan further.

Kagan pauses a moment and looks at Greaves hut out of the corner of her eye and says:

"On second thought let us meet at the tower and then I shall take you to my hut and we can plan there. I will feel more at ease not being watched. Don't make yourselves obvious. If there is an opportunity to trade do so while we are still in the village. Be casual. Now let's split up.  Lady Moab you go with Fion and Lupus and check out the southside of the village.  Zenobia and I will check out the east side. Remember to take a good look at your surroundings so that you know where you are going tonight."    

Kagan hen moves her hands and arms emphasizing her point and explains,

"I would ask that Zenobia and Lady come and help tonight but three is enough and too many helpers might be more trouble than help.  No offense meant, but you can help us by keeping an eye out for anything strange going on. Ready?"  

Fion turns to Kagan and says:

"Ready. A couple of things to look for. Locate where the horses are. Locate any possible problem to access- like dogs that may bark. No Stallions! Mares and geldings only. Note if the horses have tack handy. Also, if you see feed bags (nose bags) let me know about them also.
Lady Moab, I'm ready when you are."

Lupus says:

"Let us  go and prepare to steal.  I am ready."

The group splits up. Fion, Lupus and Lady going South and Zenobia and Kagan going east.

As Zenobia and Kagan start walking east they cross the front of Greaves house. Greaves door opens, Greaves steps to the arch of the doorway in a commanding manner and with hands on his hips asks,

"Why are you splitting up? Where are you going? How come you are not going South too?"

Greaves looks very perturbed. He raises his hand and motions to Kagan to come toward him in the same waya father would call a disobedient child.

Kagan starts wondering what to respond as Fion, Lupus and LadyMoab start to head towards the South with the intention of back tracking to the Village in the North.

26th Mar, 2003 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Scroll The II Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

Kagan walks over quickly to Greaves with a peturbed look as well. She sighs heavily thinking that if this old man was going to be so particular, he himself should go on the journey to get the scroll himself. As she is next to Greaves making sure there is a good small distance between them, She awaits his remarks expecting the reprimands and also directions on how this whole affair should be conducted. Greaves watches Kagan intently, noticing her displeasure and says,

"Okay, okay, what do you want?"  

Kagan looks at Greaves confused since he called her over. She thinks to herself it is the thirst for an adventure that drives Kagan to respond to such errands as this scroll not money.  What good is money when a good thief could have what he or she wants for the taking? Kagan begins to frown, her brow showing her frustration.

Greaves then pulls out a small pouch from his back and says,

"Alright! Alright! Take this and get going now, I want you to leave while it is day. I have to report good words to the Elders and I won't want telling them that you are here idle in the Village still."

Kagan takes the sack cautiously.

"Open it, open it then!", says Greaves.

Kagan still distrusting, opens the pouch in like manner. It reveals some gold pieces!

"Nothing more, nothing more, you have there fifteen gold pieces!"

Greaves then hands a note to you that is sealed with gum. He says to go immediately to Loric in the Village and give it to him. He explains how to get to Lorics place, and you believe you know where it is...

Greaves then raises one eyebrow and says, "I hope ye be warriors of your word and make haste for the benefit of the Village and yourselves."

Kagan, dumbfounded by all stays still as Greaves withdraws to his hut in the same manner as always. Kagan looks at Zenobia, who shrugs her shoulders. Kagan then moves her eyes toward the south, Fion, Lupus and LadyMoab have not reached far. They are still within the sound of your voice. You ponder if you should call them about Greaves 'new' task.

GM: You need to decide what you will do now. It is 11:30am.

28th Mar, 2003 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Scroll The II Scenario Medieval

The Game Master says...

Kagan looks at Zenobia with a bewildered look on her face and then asks her to go get the others.

Fortunately Fion was within earshot and heard the exchange. Still muttering to himself about the proposed fate of the grouchy old man, he came back over.

Kagan slowly approaches the group and says:

"I hate to put off our plans but I think that we should all go together.  We need to go and find Loric.  The name is a bit familiar and I think I know where to locate him."

Fion grumbles, Lupus sighs heavy, Zenobia presses her lips firmly together and LadyMoab rolls her eyes and then twists her mouth.

You travel back to the Village quickly trying not to waste much time. LadyMoabs' five little birds are flying around their cage excitedly.

With a few directions you find Loric's place. It looks like a stable. There are a few young men working around the yard and grooming some of the horses. You watch each other and then Kagan steps forward saying,

"Good day, we are in need of a fellow called, 'Loric'. Do you know where he may be?"

The young boys whisper to themselves after scrutinizing your dress and weapons and other items all over your body. One of the boys says,

"We know of Loric, who seeks him?"

Kagan explains that Greaves has sent a message for him, she then raises her hand to show the note with gum.

One of the boys seeing the gum seal raises his brow in excitement and runs off. Kagan wonders about the strange behavior of the boys as a man comes into the yard where you stand with the boy who ran off (apparently to go get him).

"I be Loric, who has need of me?"

Kagan greets Loric, a man that looks like he has worked hard in his day and is now weary in years is before you. LadyMoab figures that the boys work to assist him. She coughs at the scent of horse dung. Loric inspects the gum and then opens the note carefully. He reads. His head still tilted downward reading the note Loric's eyes come up only to see Kagan's eyes, he then glances towards the rest of the group without adjusting his head from its downward position and now focuses his eyes again towards the note and reads more. Kagan begins to wonder now what is in that note. LadyMoab is familiar with such notes. The gum is a credit of the author and that the same author has sealed it and if it has been opened by the handler the receiver would know.

Loric says, "Wait here" he then goes into a part of the stable while asking for two of the boys to follow him.

GM: It is now 11:45am. Say what you choose to do, wait, leave, or whatever else you would like to do. The group is becoming hungry.

28th Mar, 2003 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario II, 'The Scroll'

The Game Master says...

Mutiny at Lorics Place

"Ah, I have better things to do, this is not adventure enough for me! I get more pleasure in hunting rodents!" says Fion with a face of disgust. He puts his hands down in a wav motion so as to suggest that he is through with the group. He turns around and walks off leaving the rest of the party with their brows up and eyes looking at one another for expression.

Kagan starts to wonder what is wrong with her decisions thus far that has caused this disfavor. She begins to wonder if the rest of the party feels this way. She looks to see if Loric has come back yet, but he has not.

GM: It is now 11:50am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Mar, 2003 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario II 'The Scroll' - Page 2

The Game Master says...

The group looks up at the sky, it is getting hot now, it is almost noon, the rain clouds of earlier have now passed and you are awaiting Horlic who returns with his hands on his hips. One of the young men is behind him with a horse that is saddled only with the bere necessary....

"I hope you will make good on this and bring me back what is owed to me. I am doing all of this on Greaves word since I do not know you."

You are confussed now by what Loric is talking about.

Kagan responds in a manner as though she knows what Loric is speaking of and she says...

"Ummm, yes sir, what shall we have for you?"

Loric replies that all comes up to 300 gold pieces. He then squints and looks Kagan squarely in the eye...

"You will pay this back when?"

Kagan is still dumbfounded by hearing 300 gold pieces and begins to wonder what is going on...

GM: Decide what you want to do...

31st Mar, 2003 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Scenario II 'The Scroll' World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 2

The Game Master says...

Upon hearing these words, Kagan throws her hands down looks at Zenobia and says,

"Zenobia, you are in charge, I fear this is too much for me and must re-think my position."

Kagan then walks slowly away, her head down. LadyMoab starts to stutter and says to Kagan,

"Wait for me"

LadyMoab quickly dashes off with Kagan while looking at your face for expression.

Zenobia and Lupus now look at each other. They are amazed at how quickly the party has fallen apart. They wonder if they can handle it since Greaves required five of them. Lupus is not sure what to do, his sould being so low he waits to see what Zenobia instructs.

Loric has a confused look on his face as he watches Kagan and LadyMoad walk away, He then says,

"So you will not be needing five horses then, but two?"

Loric then starts to make some additions in his mind while his eyes roll left to right watching the sky as though it were a blackboard for his calculations. he then blurts out,

"That be 120 gold pieces for the horses and saddle sthen. You will owe me this in two weeks. Are ye of thine words?"

Zenobia then understands why he was charging 300 gold pieces, it was the price of five horses. Zenobia looks at Lupus with a questioning look.

GM: Decide what you will do now. You have several decisions before you. You are only two, Greaves expects five, what will you do? You can try to hire, you can choose not to tell Greaves and just go or something else. You also need to decide what you will tell Loric and if you accept the terms for the horses. Remember that he is only 'helping' you based on Greaves' note.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: [Medieval] Scenario II, 'The Scroll'

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,