Mormon Revernce In Church Meetings

Mormon Revernce Church Meetings - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2015 - 5:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Parents Teach Reverence Through Example
Post Date: 10th Aug, 2009 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Parents Teach Reverence through Example
Mormon Doctrine / Teachings

"We can exemplify reverence as we pray humbly, use the proper language of prayer, and speak the names of Deity appropriately. We can handle the scriptures with respect and teach doctrine from them with conviction." Respect and Reverence, Ensign, May 2009, 12

Related Topic: Am I Reverent?

Sponsored Links:
17th Apr, 2014 - 11:12am / Post ID: #

Meetings Church Revernce Mormon

How is Reverence in the Church meetings in your Ward/Branch? In my Branch is very irreverent, kids are running up and down without supervision, adults talking constantly while class is going on and the general atmosphere is loud.

17th Apr, 2014 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Revernce In Church Meetings Studies Doctrine Mormon

I have to say in Sacrament the reverence is awesome, during priesthood and Sunday school we get relaxed and start joking around about things. Overall we are pretty reverent.

18th Apr, 2014 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

I think overall we have a pretty good sense of reverence during Sacrament itself and most of the meeting.

It could always be better I think before and after the meeting though. If people come early, the get their seats and socialize and I am guilty of that too, I just try to be more aware of it. Now we go at 9 am so I am lucky if I make it there on time, but we will get better. From 1pm to 9am is a big change.

Also, when Sacrament is over and it is time to go to the next class people hang around which causes irreverence in the next classes when they have to interrupt to come in late. The hallways aren't very reverent I guess because there are children being told not to run all the time.

Our Sunday School and R. S. Classes are reverent though--we like Zelph mentioned, loosen up a bit more there but it is still reverent, possibly because the kids are in primary!

18th Apr, 2014 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

In my ward [reverence] is pretty ok, we could do better but overall the Spirit is always present.

8th Oct, 2015 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Its been a long time since I sat in a sacrament meeting with full attention on what was happening at the podium without being distracted by irreverence from both adults and children. I once attended a singles ward where there weren't any children and it was the quietest meeting I ever attended!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Mormon Revernce In Church Meetings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,