Atheists Not To Be Feared!

Atheists Feared! - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 15th Dec, 2003 - 11:45pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 3 37 141 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »
New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2003 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Cyotie
A Friend

Atheism

We are not to be feared... We are not people who worship the devil and can't stand when people think that. We are just people who don't believe that there is a god or a devil. We are still people who have morals... (At least most of us) and know right from wrong. Don't judge us without getting to know us and don't preach and try to change us please... Feel free to write your comments, questions, and feelings on this matter.. Hope to see lots of posts...
Post Date: 1st Dec, 2003 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + G.I. Jane
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Avg: 0.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 21.7%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 182

Feared To Atheists

Often I find that atheists are more agnostic than athiest. Another interesting thing is I haven't really ever known a senior citizen who claimed to be athiest. Seems like as we get closer to death we can't accept the no God concept.

My father used to say all the time that he was an athiest and didn't believe in God. Now he is older he doesn't say that anymore. I am not saying he is now a religious person, just that he now apparently believes in God.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2003 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

Cyotie
A Friend

Atheists Not To Be Feared! Beliefs Religious General

I will have to say that I am actually a true athiest (don't believe in god)although I do realize that there are a lot of people that say they are athiests and are actually agnostic. I know that for a lot of people, as they get older they want to have some hope in there life so it makes it easier for them to believe. Thanks for your input...
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2003 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Avg: 1.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 35.5%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 300

Feared To Atheists

It's an interesting idea that people fear atheists -- I hadn't heard this before. I never have feared atheists -- and at one time thought that I was one (but I was just going through a phase :) ) I'm glad to know that you, personally, still value a moral lifestyle!

One of my nephews decided to become an atheist after, as he put it, serious prayer and study. Since he never got what he believed was an answer to sincere prayer, and he read many many books that deny the existence of God, he came to the conclusion that God does not exist.

How did you come to be an atheist?

Roz

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2003 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,320
Avg: 3.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 927.23 FP
Charm: 331

Feared To Atheists

It's an interesting idea that people fear atheists -- I hadn't heard this before.

I don't know if the word is 'fear' but most people see atheists like devil worshipers or something so forbidden that they don't even want to talk about. Maybe Cyotie here can tell us since when he's an atheist. I have never met one who was an atheist all his life.

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2003 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,859
Avg: 8.5 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 2,946.50 FP
Charm: 325

Here are my rants about the topic;

Nothing personal at all, just my opinion

1. In the UK (where I served my mission) the number one religion is atheism which commands 80% of the population believe it or not, so i can say I am 'versed' in meeting people of this belief system.

2. I do not fear atheists, I feel sorry for them, since it is not a matter of science as much as closing themselves to the unseen, spiritual part.

3. Atheism is in fact dangerous, because since the belief system bases itself on no God then that would mean no morals, no deliberation of right from wrong. 'Right' and 'Wrong' is based on majority and the ability to enforce the majority's desire.

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2003 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Cyotie
A Friend

Atheists To Feared!

Hey, What's up everyone....
Sorry that I haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks but it is because that I was out of town visiting my mother and she doesn't have a comp....

3. Atheism is in fact dangerous, because since the belief system bases itself on no God then that would mean no morals, no deliberation of right from wrong. 'Right' and 'Wrong' is based on majority and the ability to enforce the majority's desire.

Just because I am an Atheist doesn't mean that I don't have any morals... It just means that I don't share the religious beliefs that some people do. I still know right from wrong in the sense that I wouldn't go around killing people and stealing and things like that.... I consider myself to have a good heart and always try to help people in need. I don't hesitate to help a stranded motorist or give money to charities. I don't do this because I am religious. I do it because it feels right and makes me feel good.

I don't know if the word is 'fear' but most people see atheists like devil worshipers or something so forbidden that they don't even want to talk about. Maybe Cyotie here can tell us since when he's an atheist. I have never met one who was an atheist all his life.

That is a common misconception that people have. Atheist's are not devil worshipers. Satanist are another totally different group of people. They are a group of people that do believe in God and Satan but choose not to follow the religious ways of good.

Farseer: To answer your question of how did I become an Atheist... Well have believed it when I started to learn about religion. My parents had me go to Catholic school from 1st through 6th grade and I just never believed anything that they said and never believed that there was a higher power at work, so to say.

I hope that this will clear up my views for everyone. Everyone has can have there own opinion and I fully believe in that. I just hope that people don't judge me before they know me.
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2003 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,859
Avg: 8.5 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 2,946.50 FP
Charm: 325

Atheists To Feared!

No one is judging you here.

I still know right from wrong in the sense that I wouldn't go around killing people and stealing and things like tha

I do not doubt that you may have morals, but because you claim to not believe in a Supreme being I would have to ask what gives you those morals? If you say society, then who gave it to them, etc?

Offtopic but,
Please check the FAQ board for a thread about offtopic and quotes so you can know how to do it. You may also wish to update your profile. Thanks.

Guest please SHARE: "Atheists Not To Be Feared!" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »
Sponsored Links:

Topics like "Atheists Not To Be Feared!" may just be one of many, do use the Search to find more
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Atheists Not To Be Feared!

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

World Issues

USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By Abnninja 7 Hours Ago
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Abnninja 2.1 Days Ago
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 2.5 Days Ago
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Abnninja 1 Week Ago
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By KNtoran 8th Sep, 2017 - 6:47pm
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Abnninja 8th Sep, 2017 - 3:18pm
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By SxyTeenGirl 7th Sep, 2017 - 5:48pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Stem 7th Sep, 2017 - 5:01pm
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By Bountyhunter 7th Sep, 2017 - 4:17pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 17th Dec, 2016 - 12:39am