Australia Floods - Page 2 of 4

In the belly of a roaring beast Local Australia - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2011 - 12:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Australian Floods Queensland Floods - Flooding
Post Date: 11th Jan, 2011 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Australia Floods - Page 2

Brisbane flood to be worst in 118 years

At least 100,000 homes and businesses could be without power from this morning and thousands of people face evacuation as Queensland's flood disaster hits Brisbane. Ref. Source 2

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2011 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Floods Australia

No end to deadly nightmare
Australia Tours Local Australia News

The worst flood in decades is expected to spread further into suburban and central Brisbane in the early hours of this morning.
Source: The Sydney Morning Herald National Headlines

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2011 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Australia Floods History & Civil Business Politics

Queensland floods: 'Tough breed' refuse to panic

Flood levees protecting the Queensland border town of Goondiwindi are being severely tested as the Macintyre River peaks to a record level - less than 15 centimetres from the top of the levees. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2011 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Floods Australia

Flood victims battle mess, bureaucracy

New Zealanders living in Australia caught up in the devastating floods may not be eligible for relief. Ref. Source 2

15th Jan, 2011 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Floods Australia

My heart broke when I read the story of Jordan Rice, a 13 year old boy who realized not all of his family could be saved and ended up making the ultimate sacrifice, in asking one of the rescuers to save his brother first.

international QUOTE
Jordan Rice was only 13, but when he realized not all of his family could be saved, he ended up making the ultimate sacrifice.

As floodwaters rushed up around him and his family, the Toowoomba, Australia, boy -- who was afraid of the water -- made a decision that would cost him his life: His little brother should be rescued first. Rice and his mother were swept away and drowned in the country's massive floods this week.

"Jordan can't swim and is terrified of water," his father, John Tyson, told the Toowoomba Chronicle. "But when the man went to rescue him, he said 'save my brother first.'"

Tyson said he was heartbroken but proud of his son. "I can only imagine what was going on inside to give up his life to save his brother, even though he was petrified of water. He is our little hero...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2011 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Australia Floods

Death toll climbs as floods spread

Victoria faces its worst floods in 100 years as the death toll in Queensland climbs to 18. Ref. Source 7

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jan, 2011 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Australia Floods - Page 2

They're experiencing a terrible mess out there. I wonder if it was as bad as when it hit New Orleans? There were some clips of people bathing in the water but if I'm not wrong that's one of the worst things you can do because the water could contain many diseases.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2011 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Australia Floods Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

In the belly of a roaring beast
Australia Tours Local Australia News

BY MID-AFTERNOON the streets of Cairns were virtually empty. Those who dared to venture out scurried, backs bent against the wind and rain.
Source: The Sydney Morning Herald National Headlines

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Australia Floods

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,