Four Races On An Island - Page 4 of 4

QUOTE (slin2678) I read the first page and - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 20th Apr, 2006 - 12:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
If we started all over again would it turn out to be the same? Does race affect decisions?
2nd Mar, 2004 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Four Races On An Island - Page 4

LDS, I think you are exactly right. In fact, even within the US, one country with many climates, we find that life is much slower paced in the warmer climates than it is in the colder ones.

Interesting theories both. I agree with cookie's evaluation of how the races ended up dark and light based upon where they live. That is what I was trying to say, but she did it so much clearer than I. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2005 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Four Races On An Island
A Friend

Island On Races Four

This question caught my eye some time ago, but I really had to think about it for awhile since it is a fully loaded question.

There is no way to know how things would turn out. There is no possible way to know if one race would dominate another or which race would be stronger. The reason behind this is that the nature of races in our current world is bent and warped by culture and religion. Consider the middle east as a good example. Many of middle easterners have a stereotype of being war mongers and terrorists. But this stigma didnt come about until the advent of Islam. And, as with all religions, there are those that chose to take it to far. What would have been the climate in the middle east if Mohammed would have taught Buddism? The point here is not to bash Islamics, I have read the Koran and firmly believe that most Islamic peoples are peace loving and follow what the heart of what the Koran is teaching. But, as a humans, our prejudices, biases, even hatreds stem from our social and cultural upbringing which, in most countries, has been heavily influenced by the religion of the majority of a countries people.

I think a good question to ponder about this situation is how would they develop culturally, socially, and religiously. How well they get along after the island is divided up depends a lot on what kind of of resources they have. If one race gets stuck with dry non-productive soil, then they are more likely, by human nature, to try and take what another race has or even conquerer the other race. Current conditions in the world will not be the same on the island so to say that white people or black people or who ever will be a warring nation assumes that race breeds this type of behavior and it doesn't. Culture and society bred hate, race doesn't bred hate.

21st Dec, 2005 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Four Races On An Island Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

This is a really intriguing question, I believe that if these 4 couples are placed on the island with no preconceived notions at all, no history, no culture, no religion, no nothing. Then I believe that they would have no reason to be violent. I believe there would be peace all together, each couple developing into a family, then a group, then a tribe, then a nation. Technology would develope rather slowly at first, with all cultures developing at basically the same rate. Then someone would run out of room. Then the fighting starts. As the fighting continues technology veritably explodes with advancements. Borders may shift and change, but I don't think any one race would be able to dominate over any other without any sort of technological advantage.

As far as interracial relationships go, I think that these couples would at first not interbreed at all, simply because they would rather keep what culture they developed, interbreeding would not start until later when there are so many people of a particular race that it is not seen as a loss of culture. I think that after many, many, many, many, many years, we would see, barring some sort of religious armageddon, one race after all, one in which all cultures have mingled and now nothing is left of any of the parent races.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2006 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Four Races On An Island
A Friend

Page 4 Island On Races Four

I read the first page and then skipped to the third page so I don't know if anyone has brought this up on the second page but....

I found it interesting that part of the initial assumption was the island was going to be divided up. If these four races were on the island, with no preconceived boundaries, is it human nature to band with those who are like us and establish borders?

I would think not since there is no history or culture to have any predetermined notions. The four races would see the others as equals and, more likely than not, in my opinion, begin a society or community together because we are social animals by nature. The chances of everyone surviving increases if they band together (I.e. the Native Americans and the European Settlers...until the Europeans got stabilized and began killing the natives...but that's another thread probably).

20th Apr, 2006 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Island On Races Four

QUOTE (slin2678)
I read the first page and then skipped to the third page...

It is often a big mistake to do this as Discussion here is progressive and not random.

I found it interesting that part of the initial assumption was the island was going to be divided up.

This may be your writing style, but I notice you have a knack for avoiding the original purpose of the Thread. This is a imaginative situation based on the points of the first Post. Answer the questions with your perspective, you will also notice the second page has even more progressive questions with a specific purpose - in other words - have a good read, then stick with the subject.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Four Races On An Island

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,