Four Races On An Island - Page 2 of 4

I do not know if I can post all my thoughts - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 11th Dec, 2003 - 4:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
If we started all over again would it turn out to be the same? Does race affect decisions?
5th Dec, 2003 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Four Races On An Island - Page 2

Tenaheff then we must now discuss these points based on your answer:

1. Why did darker races inherit hotter climates and fair races the colder lands?
2. Why are aliances mostly made through same or similar racial relations rather than very different ones?
3. Why did it turn out that the races in the colder regions seem to develop faster (in the end) than the ones in the hot regions(that developed faster in the beginning)?

Sponsored Links:
10th Dec, 2003 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Island On Races Four

1. Why did darker races inherit hotter climates and fair races the colder lands?
I am not sure this is entirely true. I think it is possible some of this evolved. For example, we all started out in the same place - the garden of eden. We spread from there. Especially at the Tower of Babel. Now, coloring is a matter of pigmentation. I particular chemical - I think melantonin (sp) colors the skin. It is warm in Israel, but most natives to that area aren't black. They are darker than Irish people though who live on a colder climate, less sunny island, but still caucasion. I notice that when I lived in the south and spent a lot of time in the sun, I didn't fade as white each year as the previous so my natural coloring became a bit darker. Now, I am in the North again and over the course of time, I may be paler, but even still not as pale as when I was a child.

2. Why are aliances mostly made through same or similar racial relations rather than very different ones?
People are comfortable with people like themselves. Also, prejudices are learned behaviors that continue through generations. I don't think it is in-bred though.

3. Why did it turn out that the races in the colder regions seem to develop faster (in the end) than the ones in the hot regions(that developed faster in the beginning)?
I don't think this had anything to do with color. My opinion on this could be religious in nature. Perhaps the darkest skinned were of Cain's ancestry. They probably would not have been as blessed by the Lord as other's of Adam's children. This could explain some of the differences. God's chosen people were the Jews. They are mideastern\caucasion. Maybe by being his chosen people they were blessed more than others and so developed at a faster pace. This is just a loose theory.

10th Dec, 2003 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Four Races On An Island Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

For #1 you are saying that it was something in par with evolution?

For #2 that may be true since children together will often play with anyone, even a dragon.

For #3 I was mostly thinking of Egypt which was the 'Rome' of the world, they ruled with 'modern miracles' (pyramids) for centuries while the rest of the world, even Israel were still moving in tents, looking for food, etc.

10th Dec, 2003 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Island On Races Four

#1, yes. I do believe in some form of evolution. I don't believe we evolved from monkeys, but I think some things evolve as a part of natural selection, survival of the fittest, etc.

#3, from where do the original Egyptians hail. In other words, Ishmael or Isaac? If not from one of them, then earlier than that, do you know which of Adam's children, etc. I still think it could be tied to blessings.

10th Dec, 2003 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Island On Races Four

I do believe a species can evolve within itself, but not to another species. To say that man evolved from 'white' to 'black' (assuming that Adam and Eve were the Blonde / Blue eyes look rather than the Middle East look) would be far fetched. I am sure it had something to do with Babel. However, I do not know if it is right to dominate this based on Biblical aspects since this affects all peoples.

Have you seen or read... 'Lord of the Flies'?

Offtopic but,

Egypt was formed out of tribal families that lived within the same area. For many years they were like the Huns (fighting amongst themselves and attacking surrounding nations) until the people began to take on many races and cultures of those they governed, then talk of a the religious aspects of having a Pharaoh began to lead them. Exact line from Noah I do not know, I believe that would be Ham with a mixture of many nations mostly out of Africa, Middle East and some Greek-Tribal influences.

10th Dec, 2003 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Four Races On An Island

However, I do not know if it is right to dominate this based on Biblical aspects since this affects all peoples.

I understand your concern, but I don't see a problem with my speaking from religious terms since this is how I believe we came to be and therefore, in my opinion, this would be central to how we evolved. I cannot offer explanations on this issue from any other view because I think who we are and from where we "evolved" is all directly related to God. I do not want to offend anyone or cause anyone who is non-religious to refrain from participating in this thread. In fact, if another person wants to take up this issue and offer their own beliefs, that would be fine with me and I would enjoy reading their opinion. smile.gif

I do not believe a man evolved from White to Black, but I think it is possible from a pale caucasion to what we might consider hispanic or mediteranean. Many olive skinned people come from warm areas in the world and I think this could have to do with evolution.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 10th Dec, 2003 - 9:51pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Dec, 2003 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Four Races On Island - Page 2

Hey JB, I have posted my thoughts. What about yours. What do you think the answers are to your questions? You ask some very controversial questions, I "took the bait." biggrin.gif Now, I would like your beliefs. smile.gif

11th Dec, 2003 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Four Races On Island Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

I do not know if I can post all my thoughts here simply because of the limitations of words. However I will just place some points, which are pieces of my ideas...

First I think that the darker nations had a culture that surrounded the caste system, which involved selling or belittling their own people. For instance the slaves were not stolen, but bought from African chiefs. In India the caste system of skin color and sex judges a person's worth.
Staying in a hot country enabled 'easier' living because there was no reason to build large structures or worry about finding fuel for heat, thus progress was slow. In the colder climates it seems that although the cultures were brutal and unforgiving they were willing to do this to everyone else and not their own as in the darker races. They lived in cold climates that forced men to build large structures of stone and look for ways to get heat. Thus in the beginning for me the darker races used strong oppressive movements on their own race to bring about advancement and the lighter skinned nations used other races and the environment to bring about their own technologies.

Offtopic but,
My questions induce posting wink.gif I would post more if I had more time.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Four Races On An Island

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,