Doppelganger Theories - Page 2 of 3

I have always found it to be an interesting - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 21st Jun, 2005 - 12:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Identical, similar or just chance?
Doppelganger Theories Related Information to Doppelganger Theories
  • Stem Cell Research - Religious Perspective
  • Human Cloning - Stem Cell Research
  • Christopher Reeve - Last Days of Battle
  • Catholic View on Life
  • Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2004 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Doppelganger Theories
    A Friend

Doppelganger Theories - Page 2

Are there any actual documented cases of people who look exactly alike, yet are not identical twins? I'm not looking for the paranormal accounts of doppelgangers, but rather any scientific evidence showing that, sometimes, two unrelated people just look exactly alike.
    Thanks!

Sponsored Links:
    Post Date: 27th Feb, 2005 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Doppelganger Theories
    A Friend

Theories Doppelganger

This is very strange. I am sitting here working on my online math quizzes, and the lesson is on Crossing Curves. In order to find out whether or not a network has a crossing curve, you have to make a doppleganger graph.

Personally, I don't think we have an exact twin roaming the earth, unless of course you were born a twin. I have a friend at my old college, and people constantly got us mixed up because we "looked alike." Honestly, our features don't look anything alike. We both just happen to be pale, have freckles, wear glasses, have dark hair of relatively the same length. Other than that, we looked nothing alike.

I believe that God made us all different, and we eac have our own distict characteristics about our appearance.

I've met people who had very similiar personalities, and based on that alone, we easily could have been "twins." Of course, she was a black girl and I'm about as white as snow.

15th Apr, 2005 - 12:38pm / Post ID: #

Doppelganger Theories UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Well I guess it is bound to happen, but of course I think we can safely say that they look very similar rather than exact since life has it so that we grow up differently, think and eat in various ways and all this affects the way we look.

I believe there are lots of similar looking people rather than exact duplicate as jb said. I always have people coming up to me saying that I remind them of someone they know. I don't know if it was just a cheesy line or the truth but for the most part I jut feel reluctant that I am similar to a lot of people on this earth. I also believe that there is an exact duplicate of myself somewhere in the world who would do as I would but not exactly speak the same language or have the exact same features because it is extremely unlikely.

15th Apr, 2005 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Theories Doppelganger

Glyphfury: I believe there are lots of similar looking people rather than exact duplicate as jb said.

Where do you see me say that they are exact duplicates? Maybe you are reading too quickly? I even have a message saying they are similar and not exact duplicates.

16th Apr, 2005 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Theories Doppelganger

Where do you see me say that they are exact duplicates? Maybe you are reading too quickly? I even have a message saying they are similar and not exact duplicates.

I apologize for my bad grammar, but I was agreeing with you that there are similar looking people around the world and not exact duplicates. I need to reread what I put in my messages before I post them for now on and make sure it is what I meant to put rather than a misunderstanding once more. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Post Date: 27th May, 2005 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Doppelganger Theories
    A Friend

Doppelganger Theories

I would not be surprised that there might be people out thee who are similar to others. I often wonder if the term Doppelganger was not first used when twins were born?

There is also the theory of alterative timeline, that might if it is proven explain or create occurences of Doppelganers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
    Post Date: 20th Jun, 2005 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Doppelganger Theories
    A Friend

Doppelganger Theories - Page 2

I wouldn't blame it on god persay I would just say that these insanely rare coincidenses that come because of gentics. basically the same idea as the god running out of ideas thing ....you can only have so many combinatons untill you are forced to make a replica

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2005 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Doppelganger Theories
    A Friend

Doppelganger Theories Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I have always found it to be an interesting theory. I can't say if I agree with it or not... I have seen people who remind me so much of someone I know that it compels me to say that I do believe it. However, looking like someone and having a complete mimic of someone are two different things.

Considering if all things were equal and it was true, do you think that the duplicates could jump ethnic groups?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Doppelganger Theories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
    Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
    This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,