Jamaica Genealogy - Page 3 of 4

Name: Pauline Country: Title: Rattrays of - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 13th Sep, 2011 - 10:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Jamaica family history Jamaica Roots
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy - Page 3

Name: Christine

Comments: Anne Rattray was the Slave wife Of William Gordon he Had 2 other wives also my family are ancestors of George William its a long story but I am trying to get me head round it myself Feel free to reply.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Jamaica

Name: Elaine

Comments: hi all my family are in St Anns they are Rattray you need to go to greifield district because when the land was being split up for the bauxite they all moved there and got the government land. hope this helps you may even be related.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: Gwen

Comments: Hi Elaine, thanks for your comments. I'm sorry it has taken so long in getting back to this site, I got a new computer and lost my bookmarks so I had a time finding this site again.
This is what I have come up with so far:my Great-grandfather's parents were John and Sarah Jane Rattray, they lived in Retirement St Ann at the time of my G-Gfather birth in 1865, his name was Joseph Levy Rattray. Some other siblings were Catherine, Elizabeth and Matilda (there may have been more but that's all I came across so far.
Joseph married Adeline McFarlane (my great grandmother who was from Caledonia, St Ann). They had two children Muriel (my grandmother) and William who moved to Canada in the early 1900's.
I know just about nothing about Joseph (except that he was into horse racing and "women") and the other Rattrays, I would like to remedy this.
We might be related as you say, wouldn't that be grand.

Source 1: birth certificates, marriage liscences, etc

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Genealogy Jamaica

Name: Michele

I am researching - Mary Louisa Reid who married Thomas Wilson Hall, lived in Savanna la Mar.
John Llewellyn Balfour born in Panama but lived in Montego Bay.
Woolnough who married Alice Jane Hall who lived in Kingston.

Any information however small would be very welcome. It is difficult to get information because the records are not on line.

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2011 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Jamaica

Name: Test

Comments: Currently in the process of researching the Rattray lineage as well. How can I get in touch with the previous posters also inquiring about that name?

9th Feb, 2011 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy

The Jamaica Genealogy Thread is meant to allow you to share your genealogy findings rather than contact someone. Just put what you have so far or what specific date / name you are looking for and if someone has it then they can share it with you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2011 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy - Page 3

Name: Test

Comments: Thanks for the reply - what I have so far is over 250 Rattrays in Jamaica with birth dates raging from the early 1800s to the 1920s.

It's my intention to attempt to tie all these Rattrays together as best as I can to see where we all stemmed from. I've found Rattrays born in Hanover, Trelawny, Kingston, Manchester a couple in Clarendon and finally, St. Ann (Alexandria) - where my father is from.

But I'm trying to get to the root of where it all began. I'm also working with a genealogist who has much more expertise than I do on this type of research.

One thing I know is that there were a LOT of Rattrays back then! I believe my great grandfather John T. Rattray had at least 10 children based on my reading/findings/Baptism records etc.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2011 - 10:12am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Name: Pauline

Title: Rattrays of Jamaica

Comments: My great grandmother was Susan Rattray from Retirement, St Ann Jamaica. She would most likely have been born in the mid 1800s. Don't know the names of her parents. She had three daughters Leanora, Essie and I can't recall the other daughter's name but I was told she had a very successful beauty parlour in Kingston.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Jamaica Genealogy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,