Jamaica Genealogy - Page 2 of 4

Name: GClarke Comments: You can get information - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Jamaica family history Jamaica Roots
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy - Page 2

Name: Nonpareilreid

Comments: Thank you for the kind words, I'm actually trying to figure out where to find the birth and death records in Jamaica.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Jamaica

Name: Kaedee

Comments: I saw your message, my family are descendants of Reids of NonPreil Westmoreland, and are still living in Nonpreil my mom said that our roots were amongst others Scottish, how far have you got in your search

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Comments: Well most say NOMPRELL

I've gone back to when Westmoreland was still considered to be St Elizabeth.

Who is your mom and ask her who owns the big house just over looking the golf course?

Shoot me an email,I lost the link to this site and just found it a few minutes ago. I have a lot of the Reid history .

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Genealogy Jamaica

Name: Kaedee

Comments: I'm living in the uk England and my sis laughed at me too!
My mom lives just down the road from the golf course by the hair shop and last time I was in JA some kind of car shop. My mom told me when I was younger that my grandfathers name was Martin Luther Reid, I do believe she has family Milli and a Faye.

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Genealogy Jamaica

Comments: Well all I can say is,nice to meet you my cousin. I was talking to Dionne today and he kinda clued me in as to where the link was. My mother gave me so much info when I was little sorry I could not remember everything. You're from Charlie Reid's bloodline,he was the brother of my great grandfather Albert Edward Reid (Uncle Dennis's father).

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy

Name: Quest22

Comments: NonpareilReid & JoePublic,

I am a descendant of Martin Luther Reid. He is my maternal great grandfather. Information regarding his children is not fully accurate... he has few more children who were not listed. In particular, my grandmother whose name is Louise Reid of Mount Airy (however, I'm pretty sure that's not the name listed on her birth certificate). In addition, there is "Aunt Cynthia" and "Aunt Isa" were not listed.

Where are you guys living? How have you been able to reach back so far? I'd love to learn more as I am just beginning my genealogical quest.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy - Page 2

Name: Joe

Comments: How does one go about getting a birth certificate in this country if you are not residing in Jamaica?

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2011 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Jamaica Genealogy Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Name: GClarke

Comments: You can get information for Jamaican birth certificates here: Source 8

I am researching McFarlane, Rattray family in St Ann, Jamaica.
I have some first hand information I got from my great grandmother (who died in 1961)about herself and her siblinlgs, she also told of her parents William & Eleanor (Wiggon/Wiggan) McFarlane, however she did not speak of her grandparents although her mother used to be a slave in her younger days. Her father William had a brother possibly John and maybe a sister, this is where I have drawn a blank. I did order a film of the parish records from LDS, but most of it was illegible, also a few other useful sites including: ellisisland. com
I see this is a new list, so sending good wishes for its growth.
G. Clarke
PS. I hope this post is in the right place.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Jamaica Genealogy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,