Mormon Sisters Working? - Page 6 of 6

Both. Just recently in my ward, a young stay - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Jul, 2014 - 4:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 6 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: Do you feel the mother of the home should work?
  Yes, I see nothing wrong with it       39.29%
  Yes, Only if it is absolutely necessary       50.00%
  Yes, but part-time only       0.00%
  Yes, if the husband wants it       0.00%
  No, a mother should be home       10.71%
  No, women should be home       0.00%
Total Votes: 28
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The provider at home. Should the husband / father be the sole bread winner? Controversial Mormon Issue.
15th Jul, 2011 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Sisters Working? - Page 6

Thanks for answering Pianomom. The reason I asked is because I know a couple of moms who think forcing a child to go on a mission is the right thing to do and it bothers me. If a child doesn't want to serve, it is his/her choice and they shouldn't be forced just like President Kimball in your quote:

international QUOTE
While there is no compulsion for him to do any of these things, he should do them for his own good.

Now going back to the topic, I was glad to hear one of the talks in the last General Conference where one the sisters said that we shouldn't judge one another and she mentioned sisters who work! I was extremely happy for that.

Sponsored Links:
15th Jul, 2011 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Working Sisters Mormon

The way I look at spouses working; the primary duties of one spouse are the secondary duties of the other spouse. So each is responsible to support the other in their duties and if one falls, to even pick up the slack as much as possible.

16th Jul, 2011 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

Mormon Sisters Working? Studies Doctrine Mormon

In this economy some families need to be realistic. In a perfect world the ideal will be mom at home baking pumpkin pie but it isn't like that. Sometimes the ingredients for that pumpkin pie is more than the family can afford, so mom needs to work to help. You can try to paint a pretty picture around it but its as simple as that.

6th Jul, 2014 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Working Sisters Mormon

1. By saying that both the husband and the wife are the providers for the temporal needs of the family, it does not necessarily follow, does it, that both provide for the temporal needs of the family in the same way? In other words, maybe the father brings home the bacon, and the wife cooks it.

2. That may depend upon individual cases. Does the husband expect his wife to work outside the home in order to provide luxuries for the family or necessities?

3. That is not according to the Lord's instructions.

6th Jul, 2014 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Working Sisters Mormon

Both.

Just recently in my ward, a young stay home mom has to go now and get a job after her husband was diagnosed with a disease that won't allow him to work anymore.

+  « First of 6 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Mormon Sisters Working?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,