Mormon Sisters Working? - Page 2 of 6

There is no substitute for a mother or father. - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Feb, 2004 - 3:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: Do you feel the mother of the home should work?
  Yes, I see nothing wrong with it       39.29%
  Yes, Only if it is absolutely necessary       50.00%
  Yes, but part-time only       0.00%
  Yes, if the husband wants it       0.00%
  No, a mother should be home       10.71%
  No, women should be home       0.00%
Total Votes: 28
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The provider at home. Should the husband / father be the sole bread winner? Controversial Mormon Issue.
6th Jan, 2004 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Sisters Working? - Page 2

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 6-Jan 04, 7:33 AM)
Going back to the subject, I think only Heavenly Father knows our situation, therefore, he's the only one who can judge whether the sisters are working to pay off 'luxuries'or to pay basic living.

This is exactly what I was trying to say. Mothers leaving the home to work should do so ONLY under the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

NightHawk

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2004 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Working Sisters Mormon

I'd like to add that just because women are home with their children doesn't mean they can't work and earn "extra" money. My sister makes fancy soaps and sells it, sells eggs from her little chicken flock, sells fancy homemade bread. I know women who take in sewing and tailoring, and who make beautiful handcrafted items for sale.

I'm considering what I can do with my computer -- I've had several women in my ward ask for computer lessons, and I also do graphic design and bookkeeping/payroll "on the side," in addition to my full-time job. I wonder if I could support myself without having to work outside the home? It's a scary thought to let go of a paycheck...But my daughter would benefit, and I think I would also -- besides being blessed for my efforts.

But I'm not ready to make that leap yet smile.gif

Roz

6th Jan, 2004 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Sisters Working? Studies Doctrine Mormon

But I'm not ready to make that leap yet

And I understand! you're a single mom raising a daughter, you're the father and the mother at the same time, the nurturer, the provider, everything!. God understands your situation and I'm sure he's happy for all the hard work you're doing to make a decent living for your daughter and yourself.

7th Jan, 2004 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Working Sisters Mormon

Thank you for those kind words smile.gif I'm doing the best I can (or as the old saying goes, "I'm dancing as fast as I can!")

But I sure do dream about other roads...

Roz

9th Jan, 2004 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Working Sisters Mormon

Farseer, I bet but like I always say. I always think that before coming into this world we knew what challenges we will face so I believe that you knew before coming to this Earth that you would be a single mom trying her best to raise her daughter so I know Heavenly Father is at your side. smile.gif

These couple of days that I started working, I missed Felipe a lot smile.gif and I prayed for strength and I got also a beautiful blessing from my husband...when I went to work today, I felt so different, so much strong and confidence and I didn't miss Felipe as much as I thought I would. I wish I could stay at home with him but I know God knows my circumnstances and he knows what road I should follow.

10th Jan, 2004 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Sisters Working?

I got also a beautiful blessing from my husband...when I went to work today, I felt so different, so much strong and confidence
You are so blessed to have the Priesthood in your home, and a worthy man to make good use of it...

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jan, 2004 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Sisters Working - Page 2

You are so blessed to have the Priesthood in your home, and a worthy man to make good use of it...

Yes I am and I use it as much as I need it! I'm always asking for blessings...wink.gif

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2004 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

Mormon Sisters Working?
A Friend

Mormon Sisters Working Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

There is no substitute for a mother or father. I have worked all of my life. I tried working 'outside' the home several times. It didn't work for me. The reasons are varied. Finally, I admitted to myself that I couldn't cope with that. I have worked from or in my home for many, many years. Still, working from home took my attention etc. from my children, even though I was always home for them.

I believe the Lord compensates us when we do the best we can with the circumstances and the knowledge and understanding we possess. I know that He has blessed me more than I can begin to understand.

I believe that if a woman decides that she needs to work and works with the Lord her children will not suffer due to that decision.

In and ideal reality all mothers would be home with their children. In an ideal reality there would not be women who simply cannot adjust to being a stay at home mom. There wouldnt' be abuse, cruelty, starvation and so on.

Fortunately the Lord gave us so much more. The power of choice. Yes straight is the path and narrow the way that leads to heaven. However, we each have our own trail to hike on that path this we do using our free agency. What is "right"for one is not necessarily right for anyone else.

When you walk a mile in another's shoes then perhaps you can judge more rightly why she is the way she is or does/did what she does.

granny7

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Mormon Sisters Working?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,