Does Love Solve Everything? - Page 3 of 4

Oh golly gosh yes it does! I mean - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 6th Jun, 2004 - 7:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Do you feel that Love can solve everything?
  Yes       15.38%
  No       84.62%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Not a difficult question, or is it?
21st May, 2004 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything? - Page 3

I second what Nighthawk has said and to jump more deeply into the second part of what you asked Tena,

...can one lead to the other?

One CAN lead to another, but they may not necessarily be the same. For instance, and this is just for illustration, let us say both of us are single and have a life of love (action) and then come across each other... we may wish to do things for each other out of friendship (an aspect of love, wholesome feeling), we may then see where mutually we want to be together more often and it leads to an even stronger bond because of our love (action, stronger feeling) towards each other. If we continue to love (action, a celestial feeling if built up) each other then it will solve everything in our marriage. Now, in the above example remove the bracketed word love and use as Nighthawk put... 'infatuation' (which is not love bush a selfish desire, a need to satisfy, not necessarily wrong at first, but not a relationship builder) and you will see that the end relationship will not grow because there was no love there in the first place. Actually, don't we have a thread somewhere here about the differences between love and lust? You will be amazed how people confuse the two.

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2004 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Everything Solve Love Does

Yes, but is it not possible that you could enter the marriage based on infatuation, thinking it is love and then realize your mistake. Once you realize your mistake, what is to prevent both parties from correcting that mistake by beginning to truly act in love towards each other? Won't that then lead to love after the marriage in the same manner it could have before the marriage?

21st May, 2004 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything? Health & Special Psychology

Tenaheff, that is, I think, the desired result. Infatuation can, and should, develop into real love. But unless the people involved are actively seeking to develop this, it may not be strong, and may be shot through with jealousy, envy, and distrust.

Back to the original question. I think that real love, the kind that is actively developed, can solve everything, in a marriage.

Other relationships, such as cultural conflicts, national interests, etc, I am not at all sure about.

21st May, 2004 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Everything Solve Love Does

Yes, but is it not possible that you could enter the marriage based on infatuation, thinking it is love and then realize your mistake

Of course you can, it happens all the time and usually ends in divorce or separation because the people involved were so wrapped up in satisfying some personal goal through the 'use' of the other that it was almost like a business deal - you do 'x' and I will do 'y' and we will be happy. This is where love is so different, it does not care for self only, but for both. In the natural emphasis to make the other person happy you find yourself growing in love for that person. The key here is that the world has done well in clouding what love really is through the use of movies, music and so on that people no longer no the meaning of love and thus fall for things as 'infatuation' as love and the basis for relationships.

21st May, 2004 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Everything Solve Love Does

Yes, but the point I am trying to make or the question I am wanting to discuss is does it have to end in divorce even if you find out you went into the marriage for the wrong reasons? Can it not be fixed? If love conquers all then if you begin to act lovingly towards that person to whom you are now married and realize you do not love, will you not develop love for that person so that you can be happily married?

I forget which prophet it was but one them said something along the lines of any two people who fully live the gospel can be happily married. I believe this is true because of the true nature of love as JB has been trying to get us to see. I am not sure how "easily" lived it is as mere mortals, though.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 21st May, 2004 - 12:03pm

21st May, 2004 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything?

No, it certainly wouldn't have to end in divorce. While it would take both members working to keep the marriage alive, there isn't any reason that ANY marriage can't be saved and made into a truly strong one.

Of course, such things as abuse and infidelity are obviously symptoms of the real problem, which would be the LACK of love and commitment from at least one partner in the marriage.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st May, 2004 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything - Page 3

Yes, I echo what Nighthawk said... it takes two to tango, if one has love and the other does not then it cannot grow... and note... because it did not begin with love in the first place. Sometimes the other (the one without love) does not get it - what love is - and so they are hopelessly addicted to lust. Some people chose to remain in such relationships, but it is a great stress, some become abused, but they do not know it. In this case they are giving in to the lust to keep a relationship. You know where it says, 'There is a fine line between love and hate'? Well this is where the love once had, can be lost and the person once who had love substitutes it with lust and/or something else. Hence in some relationships, during the separation stages it is easier to be trapped in adultery or fornication. Keep in mind that the subject matter is 'Does Love Solve...' it does, but love is action... once done - 'bam' - Zion!

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2004 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything?
A Friend

Does Love Solve Everything Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

Oh golly gosh yes it does! I mean there are 2 solutions in life. Love and Death. Tahts the way to go. smile.gif i love it that way. ^_^ love can do great things. just have to find it..or not even that..just accept it. babam!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Does Love Solve Everything?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,