Does Love Solve Everything? - Page 2 of 4

I think that the love that occurs at first - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st May, 2004 - 10:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Do you feel that Love can solve everything?
  Yes       15.38%
  No       84.62%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Not a difficult question, or is it?
20th May, 2004 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything? - Page 2

JB, I agree with you 100%.

However, since most people don't think of love in those terms I think we need to discuss love in terms people do understand. I agree if we always acted in love, everything would be perfect. No wars, no divorces, it wouldn't even matter to whom you were married because if you always acted with love towards them and they towards you, you couldn't be anything but happy. However, most people equate love with a feeling. These same people often believe that love (the feelings not the act) is enough to weather any storm.

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2004 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

Everything Solve Love Does

That is just my point, hence I started the thread, because people do not think of love for what it is they end up blaming it when things don't go the way they intend for it to go. Often I ask people what is love and you get all kinds of descriptions except that for which it is... 'action of caring'.

20th May, 2004 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything? Health & Special Psychology

I understand what you are saying JB but the reality is that in order to succed with love BOTH partners must feel, if only one is doing all the caring and the other is not interested in any way or even worst stopped loving the person, what the other person can do?. Nothing!.

20th May, 2004 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Everything Solve Love Does

LDS, this is not about relationships, again, this proves the point, love is love, love is not relationships, people just associate love with relationships and make the relationship the ground for love when it should be love is the foundation for the relationship. However, to entertain your thought, let us say we are discussing relationships... if one person chooses to not have love (action) again then the relationship was likely not nurtured with love and thus it is bound to fall. The key is love... once love is continuous it does not fail, it is just like electricity, a radio is only as good as the power it gets from electricity, if the electricity is gone we do not blame the radio, the same way we do not blame love.

20th May, 2004 - 10:42pm / Post ID: #

Everything Solve Love Does

JB, I agree with you. Even though I am probably a pretty poor example of the concept.

Most people seem to think that love comes only within a relationship. While love can develop within a relationship, I think that the love stands outside of it.

21st May, 2004 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything?

Most people seem to think that love comes only within a relationship. While love can develop within a relationship, I think that the love stands outside of it.

I believe love can develop even more within a relationship but it must be present before getting into the relationship.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st May, 2004 - 9:18am / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything - Page 2

Although I think it is best to have love before you get married, I think it can develop at any point. For example, some countries have arranged marriages. Some of these couples do eventually come to love each other. The logic is this - When two people meet, seldom is it love at first sight. Love develops over a period of time. If this is true, why can't that time be after getting married?

The point? Well, suppose you get married. You are young and think you are in love. After a short while you realize you never really were in love. What should you do? You have made the committment to this person. You could just walk away and say you were never in love in the first place and that you made a mistake. Or, you could do the action verb part of love. If you and your spouse act lovingly towards one another all the time, is this not the love JB is referring to?

I am not sure. So, the question I ask is this - what is the difference between the feelings of love and the actions of love and can one lead to the other?

21st May, 2004 - 10:04am / Post ID: #

Does Love Solve Everything Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

I think that the love that occurs at first sight, along with the love that people feel they "never had" in a marriage are more aspects of infatuation or attraction. Those things can LEAD to the development of love, but are generally fleeting.

If a person has developed love, especially the type that the Bible calls "charity", then it is possible for their love to be instantly available, even for someone they have just met.

Of course, this is a subject that all sorts of philosophers and theologians have been wrangling over for centuries.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Does Love Solve Everything?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,