Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Aug, 2018 - 3:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Quit Smoking
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2011 - 9:43am / Post ID: #

Lung Cancer

Finding It Easy To Quit Smoking Could Be An Early Symptom Of Lung Cancer
Tips To Stop Smoking

Many longtime smokers quit spontaneously with little effort shortly before their lung cancer is diagnosed, leading some researchers to speculate that sudden cessation may be a symptom of lung cancer… Source: Smoking / Quit Smoking News From Medical News Today

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2016 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

Cancer Lung

Are Lung Cancer Survivors Getting Too Many Costly Scans For No Reason Study Suggests So
Science Related News

Once you've made it through lung cancer treatment, you want to make sure you catch it early if it comes back again. But a new study suggests that one approach to watching for a cancer's return is being inappropriately used at many hospitals. And it isn't helping patients survive longer, the research shows.
Source

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2016 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Lung Cancer Health & Special Psychology

Scientists step closer to halting spread of lung cancer

A component of cancer cells, which acts like a ‘cellular post office’, could be the key to preventing the spread of lung cancer to other parts of the body, scientists have discovered. Ref. Source 9n.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2017 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Cancer Lung

Advanced form of proton therapy shows promise for treating lung cancer recurrence

An advanced form of image-guided radiation therapy, known as intensity modulated proton therapy (IMPT), has shown early promise for the treatment of recurrent lung cancer, according to new research. Ref. Source 2b.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2017 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Lung Cancer
A Friend

Cancer Lung

With a lot of people developing lung cancer I like that they have other options for it. I can see the possibilities of lung caner in my future due to all the oil well smoke I took in back in 1991. My lungs are not in the best of shape. I just hope that I do not get lung cancer.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2017 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Lung Cancer

Three new lung cancer genetic biomarkers identified. SNPs (Single-nucleotide polymorphisms) are variations in our DNA that determine our susceptibility to developing some diseases. Using the largest genome-wide SNP-smoking interaction analysis reported for lung cancer, a research team has identified three novel SNPs. The results from their study reinforce that gene-smoking interactions play important roles in the etiology of lung cancer and account for part of the missing heritability of this disease. Source 4b.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2017 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Lung Cancer

'Aggressive' surgery is best treatment option for early stage lung cancer. Patients with early stage lung cancer live longer when they receive a lobectomy -- the most common type of operation for the disease -- rather than a less extensive operation or radiation treatment. Source 8i.

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2018 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Lung Cancer Psychology Special & Health

Insight into development of lung cancer. Lung cancer results from effects of smoking along with multiple genetic components. A new study identifies two main pathways for the role of chromosome 15q25.1 -- a leader in increasing susceptibility to lung cancer -- in modifying disease risk. One pathway is implicated in nicotine dependence. The other plays a part in biological processes such as nutrient transfer and immune system function. The findings increase our understanding of lung cancer cause and development. Source 7o.

> TOPIC: Lung Cancer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,