Contest Suggestions - Page 4 of 5

I will definitely like to see an FP contest, - Page 4 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 27th Jul, 2013 - 1:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Please see the first message in this thread for the format in which we will need the information.
2nd Jun, 2013 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Contest Suggestions - Page 4

Can be an idea, with FP as a prize. I would make contests based on content rather than number of posting in a day or things like that: counting posts would end up in giving the prizes always to the most active members while basing the competition on content could get all the members of the community involved, also those that post once in a while.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jun, 2013 - 8:46am / Post ID: #

Suggestions Contest

If it pleases the court, may I suggest a possible prize be a month (or more) of premium membership?

This might bring in more regular members to try the contest(s) more. Also, it could give way to someone who's on the fence to finally get a premium membership permanently. Generate I.D. A bit more money possibly.

Reconcile Edited: Stefflabunny on 2nd Jun, 2013 - 8:51am

2nd Jun, 2013 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Contest Suggestions Feedback & FAQ News Community

Interesting points, I will answer you and add in some explanations for others that may read.

international QUOTE (Bruconero)
I would make contests based on content rather than number of posting...

How do you propose we rate content? Who will judge that and on what basis?

international QUOTE
...counting posts would end up in giving the prizes always to the most active members...

We don't always use counting Posts as a measure but at the same time what will be wrong with rewarding the most active Members. If a Member wants to invest their time here then they should have more chances of being rewarded than someone who does not. When we publish a contest everyone then has the opportunity to fulfill the requirements in an allotted time period. If a Member does not check the Newsletter, as a for instance, they will never know of the 'opportunity'.

international QUOTE (Stefflabunny)
I suggest a possible prize be a month (or more) of premium membership?

We used to do this but stopped it because former winners of this kind of contest showed us:

1. It is not as valued as someone who puts monetary support.
2. Having a 'brief' Premium account gives too much access to rather personal and mature content (hidden Boards). Once a person Donates for Premium we do it for a year because we want to ensure they are not just 'peeping' to satisfy curiosity.
3. We need to have a trace on who is accessing hidden content, etc. When someone Donates we now really 'know' who they are via financial info via PayPal, etc. At the present, just signing up with an Email doesn't tell us anything.

international QUOTE
Also, it could give way to someone who's on the fence to finally get a premium membership permanently.

Only when a Member fully understands the uniqueness of this Community do they tend to Donate towards it. For instance, understanding what FP can do for their account. No flaming of people because of their race, religion, life's preferences, etc. Constructive discussion at a mature level without net talk and teeny bopper rants. An Administrator that can make custom codes to enable you to have a very unique experience such as in the role-playing games. Your views are 'protected', Moderators act quickly to help keep the standards up.

In other words what you already see, which is unique in itself, should be worth a Donation on its own merit rather than what you cannot see which is mainly as a reward for your Donation. If it is not so for someone then they do not really fully understand this Community and are merely just here to satisfy their own interests and there is nothing wrong with that, but we should not have to give them access to a Premium Membership because of that or just because they won a contest.

international QUOTE
Generate I.D. A bit more money possibly.

Members Donating is definitely not the way we generate money. If we counted on that this site would have been closed long ago. To give you an idea... One Member Donating for One Year's Premium does not even pay for a few days worth of hosting and resources to operate a site like this. Our main resource of income is from people visiting the sponsored ads you see around the site. The rest comes from our own pockets and pure love of what we do.

2nd Jun, 2013 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Suggestions Contest

international QUOTE
How do you propose we rate content? Who will judge that and on what basis?

But you, who else? How can we live knowing that you had a whole 5 minutes to rest? Just joking, of course. Maybe, only in some particular cases, each participant could start a thread about something and the other members will be called to vote for the best one. Or, even better, a single thread in which will be possible to post only once and the other members will vote for the best post. Just an idea.

2nd Jun, 2013 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Suggestions Contest

Your suggestions have merit and are good, however I can see a lot of room for people angry or inwardly hurt that their input into a Post was not rewarded. I tend to refrain from personally judging a contest or anything based on opinion for this reason. Members may also feel that those with more 'buddies' will help them win. Contests, in order to be viewed as fair, must have a cut and dry method for determining the winner. For instance if it is based on Post count then no one can argue numbers in an allotted period. Same can also be with find X and post the answer. No one can argue who actually posted before them because it will show in the Thread.

6th Jun, 2013 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Contest Suggestions

I like the idea of a contest for loads of FP! My fingers are killing me trying to get FP for my Gwynedd picture. laugh.gif Plus I could probably get back in the arcade if I know I have extra to spare.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jul, 2013 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Contest Suggestions - Page 4

I would suggest contests that have 500 FP as a reward to the person who creates the most new threads on a board. To make the contest more challenging, I will suggest boards that not much people who creates topics on like the "Transportation - cars, boats, & planes" Board. I think these kind of contests should be available only at every month.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 17th Jul, 2013 - 10:08pm

27th Jul, 2013 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Contest Suggestions Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 4

I will definitely like to see an FP contest, I'm like in desperate need of some right now to make a good entrance into Gwynedd and to redeem myself in the Arcade!

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Contest Suggestions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,