Japan Nuclear Power Plant Disaster - Page 6 of 16

Japan battles nuclear crisis, power effort - Page 6 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 18th Mar, 2011 - 8:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (16) »
Japanese nuclear disaster
Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant - Japan Nuclear Fallout - How Safe Is Japanese Nuclear Power Plants?
17th Mar, 2011 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Japan Nuclear Power Plant Disaster - Page 6

They still do not have control over the units (at least 3 of them) as they continually are having touble keeping the core and spent fuel rods covered with water. They are using helicopters to dump water on the reactors in effor to keep the fuel covered as well as hooking up new electrical lines to try and pump water back into the reactors. If you are interested in the radiation levels...

Source 8

that is a pretty good map when the data is all uploaded. However, with all the radiation that these workers are getting, if the situation is not resolved very soon to where the radiation goes back to a more normal level...they are likely going to suffer from forms of radiation sickness and some will die. While chaos is always difficult to fully understand, it does seem that the electric company is very difficult to get complete opinions of the situation and the government doesnt seem to be able to pressure them as much as they would be able to in the US.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2011 - 10:05am / Post ID: #

Disaster Plant Power Nuclear Japan

Pools storing spent fuel may present worst risk at damaged Fukushima plant
user posted image Local Japanese News In English

All cooling water is gone from the spent-fuel pool at one of the crippled nuclear reactors in Japan, causing the release of high levels of radiation, Gregory Jaczko, chairman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, told members of Congress.
Jaczko's testimony followed warnings by the International Atomic Energy Agency, physicians and nuclear engineers that the greatest threat to public health from the damaged Fukushima nuclear plant is spent fuel in pools of water atop of the plant's six reactors. Radioactivity has been heating the pools at three of the plant's reactors since the plant's cooling systems were disabled by a March 11 earthquake and tsunami, officials said. Exposed, the spent fuel rods can catch fire and melt, spewing radiation into the atmosphere, said Robert Kelley, an engineer in Vienna who used to lead the Nuclear Emergency Response at Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico. Unlike the plant's reactors, the pools aren't encased by steel and concrete. (Bloomberg) Source: cleanup

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2011 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Japan Nuclear Power Plant Disaster UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

A Warning to the World
Political Agenda Based News

A reporter, describing the devastation of one city in Japan, wrote: ?It looks as if a monster steamroller had passed over it and squashed it out of existence. I write these facts ... as a warning to the world.? The reporter was Wilfred Burchett, writing from Hiroshima, Japan, on Sept. 5, 1945. Burchett was the first Western reporter to make it to Hiroshima after the atomic bomb was dropped there. He reported on the strange illness that continued to kill people, even a full month after that first, dreadful use of nuclear weapons against humans. His words could well describe the scenes of annihilation in northeastern Japan today. Given the worsening catastrophe at the Fukushima nuclear power plant, his grave warning to the world remains all too relevant. Read More Source: Democracy Now! Blog

17th Mar, 2011 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Disaster Plant Power Nuclear Japan

That is a great tool Vincenzo. I uploaded the latest radiation levels from a screen shot I looked at five minutes ago [EST 8:20am].

Japan Nuclear Power Plant Disaster
Japan Nuclear Power Plant Disaster (Hover)

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2011 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Disaster Plant Power Nuclear Japan

The fact that many people fail to realize that the spend rods are as much of a danger as the current reactor core is enough to make people wonder why they are not more protected. I would have thought that many of the modern reactors would store the spent fuel rods in a better place with better protection. I do hope that people learn from this incident once it is over.

18th Mar, 2011 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

I am fairly certain when they do root cause analysis they will be addressing the tsunami preparations for the plant as well as the city itself. The plant survived the earth quake and the backups worked. However, the wave took the diesel generators out and the battery back up was there to figure out what was wrong with the diesel generators. What it doesn't anticipate, because they do routine testing of the generators, was that the generators were not coming back.

I would look for city planners of ocean front towns/cities to be re-evaluating their max tsunami estimation after this. The nuclear plants will be re-evaluating their location of the diesel generators elevation wise.

As to where to store the spent rods, I can sort of see the point that they had with the design in that you want to locate all the bad stuff in one spot. Because lets face it, no one wants it in their back yard, so you have to minimize locations. What I don't know is why they werent re-processed. I don't understand enough about that process, so I will study up on it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Mar, 2011 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Japan Nuclear Power Plant Disaster - Page 6

international QUOTE (CNN)
Threat level at Japan nuclear plant now at 5, same threshold as 1979 Three Mile Island incident, safety agency says.

Future planning will be good but right now they might have to plan for a restricted zone that cannot be used for years rather than how to protect what they have.

Additionally, excuse my limited knowledge but don't nuclear power plants need lots of water so they are built close to the sea? How do you stop a tsunami really if you are building the structures next to the ocean unless they create an enormous dike / lake.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2011 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Japan Nuclear Power Plant Disaster Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 6

Japan battles nuclear crisis, power effort crucial

Exhausted Japanese engineers scrambled to fix a power cable to two reactors at a tsunami-crippled nuclear power station as they fought to prevent a deadly radiation release in the world's worst nuclear accident since the Chernobyl disaster. Ref. Source 7

> TOPIC: Japan Nuclear Power Plant Disaster

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,