Paper Books Vs. Ebooks - Page 2 of 3

For books to die it will take another century - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 7th Jan, 2013 - 12:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Electronic Books vs Regular Books
4th Jul, 2012 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks - Page 2

This is my pros and cons between E-books and print books:
Pros for E-books:
I have a Kindle Fire; I can change the size of the text so it will be easier to read.
Like other people have said, I can carry multiple books with ease; it is also easier to hold large books like The Lord of the Rings.
If you"re on the road a lot, subscribe to magazines and newspapers, and want them to come to you, then nothing beats the E-book reading Tablets.
E-books are easier to move, than boxes and boxes of books.
Public Domain books are free!

Cons for E-books:
You don't own E-books! There is always a possibility that one day a publisher doesn't want their book on your device any longer, and suddenly it's gone.
Technology is always changing, meaning that who knows if your device will be still around in 5-10 years, let alone 30-40 years.
It consumes electricity every time you plug it in.
You can't throw E-book readers away, leaving the question of how to dispose of an old out-of-date E-book reader?
You have to pay both for an E-book reader, and E-books! That can cost hundreds of dollars.

Pros of print books:
A book could be one thousand years old, or a day old, I can still read them, I don't have to worry about if my new E-book reader will be able to read it or not.
Books along with music, there is a feeling of ownership that people have when a person has a book, or CD, that a person doesn't have with a digital format.

Cons of print books:
You can break the binding while trying to read it.
It's hard for independent, or lesser known authors, to get into print since it takes a small fortune to finance a 600 page book ten-thousand times.
It's a source of de-forestation.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2012 - 8:01am / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks
A Friend

Ebooks Vs Books Paper

Nothing like sitting back with a good book. I will say the ebooks are a whole lit more convenient though.

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2012 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks
A Friend

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I own a Kindle and I find that ebooks are good for pleasure reading, but for more serious reading where I need to take notes, paper books are the way to go! FairMaiden, I also thought that the weight of carrying books would be a downside, but I haven't thought of it your way. To have a physical bookshelf full of books feels better than just having thousands of books on one's Kindle.

8th Oct, 2012 - 5:25am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Ebooks Vs Books Paper

I totally agree, corsava, one major downside for e-books, is that most of them (all of the ones on my Kindle Fire) do NOT have page #'s, so that means if I"m reading an article, or a book that mentions an e-book that I have on my Kindle Fire, saying "On page ____ "¦" There will be no way, other than obtaining a physical copy of the book, to look up the reference.

8th Oct, 2012 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Ebooks Vs Books Paper

I like to read when I'm going to sleep and the glow light of any electronic device [kind of] hurts my eyes at that hour so having a book is way better plus if I fall to sleep I don't have to worry about it falling over wink.gif.

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2012 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks

Goodbye to heavy backpacks?: Hello, e-textbooks

Education leaders are calling for quick implementation of digital textbooks to increase learning opportunities and save money for school districts. Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Dec, 2012 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks
A Friend

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks - Page 2

Replying to Haleray, who wrote:

international QUOTE
It's hard for independent, or lesser known authors, to get into print since it takes a small fortune to finance a 600 page book ten-thousand times.

I kind of see this as a pro for print books. I don't have an e-reader, so this is all speculation, but I feel that lesser known authors' ability to publish books in e-reader format would inevitably lead to an influx of poorly written books I would have to sift through. I feel that weeding through what is good and what is bad would be way too time consuming. Do you guys find this to be the case?

7th Jan, 2013 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Paper Books Vs. Ebooks Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

For books to die it will take another century again and even then it will probably be a hot collector's item. I love the feel of a book but I also like the idea of being to retrieve the content of 1000's of books in a few seconds. They both have their advantages / disadvantages for sure.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Paper Books Vs. Ebooks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,