Wish You Weren't Caught? - Page 4 of 6

Well, with that addition, I had to post. I - Page 4 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 16th Feb, 2005 - 6:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: Concerning Your Membership and Posts here say which statement represents you the most...
  I am glad none of my friends know I am here       4.35%
  I would not want my family to know I am here       13.04%
  I want my friends and family to know how good it is here       30.43%
  I do not like anyone on the net knowing who I am       8.70%
  I hope everyone knows I am here       21.74%
  I really do not care either way       21.74%
Total Votes: 23
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
How worried are you about...
9th Jan, 2005 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

Wish You Weren't Caught? - Page 4

Yes, a personal avatar is the one that will surely say who you are except for two things: 1. Searches cannot be done on images, just words, so unless someone specifically knows to come looking for you here it is doubtful they will find you. Of course there is the element of how well you protect your computer. 2. You can modify your real pic or even use one that does not show exactly how you look now. Having real pics gives more 'flavor' to your words. So if you are not afraid of being caught it is good to see who you are in reality.

For me it does not matter 9being caught), I want people to know who I am because I run an online community and business. No one will offer you business from 100s of miles away if they think you are just a scam. or an unknown

Sponsored Links:
9th Jan, 2005 - 5:25am / Post ID: #

Caught Werent Wish

I voted that I would prefer that my family not know I post here.

I love my family, but for some reason I have a psychological block when it comes to sharing deeper thoughts with them. I do not post anything here that I would not say to trusted friends or my siblings face to face in an appropriate situation; however, with my parents especially, I do not speak on this level. That does not mean I love them less or feel uncomfortable around them, but perhaps they know me so well that I feel they have the potential to judge what I say and feel more harshly than the rest of the world. For their part, they don't discuss emotions or private thoughts much with the kids, either. I don't feel deprived or incomplete - we have loving family relationships - I just prefer to keep a respectful distance with my personal expression.

9th Jan, 2005 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Wish You Weren't Caught? Feedback & FAQ News Community

Howe6079, I notice a lot of people share your view and use this place as an escape from those within their normal state of existence and I want to let everyone know - it is okay, there is nothing wrong with that.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2005 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Wish You Weren't Caught?
A Friend

Page 4 Caught Werent Wish

I wasn't saying that there was anything wrong with that. I was just stating that I, personally, don't care.

Trust me, I know how an online community can feel like a family. I've been apart of an RPG for fours years, and we've had the same four of us running the site for almost that long.

Reconcile Edited: Ambria on 9th Jan, 2005 - 6:50pm

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2005 - 6:22am / Post ID: #

Wish You Weren't Caught?
A Friend

Caught Werent Wish

The only people I would mind stumbling across this forum is my parents. With all of the information I have posted about my childhood and about them it would offend them so badly. The things I have posted are absolutely true with no exaggeration at all. But my parents are in denial about what their actions produced. They recognize my struggle with unhappiness and they will say that I didn't have it easy growing up and that I have been depressed. They are not able to think about the impact of their actions on me and my 2 brothers. It is too hard to accept responsibility. They taught my brothers to be abusers themselves. I'm so thankful that I am able to break that cycle. I really don't know what I would do if they came here. I know this much: that I would be scared of their reaction. I wouldn't mind any of my friends that I am close with coming here, or people from church including my bishop. I would be mortified if other parents from my children's school came here and figured out that it was me so I guess that I wouldn't want them here either. That would leave a lasting stigma on them IMO. I don't feel that I have done anything wrong, but people really take a few steps back when they find out things like that. At least in my experience. The kind of things that I have posted I don't usually talk about much in my life anymore.

10th Jan, 2005 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Wish You Weren't Caught?

In the voting of this thread should be an option 'I do not care what other people think about me' in the sense of what you share here. I mean, if you are being an honest person for instance and what you're sharing is the truth, then I do not personally think it matters whether the people involved come here and read it or not. I do not personally care.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Feb, 2005 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Wish Weren't Caught - Page 4

LDS, the option was added to the poll today:

I really do not care either way

Post Date: 16th Feb, 2005 - 6:31am / Post ID: #

Wish You Weren't Caught?
A Friend

Wish Weren't Caught Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 4

Well, with that addition, I had to post. I voted that I really don't care either way. I am open and blunt with everyone around me. I am with my parents and siblings as well. I debate these same religious principles with my dad and he is an evangelical christian. I debate politics at work all the time and don't pull punches. I would not be concerned if someone I knew read my posts, in fact, one guy at work already does!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Wish You Weren't Caught?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,