Wish You Weren't Caught? - Page 5 of 6

QUOTE (Tastanagee)...just anonymity gives - Page 5 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 6th Jan, 2006 - 12:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

?
Poll: Concerning Your Membership and Posts here say which statement represents you the most...
  I am glad none of my friends know I am here       4.35%
  I would not want my family to know I am here       13.04%
  I want my friends and family to know how good it is here       30.43%
  I do not like anyone on the net knowing who I am       8.70%
  I hope everyone knows I am here       21.74%
  I really do not care either way       21.74%
Total Votes: 23
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
How worried are you about...
16th Feb, 2005 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

Wish You Weren't Caught? - Page 5

I am kind of like maicman. Never really new this was a dangerous place. Does not mater to me who knows I post here or frequent the site. I have seen a lot of warnings about spammers and people posting bad things...I guess I am fortunate and have not seen any of them or experienced it.

Vincenzo

Sponsored Links:
16th Feb, 2005 - 10:33am / Post ID: #

Caught Werent Wish

I am kind of like maicman. Never really new this was a dangerous place.

What is all this talk about here being a dangerous place? No one is saying that this Community is dangerous, the idea of this thread is that people post things that are dangerous to themselves such as personal information or views that they may not want friends or family to see.

Offtopic but,
Also, the reasons you do not see spammers and predators is because we delete them immediately, the rules gives us that opportunity as they are meant for them - the 'bad' people. We would not be able to take action without the rules.

16th Feb, 2005 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Wish You Weren't Caught? Feedback & FAQ News Community

I have seen a lot of warnings about spammers and people posting bad things

That's because we have hard working moderators who edit and remove posts that are not appropiate as soon as they are posted.

We are not talking about this place being a dangerous place. It is not!. We are talking about people sharing their secrets or something very private that can be a danger for themselves if someone comes and read those posts.

17th May, 2005 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Caught Werent Wish

I think that I haven't wrote anything that I should be ashamed off ... I guess I could let even my mom to read what I posted. By the way, sometimes my wifes reads what I write, so I think I'm "in legitimacy".

21st Dec, 2005 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Caught Werent Wish

QUOTE (RaulDrake)
By the way, sometimes my wifes reads what I write, so I think I'm "in legitimacy"

Recently, I have discovered that it is this way for a lot of Members here. Their wife, parent or friend will read, but not actually join and participate themselves. Maybe they are shy or not sure of themselves as far as the topics are concerned?

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2005 - 6:45am / Post ID: #

Wish You Weren't Caught?
A Friend

Wish You Weren't Caught?

Actually, I love the idea of my fiance being on here and participating with me. There are so many topics that are covered and sometimes I would bring them up in conversation, but it's so much easier having him on the boards to read them for himself. That way we can still have a discussion, and I'm not trying to remember what they were all about. I don't inhibit myself on the boards, but I don't think I open up more than I do in real life. I'm a pretty opinionated person, and I don't mind letting everybody know that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Dec, 2005 - 8:23am / Post ID: #

Wish Weren't Caught - Page 5

Personally I find security in anonymity. Here I can post how I really feel about a subject without people saying,"you don't know what its like to be....." or "you never experienced this, so you don't know." I'm not ashamed of what I say, just anonymity gives me the freedom to say it.

6th Jan, 2006 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Wish Weren't Caught Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 5

QUOTE (Tastanagee)
...just anonymity gives me the freedom to say it.

Although I agree with that to an extent there are several things to take into consideration:

1. On the net you are not totally anonymous, anytime you answer an Email, post or even surf a web site there is data recorded about you. If someone is desirous enough (like Uncle Sam), then they can know who 'anonymous' is as well. Of course, I am just being difficult, it is likely that no one will ever know who you are unless you share more personal details about yourself and someone happens to come along and read it.

2. The other point is that if you do not share more about you then it will be harder for others to accept you as part of the 'Family'. Of course, that may not be important to you or your online experience, but it remains a draw back. I believe one way around this is to do so privately with those you feel you can trust, but that is still a risk when it comes to the net. However, I have become very familiar with many of our Members, especially the Senior Mods who have shared many things with me and I with them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Wish You Weren't Caught?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,