Afghanistan vs USA - Page 5 of 64

Well, more news coming out of Afghanistan. - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th May, 2006 - 3:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (64) »
versus U.S.A. Changing Face Of Afghanistan. Are they better off now?
Afghanistan vs USA Related Information to Afghanistan vs USA
13th Mar, 2006 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA - Page 5

These visits by coalition leaders is, in my opinion, a good sign of the state of affairs in Afghanistan. My belief is Osama is no longer in that country, and the recent elections and formation of a government is a big step in the right direction. I hope the country can rise out of the ashes, and become a big player in that region of the world.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Sponsored Links:
14th Mar, 2006 - 5:12am / Post ID: #

USA Afghanistan

I hope Afghanistan can rise out of the ashes too but it is a country in total disarray. Most of Afghanistan, with the exception of Kabul, is ruled by warlords. There is no freedom for the people, rather a culture of tribalism, from reports that I have read.

I don't believe a few western dignitaries visiting heavily fortified areas represents success. But when you have such a massive power vacuum, as Afghanistan routinely does, it is very difficult to find stability.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2006 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Afghanistan vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

INJURED SOLDIER CALLS TIME IN AFGHANISTAN 'PRETTY SPECIAL'

An Edmonton-based soldier says he'd go back to Afghanistan despite being injured in a suicide bombing in January.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...dier060317.html

22nd Mar, 2006 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Page 5 USA Afghanistan

https://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus....R20060321a.html
Apostasy Case Raises Questions About Islamic Constitutions
This story shows how, despite the fact that Afghanistan has adopted Democracy to a certain extent, the Muslim influence will not allow much in the way of real freedom to the people. I find it very sad that this country that has suffered so much, cannot move into the 21st Century, and allow its people to enjoy the liberty that much of the rest of the world enjoys.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 22nd Mar, 2006 - 12:20am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

22nd Mar, 2006 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

USA Afghanistan

I have said in previous posts that the majority of Afghanistan is being overrun by warlords and the people enjoy very few freedoms outside of the heavily protected Kabul.

But this is not because the people believe in Islam, as seems to be implied in the anti-Islamic blog CNS.

The reason why Afghanistan doesn't enjoy democracy is because it is not a democratic country. Outside of Kabul, which is secured by foreign forces and run by an ineffective government, the country is ruled by warlords. Amongst the worst of them is a US ally, the northern Alliance.

The US led invasion has driven the Taliban out of office (if you could call it that) but left a power vacuum. Unfortunately the current government does not have the means to fill this vacuum. If Afghanistan is to ever be a democracy and enjoy freedoms such as religious tolerance, then it needs more support at the top. It desperately needs money, security and direction from the international community.

However, I doubt that Afghanistan will see democracy for a long time because it is a largely tribal society. This nonsense of forcing democracy onto countries that don't have a "democratic" culture just doesn't work. Let's hope we don't see too many more Afghanistans before the string pullers of the world realise this.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2006 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Afghanistan vs USA

PM SAYS CANADIANS TURNING 'MINEFIELDS INTO FARMERS' FIELDS' IN AFGHANISTAN

All Canadians can be proud of the job this country's soldiers are doing in Afghanistan, Prime Minister Stephen Harper told graduates of two military training courses during a visit to Alberta on Thursday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...ight060413.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Apr, 2006 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan USA - Page 5

It is good to hear another country's leader supporting the movement that is happening in countries such as Afghanistan. I know arvhic has mentioned earlier that these countries are not very stable, but it takes baby steps such as these, to turn things around for the better. I applaud the Canadian Prime Minister in his resolve to continue his support while others criticize these same efforts.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

4th May, 2006 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

Well, more news coming out of Afghanistan. Since the US is pulling out of the southern part of the country, and the UN is accepting the peacekeeping responsibilities (isn't that what everyone has been clamoring for for the last few years?), and the UN has publicly announced that they won't even attempt to stop terrorism, the Taliban and Al-Qaeda have both begun to move back in.

So, thanks to the ever vigilant, ever peace loving, protectors of human rights and liberty United Nations, we get to watch the Dark Ages of strict Islamic rule return to Afghanistan. Who wants to wager that the UN will protect the Taliban, and give up the elected government?

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/03/world/as...r=1&oref=slogin

The fact that American troops are pulling out of southern Afghanistan in the coming months, and handing matters over to NATO peacekeepers, who have repeatedly stated that they are not going to fight terrorists, has given a lift to the insurgents, and increased the fears of Afghans.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (64) »

> TOPIC: Afghanistan vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,