Afghanistan vs USA - Page 61 of 64

We can all agree that when the USA and other - Page 61 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Aug, 2021 - 8:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 64 pgs.  57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 
versus U.S.A. Changing Face Of Afghanistan. Are they better off now?
Afghanistan vs USA Related Information to Afghanistan vs USA
3rd Jan, 2018 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA - Page 61

I served in Afghanistan 2009-2010. I was stationed at COP Michigan. Our AO(Area of operation) was the Pech river valley, Korengal valley, and the Shiriak valley. I've been blown up 3 times (That I count, by the VA's set. Of blown up it's much higher… but their definition is ridiculous.) in an MRAP roll over, and fell of a mountin. We were shot at daily where we took small arms, sniper fire, rpgs, mortars, and dishka fire. We did attempt to help the population while we were there. We gave them money, supplies, funded schools, funded wells and livestock, all trying to improve their standard of living. To understand my view point on this subject, now that you have my background, you need to see it as I see it. If you offered cloths they would return them and ask for a diffrent color and throw them back and possibly spit on them first. When we went to help repair a house after someone complained it got caught in the ceasefire, we got there and the roof was blown in and initially we apologised. Then we go inside and find shells littering the ground where someone was clearly firing out the window, and a weapons cache in a "Shed"(Leanto pile of wood) behind the house. Kids would throw rocks which eventually became grenades. When you see them on tv giving a thumbs up next to soldiers to the camera guy… that's their equivalent of a middle finger over here. The one village elder that tried to pass us information on the local guerilla leaders I saw hanging in a tree later that day right before we were ambushed. Anytime we got ambushed or were about to be attacked the locals were always mysteriously absent before it happened. When an ied went off in a well we funded, someone had to have seen them building it in and didn't warn us. Then they turn around and ask to have it rebuilt. I understand that they could fall under attack if they didn't shoot when told to shoot and could be tortured if they refused, or worse. I understand that they don't have television or an education to give them a larger scale of the world then between this mountain and the next. However when it seems like they willingly turn a blind eye and spit on our help if it's not exactly the way they want it when they want it, and they seem to want to keep things the way they are because some far off leaders who run the country don't directly affect them. I say let them keep doing what they were doing before we went to that s#!% hole… sorry. To most of them, they view us as they viewed the Russians when they were there. As heathen invaders trying to take over their country. Never mind whether or not that is actually the case, that seems to be the general belief. The Pakistani soldiers came over just to get a few shots in at us, then fled safely back across the border. (Sorry written on a phone).

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2018 - 9:07am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA Afghanistan

Taliban gaining strength and territory in Afghanistan. Source 5p

The US Is Losing Badly in Afghanistan, but the Trump Administration Is Telling Americans Less. Source 4w.

Post Date: 6th Jun, 2018 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

U.S. Gives Humvees to Afghan army and then blows them up when they fall into Taliban hands. The 40 Humvees were destroyed in U.S. Airstrikes since January 2015, shortly after U.S. Combat forces left Afghanistan and local forces took the lead in combating the Taliban and other insurgent groups. Source 2a.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2019 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Page 61 USA Afghanistan

Trump says US to suspend Afghanistan peace talks after Taliban claims responsibility for car bomb that killed American, 11 others. President Donald Trump said Saturday the U.S. Is suspending peace negotiations to end the 18-year war in Afghanistan after the Taliban claimed responsibility for a car bomb this week that killed 12. Source 7o.

Post Date: 25th Apr, 2021 - 6:42am / Post ID: #

USA Afghanistan

Biden administration to withdraw troops from Afghanistan by Sept. 11, 20th anniversary of 9/11 attacks that spurred America's longest war. President Joe Biden has extended to Sept. 11 a May 1 deadline negotiated during the Trump administration to withdraw U.S. Troops from Afghanistan. There are currently approximately 2,500 there. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 9th Jul, 2021 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA

US forces abandon major military base. The US military completely abandoned one of its major military bases, “slipping away in the night” without telling the base’s new commander. Source 2e.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jul, 2021 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan USA - Page 61

And they're off to a bad start. I do not think the Afghan military will have the kind of resources to keep up the fight and they will eventually be overrun. What will happen then? Will the US go back there again to rescue them?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 13 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.3%

12th Aug, 2021 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 61

We can all agree that when the USA and other coalition forces left Afghanistan this was bound to happen. However, why does it always happen? Does this mean that the country will once again fall into the medieval period?

international QUOTE
Pentagon scrambles to evacuate Americans from Afghanistan embassy as Taliban advances. On Thursday, the State Department warned all Americans to leave Afghanistan immediately and that the embassy in Kabul had extremely limited ability to help. Security conditions in Kabul have deteriorated rapidly. Source 5g

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  « First of 64 pgs.  57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 

> TOPIC: Afghanistan vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,