Afghanistan vs USA - Page 61 of 61

Taliban gaining strength and territory in - Page 61 - International News, Politics, Immigration - Posted: 1st Feb, 2018 - 9:07am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 5 31 75 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

versus U.S.A. Changing Face Of Afghanistan. Are they better off now?
Afghanistan vs USA Related Information to Afghanistan vs USA
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Platinum Reader
[?] CPosts: 1
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 8.1%
[+] Gain: 7,497.00 FP
Charm: 1

Afghanistan vs USA - Page 61

I served in Afghanistan 2009-2010. I was stationed at COP Michigan. Our AO(Area of operation) was the Pech river valley, Korengal valley, and the Shiriak valley. I've been blown up 3 times (That I count, by the VA's set. Of blown up it's much higher… but their definition is ridiculous.) in an MRAP roll over, and fell of a mountin. We were shot at daily where we took small arms, sniper fire, rpgs, mortars, and dishka fire. We did attempt to help the population while we were there. We gave them money, supplies, funded schools, funded wells and livestock, all trying to improve their standard of living. To understand my view point on this subject, now that you have my background, you need to see it as I see it. If you offered cloths they would return them and ask for a diffrent color and throw them back and possibly spit on them first. When we went to help repair a house after someone complained it got caught in the ceasefire, we got there and the roof was blown in and initially we apologised. Then we go inside and find shells littering the ground where someone was clearly firing out the window, and a weapons cache in a "Shed"(Leanto pile of wood) behind the house. Kids would throw rocks which eventually became grenades. When you see them on tv giving a thumbs up next to soldiers to the camera guy… that's their equivalent of a middle finger over here. The one village elder that tried to pass us information on the local guerilla leaders I saw hanging in a tree later that day right before we were ambushed. Anytime we got ambushed or were about to be attacked the locals were always mysteriously absent before it happened. When an ied went off in a well we funded, someone had to have seen them building it in and didn't warn us. Then they turn around and ask to have it rebuilt. I understand that they could fall under attack if they didn't shoot when told to shoot and could be tortured if they refused, or worse. I understand that they don't have television or an education to give them a larger scale of the world then between this mountain and the next. However when it seems like they willingly turn a blind eye and spit on our help if it's not exactly the way they want it when they want it, and they seem to want to keep things the way they are because some far off leaders who run the country don't directly affect them. I say let them keep doing what they were doing before we went to that s#!% hole… sorry. To most of them, they view us as they viewed the Russians when they were there. As heathen invaders trying to take over their country. Never mind whether or not that is actually the case, that seems to be the general belief. The Pakistani soldiers came over just to get a few shots in at us, then fled safely back across the border. (Sorry written on a phone).

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2018 - 9:07am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA Afghanistan

Taliban gaining strength and territory in Afghanistan. Source 5p

The US Is Losing Badly in Afghanistan, but the Trump Administration Is Telling Americans Less. Source 4w.

Guest please SHARE: "Afghanistan vs USA" on:

Sponsored Links:

OPTIONS FOR DISCUSSION: About, How, When, Where, Why of Afghanistan vs USA
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Afghanistan vs USA

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Movies & Music Discussion from our Community:
Dave Hughes:
Best of  Dave Hughes David William Hughes - Comedian - presenter By News 14 Hours Ago
Harvey Weinstein:
  Harvey Weinstein American film producer and film studio executive - Mirmax Films By News 1.3 Day(s) Ago
Rob Kardashian:
  Rob Kardashian By News 2.6 Days Ago
The Outsider:
Top  The Outsider 2010s By Factual 3.4 Days Ago
Bomb City:
  Bomb City 2010s By Bountybeauty 6.6 Days Ago
The Next Dungeons & Dragons Movie:
  The Next Dungeons & Dragons Movie By Question 6.7 Days Ago
Cold Skin:
Top  Cold Skin 2010s By Factual 6.9 Days Ago
  Flower 2010s By Factual 1 Week Ago
7 Days In Entebbe: