Afghanistan vs USA - Page 10 of 64

Seems like the terrorists and Taliban are - Page 10 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Sep, 2008 - 3:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 64 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (64) »
versus U.S.A. Changing Face Of Afghanistan. Are they better off now?
Afghanistan vs USA Related Information to Afghanistan vs USA
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2008 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Afghanistan vs USA - Page 10

US 'to boost Afghanistan force'

US President George W Bush says more US troops will be deployed in Afghanistan by next year.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/s...sia/7486819.stm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2008 - 12:13pm / Post ID: #

USA Afghanistan

UN to urge revamp of Afghan aid

The UN's envoy to Afghanistan is to set out a new plan on aid spending amid fears that millions have been wasted.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/s...sia/7491825.stm

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2008 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

8 Soldiers Die!

At least eight US soldiers have been killed by Taleban militants in Afghanistan in one of the worst losses for coalition troops since 2001.
Ref. BBC

14th Jul, 2008 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Page 10 USA Afghanistan

This is a terrible thing - I hope she is found soon, and is alive and well.

Time magazine this week has a feature on the bizarre story of the mysterious disappearance of Afghanistan's only female, Olympics-bound runner. The 19-year-old Afghan middle distance runner, Mehbooba Andyar, went missing in Italy last week while on her way to the Olympics in China. Friends and co-athletes have not seen her since July 4, when she left her training facility in Formia, Italy.

Police are not ruling out any possibilities, although her missing bags and passport do indicate that she may have left on her own. Some believe she's seeking asylum in Europe over fear of Muslim extremists in her homeland where she faced constant rumors of prostitution and repeated threats of violence.

In a recent interview, Andyar said, "I'm the model for my country, being a woman in a typical Muslim nation. I'm very proud to say that I will be participating in the Olympic Games. By virtue of these opportunities, many women from my country are participating in many sports, and this will help to develop a better managed country."
When she competes against some of the finest runners in the world, with skills honed at the best facilities, Miss Andyar knows that she has little chance of a medal in either the 1,500m or 800m competitions. Just getting to Beijing will be more of an achievement than most athletic stars will ever know, even if she will be noticed on the racetrack mainly for wearing traditional Islamic dress instead of skin-tight Lycra, and for the novelty of being an Afghan woman.

The support of her coach, family and friends has buoyed her considerable inner reserves of determination but Miss Andyar's wish to run for Afghanistan has meant putting up with a lot in the past few weeks.

She said: "There have been so many phone calls from people saying I shouldn't be an athlete. There are often strange men hanging around outside my home. Sometimes stones are thrown at the windows at night and we have had threatening letters."

The catcalls and derision from her neighbours when she runs in the potholed streets around her home are so bad that she only runs at night when they are watching television, despite the risk of falling into a pile of rubbish or down an open drain.

She believes that one of the mystery callers has Taleban sympathies and a neighbour who reported her to the police is from the anti-Taleban Panjsher valley.

From March 22, 2008 https://www.timesonline.co.uk/

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 14th Jul, 2008 - 2:38am

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2008 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

USA Afghanistan

French Soldiers Die

Ten French soldiers have been killed in an ambush near the Afghan capital, Kabul, officials say.
Ref. BBC

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2008 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA

Afghanistan criticises US attack

Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai condemns a US raid which officials say killed at least 70 civilians.
Ref. Source 6

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2008 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Afghanistan USA - Page 10

In Wake of Deadly US Air Strike, Jeremy Scahill Questions Lawmakers About Obama's Afghanistan Policy

A UN probe in Afghanistan has backed claims of a massive civilian death toll from a US air strike last Thursday. The UN mission in Kabul says investigators found some ninety civilians, including sixty children, were killed in the attack. Democracy Now! correspondent Jeremy Scahill goes inside the Democratic National Convention to ask lawmakers about Barack Obama's foreign policy plan to deploy an additional 7,000-9,000 more troops to Afghanistan.
Ref. Source 7

14th Sep, 2008 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 10

Seems like the terrorists and Taliban are getting the upperhand in Afghanistan:

Afghan provincial governor killed

The governor of the Afghan province of Logar is killed in a roadside bomb attack near Kabul, officials say.
Ref. Source 8

The Russians could not do it, can the coalition forces?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Afghanistan vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,