Distance Education Equal? - Page 2 of 3

I have two Distance Education courses this - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 14th Jan, 2006 - 4:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Distance Learning What are your feelings on earning a degree without being in a classroom? More universities and colleges are opting to have their students take courses via the internet and by mail. Can you learn the same things via web learning or distance education just like someone in the classroom?
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2004 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Distance Education Equal?
A Friend

Distance Education Equal? - Page 2

I think that if somebody can take a course in the classroom, go for it. Not necessarily because it warrants more merit, but because you get a lot more feednack by actually being in the class. Some people don't have the time, nor the money, to go to an actual on campus university or college. Kids, jobs, or whatever reasons prohibit them from doing so. For those who haven't figured it out yet, I am all about education. I would love to see somebody taking online courses rather than not getting an education at all because they have restrictions.

I admire people who can participate in DE and actually learn stuff. I tried taking an AP American Government course in high school online, and I did not have the motivation to do anything. Plus, nothing was able to stick with me. DE, personally, is not for me. I really respect people who can buckle down and get their work done.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th May, 2005 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Equal Education Distance

Still concerned about earning a degree online?

Check out the many accredited Colleges and Universities offering this way to learn.
Ref. https://www.classesusa.com/featuredschools/fos/index.html

4th Jun, 2005 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

Distance Education Equal? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I am currently enrolled in a distant learning college. I am attending Empire State College which is part of the New York university system. I have taken classroom based classes in the past and I am required to submit more papers now than I was before. My class participation is more critically evaluated also. Distant learning is very real, as long as you attend a school that requires you to do the work.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2005 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Equal Education Distance

Strange I came upon this,

I have been toying around with the idea of continuing my education online for some time now at the Academy of Art, since being a designer I don't think I have the proper skills anymore to compete with some of the more high tech jobs (Flash, 3d Studio Max etc)

This is a link and it looks like it is fully accredited so after posting here I think I will go apply.

https://online.academyart.edu/about.html

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2005 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Equal Education Distance

There are pro's and con's the taking a distance education course, just like there are with taking an in the class course. If a person is a completely genius when it comes to English, then it would probably be a waste of time and energy to take an in the class course for a very basic English class. What's the point of sitting there for an hour listening to a lecture covering things you already know?

However, I do believe that some types of courses should be taken in a classroom. If you are getting a computer degree and can work from home, then that's fine. You are working with computers to help you with your degree. If you are an education major and taking your teaching method courses, then those are not classes that would be beneficial to take online. A person needs to be able to get up in a classroom and practice presentation in front of other people. I agree with JB when he said that he wouldn't feel to keen on the idea of having a doctor who had gotten most his learning done online coming to operate on me. It's a matter of what the class is.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2005 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have a friend that is enrolled in distance learning with a local college and after seeing exactly what is involved in her class, I don't thinK I'll ever go that route. She has to have periodic phone conferences with the teacher, subscribe to a forum-style classroom where she has to log a certain amount of hours each week in, has to write a minimum number of words each session she logs into, and still has to attend an actual school campus to take the exams. It seems like the distance learning class is more involved than taking the same class in a classroom setting. I guess it's good for some people with certain work schedules or restrictions. And agreeably, I think there are certain classes you should absolutely have to take in person. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2006 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Distance Education Equal - Page 2

STUDENTS PREFER ONLINE COURSES

Andy Steele lives just a few blocks from the campus of Black Hills State University in Spearfish, South Dakota, so commuting to class isn't the problem. But he doesn't like lectures much, isn't a morning person, and wants time during the day to restore motorcycles.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/01/13/on...e.ap/index.html

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2006 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Distance Education Equal Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I have two Distance Education courses this semester: Microeconomics and Psychology of Childhood and Youth. I decided to take economics online because the professor who teaches the course is the same professor that I took for government last semester, and I really struggled making it through her class. I got an A in the class, so it wasn't the work or the tests, but her lecturing style absolutely bored me to pieces. The way she talks so informally (practically shouting the word 'aint' every few minutes) and somewhat abrasive is not my type of lecture style. I couldn't put up with another semester of it.

I would rather take Psychology of Childhood and Youth in the classroom, but it's only offered online.

It does work out though because I am working two jobs this semester, and it frees up a lot of time.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Distance Education Equal?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,