Comfort Foods - Page 3 of 3

Like others have said, some of my favorite - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd Feb, 2005 - 3:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2005 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Comfort Foods
A Friend

Comfort Foods - Page 3

Like others have said, some of my favorite comfort foods come from my childhood, which is very interesting to me. I guess that just goes to show that you don't have to have the happiest childhood to still find comfort in the food you ate back then. In fact, maybe that makes them even more of a comfort food. Hmm, will have to look into this....After searching around the internet I found that the term 'comfort food' comes from the association of food with the love and nurturing usually associated with a mother (though, nowadays I think that can come from either a father or a mother, whoever might be the most nurturing and feeds the child the most) I think for me, food was not necessarily associated in that way with a parent, but more of something I could depend on to be a 'neutral figure' in my life, that wouldn't get upset with me or anything else negative. So, I think the comfort in food for me is found in the ability to control that area of my life and that no one can tell me now that I can't have something. The taste could probably be a factor as well. Sorry for the dissertation here, I just found this thought-provoking.

Anyway, my comfort foods are sweets or anything that is fattening for me to eat. I'm in a 'fruity' desserts and candy stage right now, and like that taste better than chocolate, which has always been my favorite. I also find rich foods in general comforting. I wonder why healthy foods are not as comforting as these foods that I have mentioned? I allow myself permission to indulge in my specific comfort foods when I am not being careful about what I eat and my health. Otherwise, I will try to find comfort in another way besides food, if I am aware that comfort is what I'm needing instead of food. That is a skill that I need to fine tune more.

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Comfort Foods

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,