Comfort Foods - Page 2 of 3

Bagels with cream cheese are my comfort food. - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Nov, 2004 - 6:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2004 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Comfort Foods
A Friend

Comfort Foods - Page 2

QUOTE (AGene @ 14-Jun 04, 4:15 PM)

EEEEWWWW~ now I remember, my older sister tried making this. It was the messiest stuff ever. Guess you have to know how to do it. I am most definitely a Pacific North Westener! 

From the article I quoted, it is obvious the author doesn't like it ~ how do you like it fixed Fugitive247?

Scrapple should never be "mushy"... yuck! And I sure wouldn't eat it uncooked, either. After all, we're talking pork here (although there is beef scrapple as well, but not quite as tasty IMHO).

Start with a well chilled loaf. This makes for easier, neater slicing. Cut the loaf into not quite 1/4" thick slices. Grab your skillet- if it's cast iron (my favorite), you may want to use vegetable spray (Pam, et al...), if it's teflon coated don't worry about it too much. Set your range to medium/high and preheat the pan before adding the scrapple. It's hot enough for cooking when a few drops of water sizzle in the pan.

Place the slices close together, but not touching or they will fuse together. Now we wait... maybe 3 minutes or so. Use a thin spatula and gently lift one corner of a piece. If it's nice and golden brown, flip 'em over. After they're all nice and crispy, remove from the pan and drain on a couple of paper towels. Enjoy with your favorite style of eggs, or pancakes, waffles, in a sandwich... use your imagination.

BTW, please feel free to call me either fugi or Chris. Nice to meet you!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2004 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Comfort Foods
A Friend

Foods Comfort

Wow, that scrapple sounds awesome, I'm going to have to give that a try!

For comfort food I typically perfer some kind of ice cream, or chocolate, or better yet a mixing of the two!

QUOTE (AGene)
Something I realized, is that smells are an integral part of comfort foods. The comfort of homemade bread is its smells as well as the taste! The yeasty smell as it is rising, as well as that rich, mouth watering smell of it baking.

I'm a congenital anosmic, so I can't smell anything. So I guess I miss out on that particular part of the comfort food.

Being anosmic I eat more for texture, so I also like my comfort food to be tough, and chewy. If it's really soft it doesn't really bring me any comfort.

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2004 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Comfort Foods
A Friend

Comfort Foods Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

dont know if this is what you call comfort food but when im up tight i cook and then dont eat but watch everybody else enjoy the food i cooked i guess there is a bright side to all this you cant get fat if you dont eat when up tight thats how i handle my stress

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2004 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Comfort Foods
A Friend

Page 2 Foods Comfort

Well, my choices for comfort food are pretty limited. . . I started the Atkins lifestyle about six months ago. So, most times that I start looking around for comfort food, I end up with a few slices of cheese, or if I'm lucky a container of low-carb icecream in the freezer.

18th Oct, 2004 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Foods Comfort

Depends on my mood but some of my comfort foods are: Doritos with nacho cheese, anything chocolate and caramel rolls. Gosh I'm getting hungry now. At times even pizza can be comfort food.

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2004 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Comfort Foods
A Friend

Comfort Foods

^_^ When I am sick, I turn to homemade chicken and dumplin's and good old fashion gingerale. (As us folks down south call it. ) It is gentle on the stomach and it leaves you with that warm fuzzy feeling.

When I am depressed I, like many other women out there, eat chocolate. Dark chocolate in particular. It is said that chocolate has a chemical similar to the one produced in the body when you are in love.

When I am stressed, it's beef jerky. Call it strange, but chewing relieves some crazy stress built up in the system. And it's carb free!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Nov, 2004 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Comfort Foods - Page 2

My comfort foods are tacos, no matter how I feel, whether I am happy or sad, they ALWAYS have the ability to cheer me up! for real! I LOVE them. tongue.gif

24th Nov, 2004 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Comfort Foods Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Bagels with cream cheese are my comfort food. Very good with a flavored soda like grape.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Comfort Foods

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,