Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? - Page 3 of 11

But the problem is Nighthawk a lot of illegals, - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Nov, 2005 - 8:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »
Immigration Law No, this is not just about the USA, this happens anywhere and in any country. They are in: The restaurant business. Construction. The hotel industry. Agriculture. Can any of these function without Immigrants willing to do the job?
Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? Related Information to Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them?
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2004 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them?
A Friend

Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? - Page 3

#1:I also am a former Marine, a job that I took very seriously, and I dont think I need to say how important communication is on a battle field,yet some still did not speak very good english(while I was in I saw only one color, green).My point is this:If they have their way we will soon need to conform to them.(I.E. the recent attempt to get all illegals the right to a drivers license,which requires a social security number,(where would they get that I wonder?)and with a partial SSN# they can obtain the right to vote,need I say more?).If we are so concerned with educating their people,why then do we not take the effort to them?We in So.Cal (and other western states) should not have to suffer by lowering our school programs to fit their needs(something going on all too often).If we give away all we have the right to as americans in america,soon it will all lose it meaning.

As for bragging about lost control,hardly,merely the facts of a construction site,my men do not deserve to have their safety impaired by hoards of illegal aliens,nor should they constantly be worried throughout the day about their belongings parked out in the street.These should be the concern of the job site superintendant,who is the first person dropping the ball,so if that ball bounces my way,I will play it the way I see fit.Which is why the super should be out on the job not sitting in his shack waiting for problems to boil over.Like they used to.They are now VERY lazy at handling job site PR.(This is an entire seperate topic I will not go into further.)

#2:Here is something else bothering me:IF you go to home depot any day of the week down here,not to mention some street corners,like bums.(I go there quite often being in a trade).There is ALWAYS groups of illegals as large as 50-100 waiting in the parking lot to be worked for the day,only to be back the next day loitering.and nothing is being done ever! The local police departments do nothing for legal reasons(no body can afford being sued down here,which also happens far too often.)Basically they are breaking our back,and soon everything they do will have to be considered o.k. something I am not comfortable with,along with most of my family/friends(lots of people mind you.with storng LDS influence in there,not that it matters to me,but for some it is important that they know such things.)
The legal approach to finding work would be to go through unemployment,but you cant do that if you are illegal can you?This does not occur at one Home depot, it occurs at over 6 of the local home depots that I have visited (I suspect it goes on more and more with each passing day).Since the store managers are of the same ethnic decent,they let it go on in the dont ask dont tell policy.I have done my research on the subject of illegals.And in the rest of the country I would say they are for the most part good,decent people,but not down here,for that matter the general attitude in cali in a harsh one by all you encounter,something I had to learn in order to survive here.Do I like it? NO. Thats why I will not stay here long.I do'nt like to fight my way every day here,which is what it has become.Sad but true.

#3: Not too long ago ,on the job, INS (immigration control) used to come out and visit the job.Because we all know how easy it is to blend in on a job site,they would find a few 'illegals' and send them 'home',they way I suppose some of you feel it should be handled,now a 'blind' eye is/has been turned to the subject,and INS no longer comes out for any reason(in these times of terrorists and what not this really makes absolutely no sense)the situation did not 'fix' itself, it grew with enormous consequences.Just to throw numbers around(something the media does anyway) there is something like 10 million illegal aliens from not just mexico,but all over,living in California.The media recently released a poll that put the number at something like 6-7 million (but I think they are being very generous).

#4:My son also does not deserve to live this way,most of the kids around us speak only spanish making it very difficult for him to make friends.And in school he does not recieve some of the attention required to make him a better student(3 out of 4 teachers in his grade are made to be bilingual,so they can teach the students,not teach them english,teach them math,science,history,all in their language,again why is this necesary?).Think of the resources we could save if we did not print every last document in spanish and english,then think what kind of country we would live in if they had to raise their standards to meet our own,not the other way around.

#5: my last example : My brothers mother in law works at the local walmart.She works the night shift. Her job when finding a thief in the store is to let them go,for some reason they NEVER pay for razors.(store policy).They are also guilty for taking larger boxes to another part of the store,emptying it, then filling it with all sorts of merchandise,paying for what is supposed to be in the box.A scam that has changed store policy nation wide,not to mention the price rising in order to compensate the loss(shrinkage). Also these people love to use the toy section as a baby sitting program,letting them completely destroy things while they go off and shop.I guess it could be said they dont know any better,but again how could you educate someone who is obviously doing something because they can get away with it?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Nov, 2005 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Them Hate Them Love Immigrants

Kids of Illegal Immigrants - No Citizenship

In fourth-grade, I lived in fear of our class bully. It took me a while to realize he wasn't going to beat me up. Like all bullies, he had a finely honed instinct that led him to seek out only my weakest classmates. I thought of him when I learned that Republicans in the House of Representatives, searching for a solution to the immigration crisis, are considering a proposal to end birthright citizenship. These bullies are zeroing in on the children of undocumented workers.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051125/...bullytreatment;

26th Nov, 2005 - 10:51am / Post ID: #

Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? History & Civil Business Politics

I think we are a little bit harsh on illegal immigrants. Just because someone enters a country illegally doesn't mean they are entitled to be treated badly or with prejudice. This form of racism is disturbing. Countries can not just open their borders to whoever they want to, but that doesn't mean that people who can not get in through legal avenues are any worse than people who can.

Most people who enter a country illegally are desperate or just looking for a better life.

This illegal immigrant issue has disgracefully been used as a political pawn by the Howard Government to win votes. Illegals who arrive in Australia are thrown into prisons (detention centres) often in scorching hot, desert-like conditions. There have been cases where people have been held for more than five years because of the ridiculous processing and appeals system. In some cases their country of origin wouldn't recognise their citizenship and they were left destitute and homeless.

Locking someone up for that period of time, as they do in Guantanamo Bay, is detrimental to their physical and psychological health. Does anyone really deserve this because they are so desperate to flee a war-torn country they would travel by boat to our shores at great risk? I don't think so.

One fact that is often overlooked in my country is the largest population of illegal immigrants by far are UK citizens who overstay their visa and don't return home. But because they are white and seen as "one of us" nothing is said about these people who take the jobs of Australians etc.

Let's not forget the US, Australia and so many other nations were colonised by illegal immigrants.

While I agree we can not have an open door policy, I don't think it is fair to treat illegal immigrants with contempt. Multiculturalism is the greatest thing about Australia and something that should be fostered and embraced. I hope, but doubt, this is the case around the world.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2005 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Them Hate Them Love Immigrants

I don't particularly love or hate immigrants. I think everybody has a rightful place in our world, no matter the country or nation. The time I get frustrated with immigrant is if they don't carry their own weight in society.

I don't agree with illegal immigration. I understand becoming a legal citizen does take quite a bit of doing, but I think if a person is going to enter a nation, that nation has a right to know who is in their borders. In order for a country to effectively fullfill the needs of the people who reside within their border, they need to know the people within their borders.

I do agree that illegal immigrants should not be discriminated and treated badly, but I think that entering a country illegally should be dealt with, but in a civilized manner. I think some countries go a bit extreme to deal with it, but I don't think it should be ignored. No country is financially secure enough to handle a bunch of people who slip in through the borders.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2005 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Them Hate Them Love Immigrants

GROUP WANTS ONLY EUROPEAN IMMIGRANTS

A group called the Coalition for a Humanistic Euro-British Canada has publicly advocated limiting immigration to Europeans.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/20...r-ad051125.html

27th Nov, 2005 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

Most immigrants I know tend to be very hard working and law abiding citizens. In fact the biggest social problems I have noticed come from the children of immigrants (Australians who feel ostracised), or Australian's who are prejudiced towards them.

I think immigration is a good thing but it needs to be controlled. We shouldn't treat illegals like criminals. They need to dealt with in a fair and respectful manner.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Nov, 2005 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Immigrants Love Them Hate Them - Page 3

There is only one statement that I disagree with:

QUOTE (arvhic)
We shouldn't treat illegals like criminals.

But they ARE criminals! There are laws and procedures to allow them to legally immigrate, but they decide to BREAK THOSE LAWS! That is the definition of criminal. And they are breaking those laws for their own gain!

My daughter and her new husband are visiting us. They both work for a landscaping company near Phoenix, Arizona. Most of the workers are Mexican. They are only certain that one of them is legal. This young man decided to make his life better by getting a legal work visa, working hard, and saving his money. He has built a house in Mexico, learned to speak English, and tried to assimilate into his adopted culture.

Due to various political pressures, they are unable to verify for sure whether most of their workers are legal or not. Most of them are great workers. They contribute greatly towards the success of the business. But if they entered the US illegally, then they are criminals.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

28th Nov, 2005 - 8:51am / Post ID: #

Immigrants Love Them Hate Them Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

But the problem is Nighthawk a lot of illegals, not all of them, but a lot don't have the opportunity to come into these countries legally. If you are being hunted down by your oppressive government then what do you do? Wait years upon years for your application to come through and remain on the run, which might never happen, or do you flee.

If people enter a country illegally and are found to be illegal then that is fine. They should be dealt with appropriately. But if they are illegal in entry but have legitimate reasons for arriving then we should not treat them badly. I don't know the US situation, but in Australia everyone is presumed illegal until they go through the system and can prove otherwise. They are locked up and on some occasions can wait for years. That is what I don't agree with.

In addition, I don't believe entering a country illegally is a severe crime that deserves harsh punishment. Is it really that bad a crime to strive for a better life? There are far worse crimes one can commit.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,