Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? - Page 4 of 11

This is one of those subjects that I think - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Oct, 2006 - 5:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »
Immigration Law No, this is not just about the USA, this happens anywhere and in any country. They are in: The restaurant business. Construction. The hotel industry. Agriculture. Can any of these function without Immigrants willing to do the job?
Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? Related Information to Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them?
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2005 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them?
A Friend

Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? - Page 4

I love immigrants--my mother is one! smile.gif She is from the Netherlands, wanted to come to America since she was 5 years old, and moved here as soon as she was old enough and had a sponsor. She's lived here ever since, has been a productive member of our society, and became a naturalized citizen.

It seems to me that VERY few people can claim to be members of original peoples of the land where they live. The question shouldn't be, IMO, whether or not to allow immigration, how to control it, or how to "manage" immigrants, but rather how to integrate (not necessarily assimilate) them into the society of whichever nation they are entering.

Dror

Sponsored Links:
28th Nov, 2005 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Them Hate Them Love Immigrants

QUOTE (arvhic @ 28-Nov 05, 4:51 AM)
If people enter a country illegally and are found to be illegal then that is fine. They should be dealt with appropriately.

Actually, that is all I ask for. I want the current laws to be enforced - fully. I don't ask for harsh punishments. Illegal entry is criminal, but the punishment should just be quick deportment.

The flood of Mexican and other Latin American immigrants into the US has absolutely nothing to do with political oppression. The known Iraqi, Iranian, Syrian, Saudi Arabian, Afghan, etc. illegal immigrants MAY have something to do with political oppression. It COULD BE that they are fleeing the oppressive environments of Muslim oppression. But it could just as easily be that they are here to create their own form of oppression in the form of terror.

Personally, I don't really care if Australia, Britain, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Norway or any other country wants to allow unrestricted immigration from North Africa, Asia, or anywhere else. I want MY country to enforce the laws that we have passed, and protect our borders.

I love immigration. My wife is an immigrant. But she went through the full legal process to do so. That is the difference. She respects the rule of law. Illegal immigration shows disrespect for the rule of law, for the country where the immigrant is entering, and for the laws of that country.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

29th Nov, 2005 - 9:46am / Post ID: #

Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? History & Civil Business Politics

I agree with you 100 per cent Nighthawk. Wow, we actually agree on something!

Unfortunately I don't agree with the way Australia deals with their illegals because they are treating them in a similar fashion to criminals. Not intentionally, just through poor management and terrible facilities.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2005 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 4 Them Hate Them Love Immigrants

EDITORIAL: DON'T MAKE ILLEGALS FELONS

When it comes to immigration woes, one can opt for inspiration, perspiration or desperation. And given the recent move by the U.S. House of Representatives to label all illegal immigrants as `felons,` it's our opinion the House is showing too much of the latter and not nearly enough of the former two.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2006 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

Them Hate Them Love Immigrants

IMMIGRANT TEEN HEADS BACK TO SCHOOL

A teenager who is trying to avoid deportation to his native Germany before he graduates from high school was released Thursday from jail, although authorities still say he is in the country illegally.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/05/german.teen.ap/index.html

11th Jan, 2006 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Now this is an interesting request... "be nicer"? The number of illegals that enter the US I am sure really weighs down the system and in many cases slows the process for more weightier matters, but then again... it provides jobs. However, I am sure some US citizens are tired, but of course that is no reason to abuse a human being.

COURTS TOLD TO BE NICER TO IMMIGRANTS

Saying judges have been "intemperate or even abusive," Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on Tuesday ordered a review of immigration courts and insisted that they improve their treatment of immigrants.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/01/10/immigrat...tter/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2006 - 11:57am / Post ID: #

Immigrants Love Them Hate Them - Page 4

Immigration fuels housing battles

Overcrowded housing is emerging as a battleground in the national debate over immigration as towns and counties crack down on landlords who permit many unrelated people to occupy single-family homes.
Ref. https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-0...migration_x.htm

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2006 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Immigrants Love Them Hate Them Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

This is one of those subjects that I think weighs heavy on the hearts of people from every walk of life and every nation.

Personally, my family can be traced from the nobility in England, straight to Plymouth Rock and has been in the United States ever since. This isn't bragging, it's just that my family tree is a little different than most. There are a lot of immigrant nationalities as well as Native American heritage that has been mixed in with my family tree, but the main namesake is one of the oldest colonized families still present in America today.

I guess my heritage has made me a bit more interested in other cultures because, to me, it has always seemed a bit drab to be from England and in this country from the beginning. It's noble, but boring. I was always fascinated by people from other countries, whether it's Africa, Germany, Ireland, Australia, Spain, Mexico...doesn't matter. I guess this makes me a little more open to immigrants because I see them as a link between fascinating cultures, countries, and ways of life and the drab normality that is my home country. I don't mean to infer that I don't value America, I do. I guess I have just become used to it.

My conflict comes when dealing with "undocumented" or "illegal" aliens. These people are from all over the world. It seems to me that he concentration on the illegal population is focused on Mexican immigrants, but I simply do not see it that way. I know many many legal immigrants, even where I live in West Virginia, who have come from Mexico, Korea, and Japan. I value them all. But, no matter where you are from, if you are here illegally, you are here illegally, end of story.

I think, with regards to America, we need to refine our immigration system to make it easier to immigrate, but also easier for immigration officials to distinguish between the hard working families who want to be part of American and all we stand for, and those who want to traffick drugs or import illegal firearms and weapons.

One thing that absolutely, unequivocally must happen is a crack down on our border. Not only is it dangerous to our country's safety to have people coming across our border without even being stopped and checked, it's very dangerous to them. Many many people die in the deserts of Texas, New Mexico and Nevada every year because of failed attempts to illegally immigrate and it breaks my heart.

I understand why people want to come here and I think we need to get a working system in place to help them do that, with safeguards to insure our protection. But I don't think that we should look lightly on those who are here illegally, or even those companies who hire them. Something needs to be done, and quickly, or we are going to leave a real mess for our children or their children's children to have to clean up.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,