Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? - Page 6 of 11

Immigrants sound so much better than illegal - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd May, 2007 - 10:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 11 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (11) »
Immigration Law No, this is not just about the USA, this happens anywhere and in any country. They are in: The restaurant business. Construction. The hotel industry. Agriculture. Can any of these function without Immigrants willing to do the job?
Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? Related Information to Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them?
19th Apr, 2007 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? - Page 6

Because America has entered into "treaties" and "agreements" with Mexico and Canada to eventually transform our three countries into the North American Union. I think we have a thread here somewhere about it. So it wouldn't do for either America or Mexico to make too much of this. It might lead us to war ( gasp! ) rather than treaties. It's also why nothing much is done to secure our southern border. Both sides make speeches and propose laws and posture, etc., but really nothing has changed in the past 20 years except the border problem is getting worse.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Apr, 2007 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Them Hate Them Love Immigrants

750+ Immigrants Detained in "Operation Return To Sender" Raids

Over the past month U.S. authorities have arrested and detained at least 750 immigrants in raids across the country. The sweeps are part of a program dubbed Operation Return To Sender run by the federal agency ICE, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement. We speak with longtime labor journalist, David Bacon.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/27/140200

2nd May, 2007 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them? History & Civil Business Politics

Sometimes I wonder... with all the hardline efforts the US puts out in order to curb Immigrants yet they allow them all to gather and protest? Could this happen in another country?

THOUSANDS OF IMMIGRATION MARCHERS RALLY ACROSS U.S.

Demonstrators descended on city centers across the country Tuesday to press Congress to give the estimated 12 million people in the United States illegally a path to citizenship.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/01/immigrati...ests/index.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd May, 2007 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Them Hate Them Love Immigrants

I kind of wondered that myself. It would be the cheapest sting operation that the government every put together. The only problem is that I think it would actually be illegal for them to do it. Yeah, all the people you want to deport just got together and had a party, but you cannot pick them up for deportation. Only in America!

I just want them to pay taxes like the rest of us if they are staying!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

2nd May, 2007 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Them Hate Them Love Immigrants

Demonstrators descended on city centers across the country Tuesday to press Congress to give the estimated 12 million people in the United States illegally a path to citizenship.

Sorry, they are MAD! They want citizenship? No problem. They need to return to their homelands and apply for legal status like most honest people would do. I am tired of seeing how the system always ends up helping the dishonest ones and those who want to do it legally, can never get through.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 2nd May, 2007 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them?

Police Fire Rubber Bullets, Tear Gas Into Peaceful LA Immigration March

In Los Angeles, an afternoon immigrant rights march ended when police fired dozens of rubber bullets and tear gas into the peaceful crowd. Families with young children were forced to flee for their safety. Eyewitnesses said police gave little or no warning before firing the rubber bullets.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/02/1427204

Hundreds of Students Walk Out of Classrooms to Support Immigrant Rights

Students once again played a key role in the May Day protests. In Los Angeles, city officials reported around six hundred students walked out of class to join the march for immigrant rights. Meanwhile in Detroit, dozens of students were arrested for taking part in a walkout that also protested the planned closure of dozens of schools. We speak with two student organizers.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/02/1427210

A Look at the Forces Behind the Anti-Immigrant Movement

We take a look at the forces behind the anti-immigrant movement with journalist Max Blumenthal of The Nation. Blumenthal says the ideas for the movement "did not come from a vacuum and they're not necessarily a rational response to a crisis. They come from the white nationalist movement, a movement that seeks to maintain what they consider the white character of then United States."
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/02/1427217

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd May, 2007 - 6:49am / Post ID: #

Immigrants Love Them Hate Them - Page 6

This entire scenario just burns me up! These students who are joining "the march for immigrant rights" have no idea what they are marching for - they just want to have an opportunity to walk out of class for the day without getting into trouble. Many of these protestors have no idea what they are marching for.

They demand "immigrant rights" and they denounce "racism" but that isn't the topic. The topic is ILLEGAL immigration and ILLEGAL aliens. As such, these are lawbreakers who should have NO LEGAL rights in this country.

I'm sick to death of these people who have no idea what is really going on, but will show up to the protest just because they heard about it on the news. If the mainstream media hadn't picked up the torch and announced all the "planned protests" that were going to occur, a lot of the people involved would never have even heard about the protests.

And I'm sick of these organizations that make "immigration" and "ILLEGAL immigration" sound like one and the same thing when they are NOT. We are not "anti-immigrant" we are anti-ILLEGAL immigration. These inflammatory speeches and hate-talk rhetoric are not generated by the American public but by political activists with their own agendas.

It's not about racism. It's about the LAW. And if the United States of America would BUILD a fence instead of SITTING on the fence about it, we would have less of a problem within the United States and more security along our borders.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

3rd May, 2007 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

Immigrants Love Them Hate Them Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Immigrants sound so much better than illegal aliens doesn't it? The thing that really gets to me is that they are here and many have been here for a LONG LONG time and they are using the benefits that citizens tax dollars provide (health care, educationing their children, welfare - in some cases...) but yet they pay nothing for it. As long as "immigrants rights" also include the right or rather the requirement to pay taxes, then I might be interested in talking. I seriously think that if they had to cough up about 20% of what they make to stay here, then they might not be so keen on the idea and there would be less "immigrants". I might want to put a limit on the amount of remissions that are allowed to be shipped back to the mother land. Again, if you can't send lots of that money back to Mexico, it might not be as attractive for you or the government of Mexico for you to be in the US. Seriously, the only reason the Mexican government likes the open boarder is all the remissions that make it back to Mexico for nothing done on their part. It is a nice boost to their economy, which needs it.

Personally, I do think there needs to be a border that is secure. Not only from the influx of immigrants, but what about terrorist. Why would you ever fly a commercial jet into the US when you can come through Canada or Mexico with ease. I know it is getting more difficult with the Passport requirements, but that is assuming you go through the limited number of gates and not just stroll in from the thousands of unsecure boarder miles.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: Immigrants - Love Them Or Hate Them?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,