Pathfinder The Role Playing Game - Page 2 of 2

I agree with JPatt in that Pathfinder and - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Oct, 2015 - 5:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 
Best of  Pathfinder Role Playing Game Pathfinder RPG
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2011 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Pathfinder The Role Playing Game
A Friend

Pathfinder The Role Playing Game - Page 2

Yeah, that might be fun but for now I'm interested in seeing what you guys have got going on in medieval. I like GMing but I also like being a player and I don't get that opportunity very often.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2013 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Game Playing Role Pathfinder

Pathfinder updated the Community Use Package: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Record Sheets to include more of the sheets available for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Core Rulebook Character Sheet
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: GameMastery Guide Basic Rules Cheat Sheet
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: GameMastery Guide Campaign Sheet
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: GameMastery Guide NPC Sheet
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: GameMastery Guide Settlement Sheet
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Magic Companion Sheet
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Campaign Army Sheet
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Campaign Downtime Tracking Sheet
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Campaign Kingdom Sheets
Ref. Paizo Publishing

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2013 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

Pathfinder The Role Playing Game Reviews RPG & Card Board

[Paizo publishing] has updated the Community Use Package: Logos to include the Pathfinder Adventure Path logos and new Pathfinder product line logos.

Paizo and Pathfinder Product Line Logos

Paizo Publishing, LLC
Pathfinder
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game
Pathfinder Adventure Path
Pathfinder Battles
Pathfinder Campaign Setting
Pathfinder Cards
Pathfinder Flip-Mat
Pathfinder Map Pack
Pathfinder Module
Pathfinder Pawns
Pathfinder Player Companion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society
Pathfinder Tales

Pathfinder Adventure Path Logos

Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition
Curse of the Crimson Throne
Second Darkness
Legacy of Fire
Council of Thieves
Kingmaker
Serpent's Skull
Carrion Crown
Jade Regent
Skull & Shackles
Shattered Star
Reign of Winter
Wrath of the Righteous

Historic Logos

GameMastery
Planet Stories
Titanic Games
Pathfinder Society
Pathfinder Tales
PaizoCon 2009 - 2013
RPG Superstar 2009 - 2013

8th Feb, 2014 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Game Playing Role Pathfinder

Paizo Publishing has recently updated the Community Use Package: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Record Sheets.

They added the character sheet for Pathfinder Adventure Path: Mythic Adventures. You can as usual obtain this through account assets on their site.

16th Apr, 2015 - 10:41am / Post ID: #

Game Playing Role Pathfinder

Something To Look Out For

In an effort to specialize the Text Role-playing Game Character Creator I will soon add Pathfinder character avatars and symbols to the lineup of options so Pathfinder enthusiasts can keep the feel and uniqueness of their Characters apart from other systems.

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2015 - 11:41am / Post ID: #

Pathfinder The Role Playing Game

Pathfinder Community Use Package: Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Iconics to include the following iconic characters from Pathfinder Role-playing Game Occult Adventures:

Kineticist - Yoon
Medium - Erasmus
Mesmerist - Meligaster
Occultist - Mavaro
Psychic - Rivani
Spiritualist - Estra

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Sep, 2015 - 11:39am / Post ID: #

Pathfinder Role Playing Game - Page 2

One thing I will give the owners of Pathfinder is praises for always willing to share their art and books. It will be nice if other companies was like that. Maybe they see it being a plus in keeping the interest alive but maybe not as profitable.

30th Oct, 2015 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Pathfinder Role Playing Game Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

I agree with JPatt in that Pathfinder and Dungeons & Dragons3.5 are essentially the same beast with only minor variations. Pathifnder streamlined and cleaned up things a bit, but it could almost be deemed Dungeons & Dragons3.75. I think that is because Pathifnder was in answer to Dungeons & Dragons4E by fans of the 3.5 system who enjoyed that system, but because of licensing they couldn't call it Dungeons & Dragons. When 4E came out Wizard of the Coast of course focused its resources on creating supplements and other merchandise aimed at its new system, which seemed to be heavily focused on the battle grid and the use of miniatures.

I do have to put a disclaimer here though in that I have never played 4E. Most of my knoweldge of that particular system is from anecdotal evidence provided by those that have played it. I started out with 2nd edition Advance Dungeons & Dragons and moved to 3.5 but then went through a stage in my life where I quit Role-playing Game 's and got rid of all my books. I never got around to buying any of the 4E books and by the time I returned to the hobby I remember going to a gaming store and seeing Pathfinder sitting next to 4E. A quick glance through the books and it struck me that 4E was barely Dungeons & Dragons as I once knew it, Pathfinder seemed to be closer to what I had known. I asked the store owner about the differences as I was looking to get back into the hobby and when he told me that 4E was akin to basically playing a video game on paper I put that book down and grabbed Pathfinder instead.

I liked 3.5, and I liked the way Pathfinder did streamline the system a bit and I didn't feel the need to go back to 3.5. However, some of the issues that I had with 3.5 were not addressed in Pathfinder. Most notably I never did like all of the feats and the excessive modifiers. The system lent itself well to "Power gamers" And "Min/maxers" As well and when you started adding in supplements and different variations on classes as well as prestige classes it seemed to me that there was a bit of overpowering going on and the system could easily be "Broken" By those that cared to manipulate the numbers to their advantage. It was about character building rather than character development.

Ultimately it can be a good system as long those playing are not taking advantage of it and trying to "Win." WOTC addressed many of these issues in 5E by placing more emphasis on role playing and eliminating such large modifiers. In Pathfinder I've seen 1st level characters with skill modifiers ranging from +7 to +10; you generally won't see this in a 1st level 5E character.

As a GM creating appropriate difficulty modifiers for Pathfinder characters could be difficult and often involved a lot of crunch; something that has been mitigated somewhat in 5E through the use of advantage vs. Disadvantage rather than piling on various modifiers.

Ultimately though, it is the GM and the Players that ,make a good Role-playing Game. Players that are not spotlight hogs, power gamers, min/maxers etc. Along with a good GM/Dungeon Master can make a good Role-playing Game experience out of almost any system. JPATT is right though, if you liked 3.5 you will probably enjoy Pathfinder; and there is good possibility, though not a guarantee, that you will like Pathfinder more than 3.5. Truth be told though, I do prefer 5E over Pathfinder, but fully anticipate that as a GM I will have to place limitations on character creation and the use of supplemental rules with 5E once all the supplements start being churned out by WOTC in a manner similar to the way I have to limit these things in any Pathfinder games I run lest I am confronted with a player that wants to run a Half-Orc, Half Celestial gunslinger/summoner/barbarian/paladin who has managed to build a character that is basically a one man party able to single handedly dominate just about any situation.

Reconcile Edited: Aericsteele on 30th Oct, 2015 - 5:56pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pathfinder The Role Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,