Mormon Exorcism - Page 5 of 12

Let me explain it this. One spirit, as in - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2009 - 10:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (12) »
Mormon Exorcism
Casting out demons from the body... Demon possession. Specific ordinance for casting out evil spirits?
19th Nov, 2007 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism - Page 5

Does the church have some kind of guide book for exorcism like it does with other ordinances?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th May, 2009 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Exorcism Mormon

QUOTE (Josh @ 19-Nov 07, 2:51 AM)
Does the church have some kind of guide book for exorcism like it does with other ordinances?

I would really like to find out about this as well, I have never really been taught about evil spirits or demons, and I wouldn't mind learning a bit more. Does anyone have any book or website recommendations regarding the LDS church and evil spirits?

I'm not going to go ghost-hunting or anything, I would just like to know more about that 1/3 which got cast out of heaven.

29th May, 2009 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism Studies Doctrine Mormon

There is not a specific ordinance, that I know of, for "exorcism". It is simply a Priesthood blessing.

Post Date: 29th May, 2009 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Page 5 Exorcism Mormon

Oh okay, that makes sense, thank you. What would you suggest I should read if I wanted to find out more about these evil spirits?

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2009 - 11:07am / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Exorcism Mormon

FYI

Nighthawk mentioned a book several years ago:Healing the Inner Self: From Darkness into Light. The book may be purchased here.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2009 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Mormon Exorcism

There is far more possession of earthbound spirits than there is possession of earthly spirits because have they already experienced death and have lost hope. This places them into the darkness which is the natural realm of the fallen ones. This is also why haunting's can become so vicious. After all there is no way that a disembodied spirit can attack the living except that it is given power and rage by an evil spirit.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Jul, 2009 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism - Page 5

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. What do you mean given power by an evil spirit? I think you need to define what you mean by this.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2009 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Mormon Exorcism Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

Let me explain it this. One spirit, as in a disembodied earthbound spirit who has lost all hope of going home, is in that dispairing state subject to the manipulation of evil spirits.
The one human spirit becomes a vehicle for the evil spirit. Essentially the same thing as physical possession but on a spirit basis. The discarnate human spirit cannot reach out and burn a house down, or make tables tilt, or produce the myriad of other effects of the "spiritualist" world.

The disembodied spirit has no power to do these things on its own. Just like physical possession, where all manner of extraordinary manifestations occur, possession of disembodied earthbound spirits produces all manner of physical manifestations -- even to out-and-out attack on humans. But the source is the evil entity and the earthbound spirit is as much a victim as everyone else.

There are three steps in removing the possession of earthbound spirits.

1. Rebuking the evil spirit in the name of Jesus Christ. This means to force the evil spirit to stand still.

2. Command the evil spirit to leave the earthbound spirit in the name of Jesus Christ
and by the authority of the Priesthood that you hold.

3. Call on the Lord to send good spirits to take the lost spirit home.

In this way the evil spirit can be cast out and the poor, lost earthbound spirit can be sent home.

Randy

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Mormon Exorcism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,