Mormon Exorcism - Page 6 of 12

The other day my oldest son (9) asked me if - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jul, 2009 - 11:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 12 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (12) »
Mormon Exorcism
Casting out demons from the body... Demon possession. Specific ordinance for casting out evil spirits?
2nd Jul, 2009 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism - Page 6

Interesting, but do you have source material behind these statements or are you merely introducing your philosophy as "This is my opinion..."?

Mormon Exorcism
Mormon Exorcism (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2009 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Exorcism Mormon

My source of information on these matters is the only source of information I have ever had. His name is Jesus Christ, Messiah/Redeemer. I have always had a very close relationship with the Lord. I am a High Priest in the LDS faith and a direct descendent by blood from Aaron and thus Moses. So are a lot of us. Anyway about 30 years ago the Lord told me that He had called me to a special work before the world was and that work was to actively fight evil wherever I found it lurking in the shadows. He said He had given me the authority to deal with all things demonic/evil. For thirty years now He has taught me to be a spiritual warrior.

I am working on writing a basic manual for church brothers/sisters in the subject of spiritual warfare as the Lord taught it to me. When it is done I will submit it to the General Authorities.

What I share comes from the Lord taught me. I never claim it of myself. In fact I ask that no one accept what I say because I say it. Take it to the Lord. There is great wisdom in this. Challenge everything least you be deceived. Challenge me as well.

Randy

3rd Jul, 2009 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism Studies Doctrine Mormon

These things are keen of interest for me. We get many Members coming here claiming they were taught many things by the Lord or have even seen Him. I am not disputing whether they have or have not, nor whether your methods for Exorcism is truth or not however we do have an organized format for sharing what is source material and personal opinion. See: Read Me First Thread which should be read first before participating. If this is your personal take then "In my opinion..." or "What I have been taught by... (insert your experience)" or scriptural / doctrinal source. Otherwise anyone can come and say this is the method for Exorcism.

Rather off topic, but...
If you are uncertain or have questions feel free to ask in your Introduction Thread, the first post you made when you joined.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2009 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Page 6 Exorcism Mormon

I did read the Read Me First Thread. Whatever forum I am on I work hard to follow the rules. To do otherwise is simply non-constructive. I also claim no special knowledge, just knowledge of a special situation. Try me in math and I can't calculate my way out of a wet paper bag.

As Priesthood holders we all have the same authority as Jesus Christ, but does that mean that we have the same level of knowledge and experience in using that authority? By nature some are older in experience than others. Personal revelation is also highly tenacious. Only the prophet receives revelation for the church, but as members we received revelation for ourselves and families. My 30 years of personal revelation has focused on this one area of spiritual warfare.

Anyone else can receive from the Lord personal revelation concerning the things the I know and understand. Anyone. But in this we must trust in the Lord that He will give to each of us what we need to know. He does indeed know what we need and builds a tapestry of that knowledge over a lifetime.

Having said this I go against the powers and principalities of evil daily using the authority I have and the knowledge I have. As in all things my life and my personal pattern of revelation have brought me to the point I fight evil daily. This is what the Lord asked me to do before the world was and this is what I do now. How do I know He asked me to do that. The answer to that is simply.

For whatever reason I did not forget when I crossed the veil.

Randy

3rd Jul, 2009 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Exorcism Mormon

I understand where you are coming from and appreciate that you now cleared up where you are getting your info from lest anyone should read your pattern and think this is an official or doctrinal "how to" for exorcism when it is not:

There are three steps in removing the possession of earthbound spirits.

1. Rebuking the evil spirit in the name of Jesus Christ. This means to force the evil spirit to stand still.

2. Command the evil spirit to leave the earthbound spirit in the name of Jesus Christ
and by the authority of the Priesthood that you hold.

3. Call on the Lord to send good spirits to take the lost spirit home.

In this way the evil spirit can be cast out and the poor, lost earthbound spirit can be sent home.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2009 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Mormon Exorcism

No my processes are most certainly not official to anyone but the Lord. If you look at this historically, the Catholic Church having an exact process of exorcism have had it collapse in their face far too many times to count. Other religious also have exactly processes or rigid guidelines as fail to carry out the work. I am not saying that the LDS Church should have a standardized approached to casting out evil spirits either.

But guidelines I would definitely agree with. We are in a period where the greatest evil in the history of man is about to be unleashed upon the earth. We are near the time when the angel who has the key to the bottomless pit will open it, letting vast legions of vial things out.

When you are dealing with an evil spirit or some demonic entity, not knowing what you are doing can get you hurt. Possessing entities will generally try to attack the personal commanding their removal. We have something no other church has today and that is Priesthood authority, but authority, to be properly directed, must be combined with knowledge.

The process I shared is not for the removal of evil spirits from a living people. For safety that requires a different approach.

Randy

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Jul, 2009 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism - Page 6

QUOTE ("Randy")
I am not saying that the LDS Church should have a standardized approached to casting out evil spirits either. But guidelines I would definitely agree with.

I actually agree with that. There is only one admirable person I know that was willing to share anything close to this, he mentioned the right arm to the square as in baptism and then cast out by the power of the priesthood and in the name of Jesus Christ.

The process I shared is not for the removal of evil spirits from a living people. For safety that requires a different approach.

Please share your other method, I am interested to read what you do.

3rd Jul, 2009 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

The other day my oldest son (9) asked me if is possible for Satan to possess our bodies, I had a hard time answering the question because the angle he was asking was more about like the "exorcist" movie and I do have a hard time believing something similar it is possible. Maybe I know too little on the subject, not sure.

> TOPIC: Mormon Exorcism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,