Dr. Phil's New Lds Family - Page 2 of 2

I got to thinking about this post this afternoon, - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 14th Apr, 2004 - 1:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Wait! Didn't the Prophet say NOT to get involved in these types of things? Well you know... the love of money is the root...
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2004 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Dr. Phil's New Lds Family
A Friend

Dr. Phil's New Lds Family - Page 2

I got to thinking about this post this afternoon, so I went to the web site and read everything, got all caught up to date. They are one messed up family! And from everything I have read, she and her daughter are the only 'members'. Stacy claims that the Church had been paying rent, utilities, food. Yet her husband Chris doesn't say anything about this.

This is Dr Phil's response to Stacy saying that she couldn't work because her church said she couldn't:

Dr. Phil turns to Stacy, "I heard you say in the tape that your religion, your belief, is that it's the husband's divine responsibility to provide and for you to nurture the children."

Brandishing a piece of paper, Dr. Phil points out, "That's not what [the Mormon creed] says. It does say mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. Disability, death or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. If you get in a special circumstance, then you may have to change roles some, or share roles or do things differently."

It is worth the time to go back to the site and read everything about this family. There is one more incident that mentions the Church:
The most recent family conflict involves 14-year-old Brianne's first taste of alcohol. Chris gave Brianne a piece of pie that was made with tequila. Although Chris says that he let his stepdaughter taste just a morsel of the pie, Brianne says she felt violated by the incident because the Mormon religion forbids alcohol.

Personally I think this incident was blown way out of proportion by the daughter. And I think Dr. Phil over reacted too. Why wasn't Stacy brought into this? She shared in the responsibility of allowing the neighbor to leave the pie?

This is proof positive that all members of the Church have free agency. And I am also thankful that the Church wasn't besmirched by this.

Reconcile Edited: AGene on 14th Apr, 2004 - 1:24am

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Dr. Phil's New Lds Family

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,