Email Accounts 101 - Page 2 of 3

I have two yahoo accounts, two msn accounts, - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 16th Mar, 2005 - 11:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
24th Aug, 2004 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Email Accounts 101 - Page 2

I have two email accounts, like a lot of people I tend to get spam in one (my Yahoo one) and not in the other (my hotmail one.)

I've changed my hotmail address once since 2001, but have had the same Yahoo address since summer of 2000. Actually, it was the first address I had.

I primarily use my hotmail account because it's tied into my MSN Messenger settings and I like the alerts I get when online. Also, because I don't get a lot of spam or junk there. I learned when my Yahoo account started filling up with that not to give my email address out over the net unless I knew who it was going to.

Incidentally, Roz, you mention your old Yahoo address still has a 6MB limit. Mine had 6MB when I signed up too, so when I read your comment, I went and checked. If I understand right, Yahoo have recently upgraded their free service so we get 100MB? I'm sure that's what I read but it seems a little too good to be true for a free email account.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2004 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Email Accounts 101
A Friend

Accounts Email

Incidentally, Roz, you mention your old Yahoo address still has a 6MB limit. Mine had 6MB when I signed up too, so when I read your comment, I went and checked. If I understand right, Yahoo have recently upgraded their free service so we get 100MB? I'm sure that's what I read but it seems a little too good to be true for a free email account.

Nope its not too good to be true. I've had my Yahoo! address for over a year, and I got the 100MB add on. Its true.

But heres something even more awsome. You know how Google is the most popular search engine? Well they are going to have an E-Mail service too! But theirs won't be like Yahoo!'s, it will have 1 GB of space! How can they afford this you ask? Well you see, Google will have targeted adds. Companys will pay lots of dough for those. Thus when you type something in a message and send it. If, say, it was about Archery, you would get Archery adds. And no I don't think they are pop-ups. I'm probably going to get an account when it comes out.

[EDIT: Oh, I forgot to add, just to make this clear, the Google E-Mail service WILL be free!]

Reconcile Edited: ShadowNinja on 25th Aug, 2004 - 12:05am

25th Aug, 2004 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Email Accounts 101 Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I'd heard about the Google email service, although not about the gig of space. That's frightening! On reflection I'm not sure I like that. With so much space you could have people emailing entire pirated programs to each other, and that's not a good idea.

I'm not for a second suggesting that would be Google's intention, but it would certainly make it easy for people to exchange software without resorting to something like Kazaa.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2005 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Email Accounts 101
A Friend

Page 2 Accounts Email

I used to have only one email address, but just yesterday I switched over to Gmail permanently. I really don't receive spam, as they do an excellent job at filtering, and I am careful at giving my address away. Gmail is awesome, it offers 1000 mb of storage space, and it has an incredible email filing and search system. Another thing, if you need to enter your email somewhere to get something, but aren't interested in receiving the emails, you could use Source 5s, a service which allows you to check an email for any email. Eg ******@dodgeit.com, you put that in the text box, hit check mail, and you get to check the mail sent there. There is no registration forms, and anyone can acess it without a password. Its pretty cool if your usually signing up for stuff.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2005 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Accounts Email

User JPQuiceno do not post your Email address in any messages here. Read the rules concerning Constructive messages.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2005 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

Email Accounts 101
A Friend

Email Accounts 101

I use two different e-mail addresses mostly. Both from Yahoo. I use one to do my e-mailing and one to give to on-line registrations to avoid SPAM.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Mar, 2005 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

Email Accounts 101 - Page 2

I also have 2 old Yahoo accounts, but I have switched to Gmail. I'm pretty well pleased with it, as they give me a 1 gig mailbox, and the archiving it does makes things so easy for me to find again. Since it's only available by invitation, if you really want one, you can PM me, and I can send you one.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2005 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

Email Accounts 101
A Friend

Email Accounts 101 Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

I have two yahoo accounts, two msn accounts, my earthlink account (came with dsl), and two gmail accounts. I have one of each for spam, the other yahoo and msn accounts are just for messenger and the gmail account is for all serious signups, like here. My earthlink account is for family members only. I used to have a lycos email and and anonymous email account for trading cracks and hacks, but I don't remember their passwords anymore. I love having lots of email accounts. I give different accounts out to different people depending on how I feel about them. All sign ups go to one of my yahoo accounts. My anonymous blog and diary online go to one of my gmail accounts. I have so many accounts, I could set up an email account auction!

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Email Accounts 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,